The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

This is quite a large update. Take your time and read through it, there's a lot! :)

Christmas Event 2016
Only a few weeks until Christmas! This year's event is a little bit of fun and irony. I won't say too much though, talk to Santa at the Grand Exchange! Jack Frost has plans for Christmas this year. Hear him out and decide for yourself if you help him or Santa!
Below's a picture with the possible rewards from the event. You get the rewards out of Christmas crackers, which are obtained by completing present deliveries. The chances of getting one out of the three (reindeer hat, christmas cape and present imp pet) is 1 in 100 for each.

Runecrafting and the Abyss
Runecrafting has always happened in the Abyss. The only thing you had to do was teleporting there and clicking on the appropriate rift. Quite boring, no? You're now able to access the entire Abyss. There's aggressive monster spawns in the outer circle. Getting into the inner circle requires passing an obstacle that requires level 50 in its corresponding skill. The obstacles rotate randomly and there's also one obstacle that has no skill requirement. Creatures of the Abyss drop essence pouches. An item that allows storage of rune essences, effectively allowing you to craft more runes per run! Pouches degrade just like any other degradeable items (barrow armours, elemental bows, etc.) and you can have multiple pouches. Though, only one pouch of a type (small, medium, large, giant) can be used at the same time. So you can't use 2 medium pouches at the same time. However, you can use 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large and 1 giant pouch in one run though. Filling and emptying pouches degrades them. Every rune essence you put or remove from a pouch degrades it by 1. The larger the pouch is, the more charges it has.

Combination Runes
With the update of the Abyss, combination runes are also finding their way into Emps-World. A combination rune is a combination of 2 of the elemental runes: water, earth, air and fire. They count as 2 runes when casting a spell. These runes cannot be bought in any shop and have to be created with Runecrafting. The creation is simple and best explained with an example. Let's say we want to create Smoke runes, a combination of air and fire runes. You can do this by either visiting the Air altar with a fire talisman and fire runes or the Fire altar with an air talisman and air runes. This example is equivalent for any other elemental rune creation. Following new runes now exist:
  • Steam rune: Water and Fire
  • Mist rune: Air and Water
  • Dust rune: Air and Earth
  • Smoke rune: Air and Fire
  • Mud rune: Earth and Water
  • Lava rune: Earth and Fire
Talismans can be obtained by killing Abyssal creatures at the Abyss. We plan on adding talismans to other monster's droptables, but for now, Abyssal creatures drop all talisman types.

HD Ground
I've added a ground shader that combines neighboring textures and mixes their colors accordingly. It removes the overall tile look and feel of the floor and imo looks way much better. You can see an example here:

This setting is enabled by default, because it gives the best quality without the loss of performance. Tested on both my desktop PC (with a heavy GPU) and my laptop (intel chip) with no costs at fps. You can change it if you dislike it though. The graphic settings have been adjusted accordingly. You're no longer able to select different ground textures, but quality modes of the ground that feature all combinations previously possible. Oh, and the default ground textures have also been changed. There's 2 different ones now, one for being inside a dungeon and one for being on surface.

Following things have been changed:
  • The scan range for the wilderness scan clue (level 25-55) was increased from 22 to 25. Moreover you can no longer get this scan area in easy and medium clue scrolls.
  • Puzzles will no longer occur in easy or medium clue scrolls.
  • Clicking areas for rifts in the abyss (Runecrafting) improved.
  • Elite clue scroll drop table modified. Dragon items removed and chances for other items adjusted.
  • Dragon darts accuracy nerfed from 87 to 65.
  • God bows accuracy increased from 107 to 121 and added 5 additional ranged strength bonus.
  • Clicking areas improved for bridges and the duel arena viewing area. Your character will now walk to the exact ground spot that you clicked on. This bug also fixes a problem where lighting fires would appear beneath bridges or items dropped on bridges were floating in the air.
  • The items on ground system on the client's end has been reworked. It was improved to gain performance (maybe +1 fps) and a bug was fixed where items on the floor wouldn't show anymore.
  • Snowballs are now worth 0gp.
  • Abyss teleport animation updated.
  • A bug with the elite clue scroll droptables was fixed.

Merry Christmas!
~ Thomy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:05:32 am by Thomy »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates December 10th 2016 - Christmas Event, Abyss Rework and HD Ground
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 09:14:00 am »
Thanks for the update boss

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 09:29:00 am »
Awesome

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 09:42:32 am »
Damn Thomy going hard, clues and christmas event in such short period  :gnomechild:

Merry Christmas :-[

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:09:49 am by Drugs »

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:20:32 am »
Damnnn, I want that imp pet !
Btw, are those pouches tradeable? ( I can't come online now to check it)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 12:29:44 pm by Emps Loover »

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:31:12 am »
Pouches are untradeable, but the Christmas rewards are tradeable! :)

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 10:45:33 am »
I still feel like holiday event rewards should be untradeable..
And what's up with the agressive monsters in abyss? How strong are they, can skillers still runecraft or they will be ko'd instantly?

Massive update indeed, thanks for spending your time! :)

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 10:57:00 am »
What about the droptable @cracker, the salty claws hat and candy cane will be removed from the droptable ?

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 11:13:04 am »
Good update overall, however I believe that d darts change was so damn big, you just removed 1/4 of its accuracy

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 12:28:01 pm »
Good update overall, however I believe that d darts change was so damn big, you just removed 1/4 of its accuracy

Don't forget how big factor their speed is. Seercull was superior to God bows because of its speed before the buff.

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:58:23 pm »
I chose to be a savage and helped jack instead of santa.
But man this event was so much fun, read it all and had a great time pursuing it.

Good job!
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 08:56:14 pm »
Merry christmas Thomer, thanks for the update =D
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 11:12:28 am »
Merry Christmas Thomy!

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease
Pages: 1