The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates August 8th 2017 - Game Balancing & Fixes
« on: June 13, 2017, 01:33:31 pm »
Hey everyone,

I've been away for quite a bit. The reasons for my break is that I'm just being busy with other things. Also the decline in emps' popularity has been quite demotivating and frustrating for me. So I've decided to take a break and focus on my master thesis as well as on my job. Don't worry though, emps is still a hobby that I enjoy working on! I'll be working more on features that bring new players and keep old players rather than programming new content. The updates I currently have in mind are the following:
  • Referrals - Pretty much done for months already, but I still haven't had an idea on how to fix cheating here. We probably need to verify referrals manually in order to keep it fair.
  • Nex - I originally planned to release this new boss directly after Construction but it got delayed many times. It's still on the update stack though.
  • Achievements - Recently started working on it, but I cannot say when it will be done. This heavily depends on how many achievements there will be.
  • Graphical Improvements - I've read into water effects and thought that ambient occlusion might also improve the game. Though I haven't had too much success yet in implementing those.

Weaknesses

It has been brought up recently that equipping high level armour completely destroys the combat triangle. You get defensive bonuses for every attack style and that results in being overall resistant to everything. This becomes especially annoying in PvP situations where your opponent's high level armour just cannot be countered in any way.
This is unhealthy gameplay imo and I am presenting following solution: defensive bonus reduction. Armours can be is split into 3 classes: Melee, Range and Magic. The combat triangle's concept is the following: Melee beats Range, Range beats Magic and Magic beats Melee. Thus Melee armour is weak against Magic, neutral against itself and strong against Range. In order to give weakness and neutrality a more meaningful impact, I've reduced weak and neutral defensive bonuses:
  • Weakness: 35% of its original bonus
  • Neutral: 70% of its original bonus
Strong bonuses have been untouched (Range bonus of Melee armour). This means that there has been no impact on damage soaking and also accuracy and strength bonuses remain untouched. This change's purpose is to give your character clearer weaknesses but still keep armours useful.

Changes and Fixes:
  • Clan chat messages are now correctly shown again. Some commands were just ignored. (/create, /delete, etc.)
  • Experience broadcasts were bugged. They're fixed and will now show correctly.
  • The fade-in effect of new objects when the map is loading has been improved. Some flickering effects have been fixed.
  • Superheat spell has been fixed. It will no longer eat runes and grant experience when you don't meed the requirements to smelt ores.
  • Framescale now goes up to 2.0. This will work fine with 4k monitors. With this patch, the viewport with framescales has also been fixed.
  • A bug in duel arena was fixed that healed players randomly while they were dying resulting in the other party winning the duel. I know this bug has been frustrating for many months, but the cause remained unknown until now!
  • A bug in PvP fights has been fixed that showed a wrong health bar. The bug occurred when you ate and healed at exactly the same time. The heal is registered as a negative health addition. This addition (- -1 = +1) resulted in the hit being added instead of being subtracted and then showed a wrong health bar.
  • The proc chance of Karils and Veracs has been increased from 25% to 40%.
  • Damage soaking bonus of Torags increased from 8 to 10.
  • Crystal shield's defensive bonuses have been nerfed. It now gives +75 in every combat style.
  • Dharok's effect has been buffed. The maximum hit has been buffed from 84 to 96 (1 HP, pot, prayer, max strength bonus). The formula has also slighty been edited to let the effect kick in earlier. Your Equipment screen now also shows the max hit with Dharoks on 1 HP.
  • Accuracy bonuses of melee barrow weapons nerfed from 131/151 to 121. Note: Dharok's axe accuracy bonus nerf of 30 sounds like a lot but its max hit has been buffed by 10 to cope with that!

