The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I've got a few things ready for today. The changes are mostly cosmetical. Take your time and read through them, they are pretty handy! ;)

Ground Alignment
Monsters are now properly aligned to the steepness of the ground. You can see an example below where the dragon is pointing towards the player and isn't just floating:

Music System
I've never really put a lot of effort into creating a proper music system before. With this update, most (330 out of 350 songs) are clickable in the music interface and will be played in their appropriate regions. This will change some of the songs previously used in certain regions, but therefore gives the entire game a correct music overlay. The system may still contain minor bugs, such as areas having no songs or songs not playing. But that's really minor things that I can fix at runtime. If you find something wrong, just report it! Oh and... if you find over 200 area songs, you can unlock the play guitar emote! :)

Grand Exchange Market
You'll now be able to take a look at the prices of items in the game. I've worked on a homepage tool that takes all trades from the Grand Exchange and plots them on a graph. You can see an example here: https://emps-world.net/ge_plots.php#plot,Manta_ray,391,60

Following things have been changed:
  • Blood altar usability improved.
  • Loading times increased of new regions for high Rendering Distance (RD) settings.
  • Hit effects (spirit shields, vengeance, etc.) are now applied when the hit lands. Before the update they were applied at the attack animation.
  • Item drops now last for 3 minutes instead of 2. Items upon death will now be visible to your account for 2 minutes and afterwards an additional minute to everyone. The initial change of this update didn't aim at making it difficult for beginners to get their items back. I am sorry for that.
  • The client will no longer crash when it fails to load certain models. This could possibly fix a bug in Port Sarim's dungeon (Wyverns) and other loading problems.
  • Alch values have been increased by 25%.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:09:03 am by Thomy »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates December 22nd 2016 - Music System & Grand Exchange Graphs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:11:49 am »
Cool update,
Expected another 2 mins to death timer, however we have to test this out before we ask for more ;)

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:30:56 am »
That marketing graph is very useful.
Thank you.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:32:00 am »
Would say the majority of these changes are functional instead of cosmetical, but that's not important.

Was the blood altar the only altar you've taken a look at? Last time I used the soul altar it was quite a walk, might have to check that again though.
;

Offline Brokengate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:47:21 am »
Nice update! I hope that GE graph is really going to help players!

Offline Monster333

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 10:01:47 am »
good job thomy :)

Offline Roach

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 10:59:26 am »
sadly the graph works for only a few items, and you know what I mean by that.

thank you for the death timer m8.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 11:46:31 am »
Nice updates Thomy, Keep it up ;)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »
when will the clue scroll counter and caskets you get after completing the clue will be added?
other than that, very nice update, thanks

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »
Genuinely don't know what you mean by that, could you elaborate?
It works completely fine for any item I've searched so far.
;

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 09:38:48 pm »
Nice update. And we're waiting for summoning!  :)

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »
Genuinely don't know what you mean by that, could you elaborate?
It works completely fine for any item I've searched so far.

I think he means that the price of GE is not correct on all of the items. As players don't use GE selling and buying a certain item, the price of the item in GE won't change. However, its real price is far from that GE price. For example, the newest items, and some non-regular items' price are out of sync.

Not sure if he meant that, but that's my opinion why the price checker and also that paragraph is not working. It just can't.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »
I think he means that the price of GE is not correct on all of the items. As players don't use GE selling and buying a certain item, the price of the item in GE won't change. However, its real price is far from that GE price. For example, the newest items, and some non-regular items' price are out of sync.

Not sure if he meant that, but that's my opinion why the price checker and also that paragraph is not working. It just can't.
The graph displays the average price the item was sold at at that time. It not only shows that people do use GE, but it's also much more accurate than any kind of street price will ever be. I've generally not had trouble selling things at GE prices since it was out, I've also had no trouble selling things for "street prices" on the GE since GE is out. It's functionining perfectly fine.

The "oh nobody uses GE so I don't use GE" excuse is lazy and ignorant. With each and every person that stops whining about this and starts using the GE, the GE improves, y'all literally biting your own tails at this point.

I don't think this is what he means by that.

;
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 11:12:19 pm »
Awesome! Thanks!

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 12:22:11 pm »
you can't search for any of the god pets on ge graph, nor you can use the price checker on them, and you can't search for them in ge. would be nice if you added them.
Pages: 1 2