The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates January 19th 2017 - Combat Bonuses and New Interfaces
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:11:25 pm »
Hey guys,

I've got some bigger changes ready with this update, which introduce new ways to improve our combat system. Please take your time and read through the updates. The largest change is the introduction of lifesteal and damage soaking bonuses.

New Equipment and Character Design Screens

I've recreated both of the interfaces. They now feature a large version, which also displays your character's chat head. The equipment screen has received 2 new bonuses:
  • Lifesteal: Just like the vampyrism aura. You can now see how much lifesteal your equipment gives.
  • Soaked: This tells the amount of damage your equipment is soaking. I'll explain this change in more detail below.
I've also fixed a bug where equipment screen bonuses would appear in the quest tab or in the music play list. This will no longer happen.

Damage Soaking

With earlier releases of strong weapons and special attacks, your character has become pretty fragile. Also bosses hit like a truck if you don't pay attention or if you use wrong prayers. I would like to give you the opportunity to also build tanky characters. To think about bringing more damage or more tankiness. Now, this cannot be done by just providing more and more defence bonus, because it will just result the chance of not being hit. Yet, an enemy can still deal the full damage on you.

To change this, I'd like to introduce damage soaking. The amount of soaked damage can now be seen on your equipment screen and it's a quadratic function depending on your highest defence bonus. Meaning, that you can stack up a lot of defence bonus in order to reduce the power of incoming hits. The equipment setting tells you the amount that is subtracted from every incoming hit. This calculation is done BEFORE protection prayers, so it's impossible to completely nullify an enemy's high hit.

I know that this is quite a big change, so I'd like to call it experimental for now. We may have to tweak the values a little and think of special scenarios where this system may fail. I'd welcome feedback on this topic a lot! :)

Other Changes
  • GWD boss cash drops buffed. They now drop 75-200k.
  • Ancient Caves drops buffed. Items now drop in larger quantities and herb drops are noted.
  • K'ril Tsutsaroth will no longer spawn an infinite amount of minions.
  • Full Guthan's now has flat lifesteal bonus.
  • Full Torag's now has flat damage soaking bonus.
  • Spirit shields have slightly been nerfed. I reduced their defensive bonuses.
  • Slight buffs to defender accuracy and strength bonuses.
  • Health above entities can now be enabled via the Game Settings. This shows the exact health values above all enemies that are in combat.
  • Hitpoints, prayer and run orbs now start to blink when they reach less than 10%.
  • Aggressive monsters will no longer attack you when being in combat with another monster. Before this update, it was possible that certain monsters would attack you, even though you were fighting another one.
  • A bug was fixed where shadows where flickering during combat.
  • Santa and Jack Frost have left.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:51:16 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Bluestorm, A D N A N, Sir Antrax, Hi Im Ethan, Level Down, Enters 00, Iron Corne

Offline Kapitan

• Liked: 14 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates January 19th 2017 - Combat Bonuses and New Interfaces
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:06 am »
dmn nice update thomy

Emps-word player since September 21, 2014

emps-scape player 2008-2013

Offline Ilililillili

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:26:49 am »
thx im at arma boss atm, good money incoming.

Offline A D N A N

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:28:57 am »
thank you thomy!

Offline Skymaster100

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:02 am »
woah nice cant wait test this out xD

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:33:00 am »
thats cool, well done!  8)
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:37:09 am »
nice update, but gg spirit shield prices

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:42:54 am »

Spirit shields weren't used for their defensive bonuses, but I can't avoid panic sells. :)

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 09:48:56 am »

Spirit shields weren't used for their defensive bonuses, but I can't avoid panic sells. :)

strength bonuses nerfed also, so prices will go even down like they are now.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 09:51:00 am »

strength bonuses nerfed also, so prices will go even down like they are now.

Oh, that's a bug in the description. Strength bonus wasn't nerfed. Thanks. ;)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:42 am »
Great to see absorbtion being implemented, will have to see how it works out.
Ice shield now has even more of a edge over elysian spirit shield, since it has superior defence bonuses now. Arcane spirit shield took a huge hit, losing not only defence bonuses but dragon defender now has better offensive stats.

Why on earth were spirit shields nerfed? They were already in kind of a bad state and this has made them a lot worse.

;
The following users liked this post: Di Dot

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 10:27:18 am »
Great to see absorbtion being implemented, will have to see how it works out.
Ice shield now has even more of a edge over elysian spirit shield, since it has superior defence bonuses now. Arcane spirit shield took a huge hit, losing not only defence bonuses but dragon defender now has better offensive stats.

Why on earth were spirit shields nerfed? They were already in kind of a bad state and this has made them a lot worse.

Spirit shields were nerfed for their defensive bonuses. They were used for their strength and accuracy bonuses, as well as their deflect effect. The point of this change is, that you have to choose between defensive bonuses (dragonfire shield, 3rd age) or additional offensive bonuses (spirit shield: deflect effect, accuracy and strength bonus or defenders). If you compare the values in a full set, you'll see that the difference is neglectable.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 10:31:09 am »
GWD boss cash drops buffed. They now drop 75-200k.

The cash drops I got from Arma were 200k+ before the update ???

Looking nice, can't wait to test these things out.

I agree with Charr here. You never had any reason to use Arcane in the first place, since Anger weapons were the best melee weapons for PvM. Crossbows' DPS is also kinda bad so I'd rather use Seercull/god bows so there goes the need for a Divine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:33:50 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:18 am »
GWD boss cash drops buffed. They now drop 75-200k.

The cash drops I got from Arma were 200k+ before the update ???

The drops were released a few days earlier and contained some bugs. Where the amount span, so 75-200k would turn into 75-275k. Was never intended to be that way and has now been patched.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 01:26:38 pm »
love it specify that u took ur time on it so it gave good result and ur work is on point with great details. I hope the next update includes pking  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:34:14 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
Pages: 1 2