The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates December 26th 2017 - PvP Improvements and Bugfixes
« on: December 23, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »
Hey guys,

This update couldn't wait until next year, so I'm rolling it out shortly after Christmas. It's mainly to stop people from abusing the Christmas event by creating tons of new accounts. The changes aren't too big, but interesting for PvP scenarios. Please take your time and read through the changes!

Range / Mage Hits
I've changed the way distant combat hits are calculated internally. Before the update, the hit would be calculated whenever the projectile hit the enemy. So whenever a spell or arrow was hitting your enemy. With this update, the calculation is done when the projectile is fired. So whenever you shoot the arrow or start casting the spell. You can now estimate or calculate your next hit by taking a look at the experience gained immediately after shooting an arrow or casting a spell. I've changed this in order to make combos easier in PvP scenarios, where you need to know the next incoming hit for a follow-up attack. You can also no longer gain experience for overkills (hitting higher than your enemy's health).

Item drops in Instances
Instances have introduced a new way of accessing bosses, but have also come with new complications and misunderstandings. Prior to the update, you weren't able to get back items out of certain instances, because instances themselves were deleted after death. I'm not changing this system, but you'll now be able to see and pick up items that originally belong to you in every instance. Resulting in being able to pick up your items no matter if you're in an instance or not. This doesn't count for items that can be seen by everybody though! So items lost in an instance cannot be picked up by others.

Engine updates:
  • The loading speed of new areas have received some further adjustments. It'll now lag less on slower computers.
  • The anti-aliasing option is now disabled by default on computers using intel HD chips. This improves performance a lot on slower computers. I've been testing this myself and got 60 fps at pretty much any area with shadows disabled on my laptop.
  • Ironman messages are no longer handled as staff messages in clan chats and can now be hidden properly.
Game updates:
  • I've received quite a few reports about people getting stuck when trying to enter instances in the GWD. I was able to reproduce the problem when having the auto-retaliate option on. Entering instances now temporarily disables auto-retaliate to make sure you're not getting stuck while trying to enter an instance. I've also added additional checks if you're frozen or currently cannot pass a door that will stop you from entering an instance and thus avoid you from getting stuck.
  • The granite maul can now do 2 special attacks in 1 game tick. This gives you the opportunity to do 2 (or 3 if timed well) consecutive hits. Since this a huge buff to the granite maul, I'm nerfing its special attack accuracy down from 160% to 100% (osrs copy).
  • Cutting onyxes into bolt tips is now correctly working again.
  • Smite effect is now inflicted at the start of range / magic projectiles instead of when the hit occurs.
  • The Christmas event now requires a total level of 200.
  • It's no longer possible to bug your attack animation when wearing snowman hats after relogging.

I hope you've all had a Merry Christmas. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:11:02 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Fund Kakare, Bluestorm, Tomtim1, Jandar, Bluesunrunne, Ravioli

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
Re: Updates December 26th 2017 - PvP Improvements and Bugfixes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:11:11 am »
Guess i'll have the honor this time :)

Great pvp improvements!

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Skiller Sitt

• Liked: 43 times
  • +0/-0
  • Make your dreams come true!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:12:35 am »
Thanks for the update Thomy , and merry christmas to you too ;)

Offline Jonas15

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 09:15:51 am »
Thomy can you look over my post that I posted few days ago was recommended to you by your staff.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:16:29 am »
Nice updates

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 12:36:47 pm »
nice updates, thanks!

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 02:02:54 pm »
was legit thinking about suggesting the gmaul change l0l

noice  :-*

edit: nvm gmaul "change" is garbage unless the hits become instant as in you dont have to click on spec and then on opponent for it to hit
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:10:48 pm by Earl »

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »
PvP update on my birthday, best gift ever!
Thanks Tommer  ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:26:38 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »

edit: nvm gmaul "change" is garbage unless the hits become instant as in you dont have to click on spec and then on opponent for it to hit

I don't think I understand that... The hits are instant? You switch to gmaul, attack your opponent, double click the special attack bar and deal 2 instant hits. If timed correctly with an auto attack, it's 3 hits.

It was my aim to make it work like it does in OSRS. How does it differ?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 06:31:41 pm »

I don't think I understand that... The hits are instant? You switch to gmaul, attack your opponent, double click the special attack bar and deal 2 instant hits. If timed correctly with an auto attack, it's 3 hits.

Do you remember when you didn't have to click on the other person again to gmaul spec them? That's what he wants. Without that anyone can see the gmaul coming from a mile away.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:33:39 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Earl, Saif Nawaf

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 06:09:24 pm »

Do you remember when you didn't have to click on the other person again to gmaul spec them? That's what he wants. Without that anyone can see the gmaul coming from a mile away.
Yes exactly. The tweak that both specs can be done in 1 tick is a minor change compared to making the hits instant without you having to click on spec bar and then the opponent - this is how it is in OSRS. Hits being instant makes loads of combos possible and could possibly bring life to PvP in the game.
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Crusher123, Saif Nawaf

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
no wait im a retard nvm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:56:50 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Iwill Beat U

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 11:25:57 pm »
this mothafucking g maul update sucks atleast for me who PKS alot with g maul. now its much slower to do because u need to click opponet first before spec bar what is even point behind that?
The following users liked this post: Di Dot, Ravioli

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 02:29:00 pm »

Yes exactly. The tweak that both specs can be done in 1 tick is a minor change compared to making the hits instant without you having to click on spec bar and then the opponent - this is how it is in OSRS. Hits being instant makes loads of combos possible and could possibly bring life to PvP in the game.

I've just checked this mechanic myself and this is not how it's done in OSRS. Your attack resets when you swap your equipment. It still requires some clicks to get a good combo done. However, I will tweak how the gmaul currently is, because it's bugging when you're not close to your enemy.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 03:17:47 pm »

I've just checked this mechanic myself and this is not how it's done in OSRS. Your attack resets when you swap your equipment. It still requires some clicks to get a good combo done. However, I will tweak how the gmaul currently is, because it's bugging when you're not close to your enemy.

Nah, you just can't one tick

(skip to 2m59s)
Pages: 1 2