I'll be on holidays (no work + no uni) in the coming 3-4 weeks and plan on releasing at least one of the bigger updates mentioned above. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:38:48 pm by Thomy »

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
Re: Updates August 8th 2017 - Game Balancing & Fixes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »
First reply

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:21:34 pm »
:pogchamp: hes alive :pogchamp:
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Fizz

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19621.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19462.0
I'm sooo waiting for these  :'(

O-T: Well done, Thomy, though. Updates are amazing. Keep it up!

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »
Nex - I originally planned to release this new boss directly after Construction but it got delayed many times. It's still on the update stack though.
This sounds really hype to be honest for me. Recently learned how to solo nex in Runescape as well haha.

Graphical Improvements - I've read into water effects and thought that ambient occlusion might also improve the game. Though I haven't had too much success yet in implementing those.
Have you ever looked or planned on developing tweening? You remember that from one of the 3rd party clients someone developed for oldschool runescape? It was on slack if you still remember it.

Achievements - Recently started working on it, but I cannot say when it will be done. This heavily depends on how many achievements there will be.
Community might and should be able to give some ideas on that.

Referrals - Pretty much done for months already, but I still haven't had an idea on how to fix cheating here. We probably need to verify referrals manually in order to keep it fair.
How does this actually work? Will there be rewards?

Great job though, you really deserve to keep some break from Emps, you've really worked hard the past year. :)
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 03:32:02 pm »
Nex - I originally planned to release this new boss directly after Construction but it got delayed many times. It's still on the update stack though.
This sounds really hype to be honest for me. Recently learned how to solo nex in Runescape as well haha.

Graphical Improvements - I've read into water effects and thought that ambient occlusion might also improve the game. Though I haven't had too much success yet in implementing those.
Have you ever looked or planned on developing tweening? You remember that from one of the 3rd party clients someone developed for oldschool runescape? It was on slack if you still remember it.

Achievements - Recently started working on it, but I cannot say when it will be done. This heavily depends on how many achievements there will be.
Community might and should be able to give some ideas on that.

Referrals - Pretty much done for months already, but I still haven't had an idea on how to fix cheating here. We probably need to verify referrals manually in order to keep it fair.
How does this actually work? Will there be rewards?

Great job though, you really deserve to keep some break from Emps, you've really worked hard the past year. :)

Idk all the answers yet, but tweening is implemented in the emps client. You can't even disable it. ;)

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 03:49:56 pm »
oh man, the hours i spent on this game, and my time spent as a p mod, how i miss those days. Wishing i could be motivated to play again, but it's just not there. Will forever support Emps-World though. keep up the great work Thomy.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Junkz

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=11019.0

plz start throwing in some from that list, thx hun <3

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »
Ignores reply :(

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »
Accuracy bonuses of melee barrow weapons nerfed from 131/151 to 121. Note: Dharok's axe accuracy bonus nerf of 30 sounds like a lot but its max hit has been buffed by 10 to cope with that!

But the accuracy was exactly the problem with Dharoks ???

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:10 pm »
still doesnt change anything...

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »
Accuracy bonuses of melee barrow weapons nerfed from 131/151 to 121. Note: Dharok's axe accuracy bonus nerf of 30 sounds like a lot but its max hit has been buffed by 10 to cope with that!

But the accuracy was exactly the problem with Dharoks ???

The accuracy of Dharok's axe was larger than the ags. It was equalized with other barrows equipment to make it fair. Defence bonuses in general have also been nerfed, so overall it's additional max hits. The effect's formula was also fixed, so the effect will appear sooner and tougher.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:51:05 pm by Thomy »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »
still doesnt change anything...

You can find help for you depression elsewhere. In real life to be specific. If you feel yourself having suicidal thoughts, I'm sure there are many helpline services to call in your country.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »
21 Players online < nice updates

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 10:40:51 pm »
Most stuff sounds good. I don't think the barrows accuracy nerfs were that great but they can be reverted if necessary. Just seems like sort of an unnecessary nerf to guthans, ahrims and torags in terms of offense while the other three sets got compensation for it.
;
Pages: 1 2