The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates April 1st 2017 - Construction
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 07:47:40 am »
No cuz demotivated by the fact that some ''special'' people were able to train 99 in 1 hour also with a cheap price tag and of course nobody bothered to announce that the price of some supplies was going to increase by 2000%.
There was nothing special about it. We had already discussed probable x8 rs rates in game for more than a month. A month ago a topic was made in forum that said the same thing.
Sawmill Operator's store had existed for a very long time with the exact prices.

You were complaining about testers having an advantage over everyone else. I personally didn't take part in the testing eventhough I had access to it. The only decision on why I bought some items from the store was due to the fact that the prices differed vastly from the rs ones. I even had 250m construction banked in planks prior to that.
This information was available to everyone who did some research. Being a tester had nothing to do with it.

I must also mention that only 1 person took advantage from this, since he has nearly 250m xp banked in those blocks.

While this might be frustrating for some (me included), everyone had equal opportunities.

As far as the update itself is concerned, it was certainly my most anticipated one. Great work!

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 09:31:11 am »
Even if resources was available, it's ridiculous that someone can achieve 110m xp in 24 hours or even less.
That is tragic in my opinion. Over the years i have had 200m prayer xp and fletching xp and smithing and everything banked.
None of those skills would give me 110m xp in under 24 hours even if i just kept nolifing it.

I have not started to train it yet, but make it harder, slower. Let us get some pleasure of it.
Not get 99 in 1,5 hour. Its a new skill. Why would you spend so much time on making a skill that literally people finishes
in 1,5hour. I just dont see how that will benefit the server for more than 1 day?

Sorry for the criticism, but i mean it.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 09:55:32 am »
Even if resources was available, it's ridiculous that someone can achieve 110m xp in 24 hours or even less.
That is tragic in my opinion. Over the years i have had 200m prayer xp and fletching xp and smithing and everything banked.
None of those skills would give me 110m xp in under 24 hours even if i just kept nolifing it.

I have not started to train it yet, but make it harder, slower. Let us get some pleasure of it.
Not get 99 in 1,5 hour. Its a new skill. Why would you spend so much time on making a skill that literally people finishes
in 1,5hour. I just dont see how that will benefit the server for more than 1 day?

That's what I was trying to say for over a month, whats the point of having a skill that we can actually finish it in 48 mins ( sorry but your 1.5 hours is just way2much for some people )
apart from the fact that whoever tested it for a whole month had an advantage over other players, knowing exactly what materials you'll need and which could be the fastest way and what to buy ( despite the fact that the price of some materials went for no reason from 15k to 400k / 900k )

I would say, it was a good hour I spent a half a billion on to get my max cape back.

w.e

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 10:04:14 am »
You can achieve much more than that in 24h in many skills. It's not that ridiculous.
Even your own examples are achievable in that time (atleast prayer and fletching, haven't calced smith; 24h fletching with unchanging efficiency is up to 216m XP, it's much higher for prayer).
Construction has always been fast. Also it's not about powerlevelling.
Most of the time spent on construction will be spent on building a house and interacting with it. That's where it's meaning lies.
apart from the fact that whoever tested it for a whole month had an advantage over other players, knowing exactly what materials you'll need and which could be the fastest way and what to buy
As I mentioned in my previous post, this information was available to anyone willing to do some research.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 10:14:30 am »
the experience rates need reworking...there, i said it!

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 10:57:45 am »
The experience rates are fine. You can train Construction extremely fast if you have all the required items and I also don't intend on changing that. The skill will take a very long time if you also have to collect all the materials.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 11:07:47 am »
You were complaining about testers having an advantage over everyone else. I personally didn't take part in the testing eventhough I had access to it. The only decision on why I bought some items from the store was due to the fact that the prices differed vastly from the rs ones.

From there we can draw the obvious conclusion of ''special people'' never meaning testers. I thought you would be smarter than that.actually I didnt

All I'm saying is that there should had been an announcement about the prices, or the items should had been wiped from existence. Charr saved ~9,3B cash with 30k marbles alone, excluding the cost of how many dxp scrolls he is going to save. Back when Hunter got released and people trained it to 99 in 3 hours the whole server got an XP reset for it because of en abuse people might had not even used. Charr got a 99 in an hour. Where's the reset now? Hell, why are you both avoiding money sinks you both so much wanted to have in the game? Hypocrisy at its highest right here.

