The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates 26/10/2015
« on: October 10, 2015, 09:58:14 am »
Hey guys,

Following things have been updated:
  • Minimap code overhauled. You'll no longer have random square cubes on your minimap. Transitions between different terrains are also much smoother now. Some black spots were also removed (e.g. Lumbridge).
  • Hairstyles when wearing hats have been updated. Some hairstyles are now replaced by others when wearing a hat, because they would clip with the hat model.
  • Projectile clipping code overhaul. You should no longer be able to shoot through walls (e.g. Castle Wars).
  • I've rewritten major parts in the map loader and cache downloader. Some people were still getting white screens when the map was loading or were getting white/black floors. The new system should fix these issues once and for all. If you still have these kind of issues, please make helpdesk ticket or send us a bug report.
  • Dead tree models have been updated.
  • Further improvements to the cache downloader and map loader. Overall, the system should be a little bit faster and recovers faster from invalid downloads and/or map data.
  • Bonus exp mechanics changed (brawling gloves are bonus exp). Bonus exps now add on eachother, so wearing a Mining ring and using mining brawling gloves now gives +55% exp instead of +57.5% (1,5 * 1,05). The change is minor, but makes it easier to understand where your bonus exps come from. Moreover, there's now also a limit of 2k (4k when double exp is enabled) bonus exp. Any bonus exp that exceed that limit will be capped. This change was added to avoid people from farming huge experience rewards (e.g. Pest Control).
  • A bug was fixed in the map loader, which left the floor completely white or black.
  • Dragonfire hits accuracy and attack power changed. Don't worry, the effect will really small when wearing an anti dragon shield.
  • Wyrm mounds have received attack options. Combat will now feel smoother when fighting them. You're now also completely not able to attack them during their burrow animation.
  • Forum 'Users Online' time span changed. It now shows users of the past 1440 minutes (=24 hours). I would like to see how many users visit our forum daily!
  • Farming level will now affect how many herbs you will receive compared to the requirement level and your actual level. If you pick herbs at the herb required farming level you now get 3 herbs, up to 16 herbs if your farming level is 10 levels higher than the required level. Any extra levels will not affect the amount of herbs you will get.
  • You now get +6 extra levels from a fishing potion instead of 4.
  • Slayer tasks have been overhauled to better reflect the slayer master and the skill:
    All dagannoths now count for a dagannoth slayer task, aswell as spectrals;
    You can now also receive Chaos dwarves as a medium slayer task;
    You can now receive gargoyles, skeletal wyverns and brutal green dragons from vannaka;
    You can now receive 20 to 30 Brutal green dragons from vannaka;
    You can now receive 10 to 20 Tormented demons from duradel;
    You can now also receive Chronozon as a slayer task;
    Basilisk can now only be received as a medium task;
    Troll spectators, ice spiders and spiritual beings (GWD) have been removed from slayer tasks.

Before a couple tasks were more often assigned than other tasks, this has been adjusted to an equal chance to get any task on the list.

You may be wondering why there's no other updates listed? I'm currently working on a scripting language, that will simplify the implementation of game interactions with npcs. When the system is finished, we'll be able to speed up the implementation of quests by a lot. I'm also working on a new tutorial, which will be written completely in the scripting language. I'd say we can call it emps script! :) When emps script turns out to be really useful, we may also publish it on the forum, so that you have an insight on how content is written. I can't promise that though, it's only a thought.

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:36:46 am by 66destroyer3 »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Updates 26/10/2015
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 08:00:35 am »
first

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Estpure16

• Liked: 592 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:03:43 am »
What about GE?

Offline Ranger 0wns

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't let others set your limit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:05:38 am »
Thanks for the excellent updates Thomy!  I just came back after a few years of not playing and there are many new things to explore, I can't wait to get started.  I just used a membership ring for 30 days, we'll see how it goes! :)

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:23 am »
Nice updates/improvements, thanks!  :)
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:46 am »
What about GE?

Development of GE is still paused. Can't say when I resume working on it.

Offline Ciuschi

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
  • All hail THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:13:58 am »
Once again, i'm preparing to do something for weeks, and you came with an update that makes my time spent worthless  >:(

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 10:42:20 am »
Thanks thomy :)

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Mary

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 10:44:33 am »
Farming level will now affect how many herbs you will receive compared to the requirement level and your actual level. If you pick herbs at the herb required farming level you now get 3 herbs, up to 16 herbs if your farming level is 10 levels higher than the required level. Any extra levels will not affect the amount of herbs you will get.

You now get +6 extra levels from a fishing potion instead of 4.

Slayer tasks have been overhauled to better reflect the slayer master and the skill:
All dagannoths now count for a dagannoth slayer task, aswell as spectrals;
You can now also receive Chaos dwarves as a medium slayer task;
You can now receive gargoyles, skeletal wyverns and brutal green dragons from vannaka;
You can now receive 20 to 30 Brutal green dragons from vannaka;
You can now receive 10 to 20 Tormented demons from duradel;
You can now also receive Chronozon as a slayer task;
Basilisk can now only be received as a medium task;
Troll spectators, ice spiders and spiritual beings (GWD) have been removed from slayer tasks.

Before a couple tasks were more often assigned than other tasks, this has been adjusted to an equal chance to get any task on the list.

Wiki is updated. Can a mod add these changes to the update notes? Done by 66destroyer3.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:30:40 pm by Mary »

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 10:45:08 am »
work appreciated thomy, not the best update of them all, but you still put work in everything you do, so i respect it.
thanks.
'-'

Offline Angila Joli

• Liked: 371 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:44:46 am »
good job tnx!
"don't judge a book by its cover "

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:51:55 am »
Amazing improvements! Very nice update Good Job!

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 12:13:56 pm »
Amazing updates, Thomy!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 12:20:28 pm »
Great job Mary and Thomy!

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Wtf Bro Kid

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 12:44:09 pm »

You may be wondering why there's no other updates listed? I'm currently working on a scripting language, that will simplify the implementation of game interactions with npcs. When the system is finished, we'll be able to speed up the implementation of quests by a lot. I'm also working on a new tutorial, which will be written completely in the scripting language. I'd say we can call it emps script! :) When emps script turns out to be really useful, we may also publish it on the forum, so that you have an insight on how content is written. I can't promise that though, it's only a thought.

All the best,
Thomy

u forgot to give me credit because I was the one who told u to do it when we were talking in the sb >:(
Pages: 1 2