The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Following things have been updated:
  • Event Point (EP) shop updated. You can now buy colored versions of the Staff of light and of Robin hood hats. You're also able to buy colored versions of Infinity robes. Colored items from the EP shop are all tradeable!

We're already working on a system which allows you to get EP on a daily base. Our plan is to add a daily task system, where you have to mine a given amount of ores or kill a given amount of monsters. When finishing a task, you'll be rewarded with EP.
  • The Christmas tree and its presents was removed! The snow drifts will still stay for a while though.

Bugfixes, QoL changes and improvements
  • Further improvements have been made to the object spawning system. Some people were rarely having problems with resources not properly respawning. The assumption of the bug here is, that it occurs when an object is spawned while the map is loading. I've tweaked some code to avoid that case, but I cannot guarantee that it will fix the problem completely.
  • Staff of light reduction timer is now saved when logging out.
  • Antipoison timer is now saved when logging out. Moreover, the antipoison timer is now also reset when entering a duel.
  • Barbarian dungeon's lava is no longer clippable.
  • Multi model buffering (client-sided rendering technique) has received improvements. You can already test it out (via Game Settings), it will be made standard for everyone once it's completely finished. Welcoming feedback there! :)
  • Dueling spawning code reworked. When not enabling obstacles, you and your opponent will now always spawn next to each other. It's also impossible that other dueling pairs spawn on top of you now. Dueling timers were also updated, they are now synchronized at every iteration to ensure both players can attack each other at exactly the same cycle.
  • Teleblock timer was increased from 4 minutes to 5 minutes. Don't be upset though, when leaving the wilderness this timer is immediately reset now!
  • PvP under attack system overhauled. It's a little bit complicated, but I'll do my best to explain the new system (RS style): In general players and npcs become attackable by everyone when they aren't hit for an amount of time. That amount of time is called the 'attack immunity timer'. When the under attack timer of an npc or player reaches 0, they can be attacked by everyone else. It's effectively able to steal idle fights now, providing the enemy hasn't fought back for the time of the 'attack immunity timer'.
  • Your attack immunity timer in PvP zones when you lose track of your target has been removed. Losing track of your target means not seeing them anymore, that can either be a teleport, a death, using a ladder, etc. When you've lost track of your target, another player is able to attack you again within 1 second.
  • Your attack immunity timer has been reduced by 3 seconds in general. If you eat 3 items in a row, you'll expose yourself to attacks from other people than from your target. The formula to determine the attack immunity timer was changed from 'weapon speed + 8 seconds' to 'weapon speed + 4 seconds'.
  • Korasi's sword attack level requirement moved to 80. The sword's special attack has also been adjusted accordingly. It now has the combat power of a Vesta longsword.
  • Hit splats can now show values larger than 255. Moreover, with this update we're now also able to send the exact amount of your opponent's hitpoints to the client. You won't feel any difference from this new mechanic but we'll use it in the coming weeks to develop a new hitpoints bar which will display your enemy's exact hitpoints.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:53:57 am by Thomy »

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
Re: Updates January 19th 2016 - PvP changes and new EP shop rewards!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:29:57 am »
Thanks for the updates! The coloured items look great! Thanks for all the hard work.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Slarel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:31:47 am »
Perfect update, since it has a fantastic shop as this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:34:10 am by Slarel »

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:49:52 am »
Thanks for the update, cant wait to buy all these new items ingame :D

Offline Criminal

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:18:12 am »
plz just add something so we can get easy event points or just make a lot of events to buy those items cuz it take months to get few event points
+i know about new event but its just for ppl which have good skills with design and not many players are good with it

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:05 am »
Lovely, thank you.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:21:10 am »
Thanks thomy!

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:39:58 am »
I honestly don't like those new colored items that can be obtained from EP shop. Some of them are just don't really need to be colored at all. They barely look nice. :/

O-T: Thanks for the great updates Thomy!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:57:44 am »
plz just add something so we can get easy event points or just make a lot of events to buy those items cuz it take months to get few event points
+i know about new event but its just for ppl which have good skills with design and not many players are good with it
You can also join with a cool screenshot ;)

I honestly don't like those new colored items that can be obtained from EP shop. Some of them are just don't really need to be colored at all. They barely look nice. :/

O-T: Thanks for the great updates Thomy!
They are already by default in the runescape item collection, so why not :)

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:15 am »
That blue inf set looks sexy af.

Offline The Ava

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »

We're already working on a system which allows you to get EP on a daily base. Our plan is to add a daily task system, where you have to mine a given amount of ores or kill a given amount of monsters. When finishing a task, you'll be rewarded with EP.[/li][/list]
Can't wait for this one! 
Great update,  Thanks!
* Game Moderator  Since 28/11/2017, Resigned 10/03/2018
*Oldschool Player Since 2009.
*ING: St 3rd mage

Offline Nedaz

• Liked: 65 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 12:25:40 pm »
those robin hod hats look awesome

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:38:50 pm »
thank you for new event rewards  :-*

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 03:36:46 pm »
Awesome new event rewards! So good looking, thanks.

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 05:09:28 pm »
Can't wait to see what you stir up for the EP daily points, will be interesting! Thanks, Thomy. :)
Pages: 1 2 3