Also why the hell was the XP cap increased to 250M for ''fair competition'' when the skill release right after that is filled with bullshit like this?

the experience rates need reworking...there, i said it!

There's nothing wrong with the XP rates. You can train 99 in less than 24 hours in RS. Since there is no active market in Emps because of the fact that the game is dead, legitimately collecting your supplies (planks) will take nearly as long as 99 in RS. There are multiple skills as fast as construction in Emps.

Herblore is over 1M xp/h after reaching Super attacks (lvl 48), Firemaking is over 1m xp/h after maples (lvl 40), Smithing steel platebodies is over 1m xp/h (lvl 48), Stringing Willow longbows is just a bit off from 1m xp/h (lvl 35). Most of skills at high levels are between 2,5M and 5M xp/h. Double those numbers with unlimited double XP and you'll get 1-99 in all of those skills in one day assuming you have the supplies ready.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icedrags, Avenus, Skill0wzer, Str8att7

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 11:24:49 am »
Thomy, have you fixed bug in castle wars?
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 11:27:14 am »

Not aware of any Castle Wars bug, please: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?action=post;board=17.0

Offline Iron 69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 11:32:21 am »

Not aware of any Castle Wars bug, please: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?action=post;board=17.0

there was a bug about not getting extra tickets for capturing flags.. Not sure if its fixed, so its the reason im asking

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 11:38:59 am »

there was a bug about not getting extra tickets for capturing flags.. Not sure if its fixed, so its the reason im asking

That was already fixed a while ago, thanks a lot for mentioning it though! :) Please just make a bug report, no matter if it's still in the game or not. I'll still check and verify it. Thank you!

Offline Iron 69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:51 am »

That was already fixed a while ago, thanks a lot for mentioning it though! :) Please just make a bug report, no matter if it's still in the game or not. I'll still check and verify it. Thank you!

Ok, thank you as well! have a great day 8)
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 11:45:38 am »
construction would have been bugged to hell and everyone would have been reset if there weren't any testers, just like hunter was (which was released unintentionally by the way). Testers have an 'advantage' by knowing which materials are needed and collect them upfront, materials that are already described in the runescape wiki for the past 10 years. Thomy has been posting regular updates on construction so it was going to be released very soon.

theres 13 people with 99 construction after a full day, considering the amount of maxed out people and the xp training meta that emps has, i don't think that's outrageous at all

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 11:52:49 am »
You were complaining about testers having an advantage over everyone else. I personally didn't take part in the testing eventhough I had access to it. The only decision on why I bought some items from the store was due to the fact that the prices differed vastly from the rs ones.

From there we can draw the obvious conclusion of ''special people'' never meaning testers. I thought you would be smarter than that.actually I didnt

All I'm saying is that there should had been an announcement about the prices, or the items should had been wiped from existence. Charr saved ~9,3B cash with 30k marbles alone, excluding the cost of how many dxp scrolls he is going to save. Back when Hunter got released and people trained it to 99 in 3 hours the whole server got an XP reset for it because of en abuse people might had not even used. Charr got a 99 in an hour. Where's the reset now? Hell, why are you both avoiding money sinks you both so much wanted to have in the game? Hypocrisy at its highest right here.

Also why the hell was the XP cap increased to 250M for ''fair competition'' when the skill release right after that is filled with bullshit like this?

I do agree on that. Though, to be fair... everyone was able to buy these items. So it's my fault for not removing them out of the game before the release of Construction. Situations like these will always arise if I put stuff into the game that just isn't yet finished. Taking items away now would be unfair. Especially, because nobody knew that the prices of these materials would change. I've never mentioned it, nor put it into the beta tester world.

So I guess... I'm sorry for the early shops and that unfair situations resulted out of it.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »

I do agree on that. Though, to be fair... everyone was able to buy these items. So it's my fault for not removing them out of the game before the release of Construction. Situations like these will always arise if I put stuff into the game that just isn't yet finished. Taking items away now would be unfair. Especially, because nobody knew that the prices of these materials would change. I've never mentioned it, nor put it into the beta tester world.

So I guess... I'm sorry for the early shops and that unfair situations resulted out of it.
I call bullshit, certain players had the decency to not take advantage of the low prices and actually train at the same expence as most players now have to. Meaning it was expected to happen.

Edit: thanks for admitting the mistake though.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1 2 3