The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Updates 14/02/2015
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:00:58 am »
Hey guys,

I'm glad to announce that the hunter rework is coming with this update. We've also reset all levels above 70 to 70 because of massive xp gain bugs. In general hunting was visually improved. New experience rates have been added and some level requirements were changed. Please take a look at the hunter wiki entry: http://emps-world.net/wiki/Hunter.
Generally the levels <40 are a bit slower, but the curve of level requirement and experience is much smoother on higher levels >40, so getting 99 is not that frustrating!

Visual changes include birds and rabbits shown in their traps, amongst several other new hunter animations:

Other hunter changes:
  • You can no longer click on traps of other players. You see the traps but can't interact with them. There's still the limit of 1 trap per ground tile though.
  • Traps have a maximum life time of 10 minutes now. After a trap was inactive for 5 minutes it destroys itself. When the trap is destroyed it can be dismantled by any player. After 6 minutes of inactivity traps leave Emps-World for good.
  • Catching can now fail depending on your Hunter level. The higher your Hunter level is, the less chance you have on failing the catch. After a certain Hunter level (~20 levels difference) you won't fail anymore.
  • Butterfly catching is much smoother now, your character will automatically try to catch the butterfly again and follow it if you fail.
  • You will now get 1 chinchompa for every caught chinchompa.
  • Ferret, rabbit, and penguin pets are no longer tradable and have a fairly low chance on looting one of these pets while hunting the respective creatures.
  • You can find Hunter brawling gloves in the Castle wars shop now.

Another important change is to mention, that we've lowered the Defence bonus of every monster in the game (5-10% less). That means you should find yourself hitting a bit more often now. We've issued this change because of complaints that boss monsters were too strong. Please give us feedback on the new Defence levels of (mainly) bosses! Global monster respawn timers have been changed. Every monster respawns after being dead for 20 seconds. Also boss monsters! All hunter monsters are respawning every 8 seconds.

Most important bugfixes:
  • Dark wizards, Black knights and Zombies have proper drops now.
  • Dragon 2H is now properly notable again.
  • NPC range/magic attacks will be ignored if the player is out of range (e.g. when running away).
  • Ava's and Max cape will no longer 'dupe' arrows by throwing them on the ground and keeping them in your quiver at the same time.
  • Items that are obtained during an event will be dropped at the place you reappear if you cannot accept them due to a full inventory (Jad, Barrows, Mime event, etc).
  • Dragon staff is now one-handed.
  • Stacked items that are flagged as kept on death will now properly be dropped on the floor when you die (you keep 1 of it).
  • You can now also mine several rock outcrops in wilderness and the crafting guild.
  • Star sprites now properly despawn in 5 minutes after a shooting star has been mined.
  • You can no longer make objects disappear by creating a fire on them.

PS: I'd also like to share some GE progress with you. Please bear in mind that this isn't finished yet and that I had to stop development on it because of Hunter!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:35:17 am by Thomy »

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
Re: Updates 14/02/2015
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:37:42 am »
Loving the updates Thomy! Keep it up :)
Ex-Mod

#quit

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 06:38:30 am »
Thanks, Thomy! :D

GE looks nice so far. :)

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:19 am »
Nice updates and bugfixes! The GE teaser is amazing! Keep the updates coming Thomy! :)

Offline Rcmeet

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:29 am »
Thank you Thomy for this lovely update :)

Offline Phpkk

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 06:44:46 am »
Nice Update And Thank You Thomy! :)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:13 am »
Woooooooo!
Screw hunter, That ge makes me so very happy!

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 06:54:43 am »
Great job!
Can't wait for the Grand Exchange :)

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 07:08:01 am »
Hey guys,

I'm glad to announce that the hunter rework is coming with this update. We've also reset all levels above 70 to 70 because of massive xp gain bugs. In general hunting was visually improved. New experience rates have been added and some level requirements were changed. Please take a look at the hunter wiki entry: http://emps-world.net/wiki/Hunter.
Generally the levels <40 are a bit slower, but the curve of level requirement and experience is much smoother on higher levels >40, so getting 99 is not that frustrating!

Visual changes include birds and rabbits shown in their traps, amongst several other new hunter animations:

Other hunter changes:
  • You can no longer click on traps of other players. You see the traps but can't interact with them. There's still the limit of 1 trap per ground tile though.
  • Traps have a maximum life time of 10 minutes now. After a trap was inactive for 5 minutes it destroys itself. When the trap is destroyed it can be dismantled by any player. After 6 minutes of inactivity traps leave Emps-World for good.
  • Catching can now fail depending on your Hunter level. The higher your Hunter level is, the less chance you have on failing the catch. After a certain Hunter level (~20 levels difference) you won't fail anymore.
  • Butterfly catching is much smoother now, your character will automatically try to catch the butterfly again and follow it if you fail.
  • You will now get 1 chinchompa for every caught chinchompa.
  • Ferret, rabbit, and penguin pets are no longer tradable and have a fairly low chance on looting one of these pets while hunting the respective creatures.
  • You can find Hunter brawling gloves in the Castle wars shop now.

Another important change is to mention, that we've lowered the Defence bonus of every monster in the game (5-10% less). That means you should find yourself hitting a bit more often now. We've issued this change because of complaints that boss monsters were too strong. Please give us feedback on the new Defence levels of (mainly) bosses! Global monster respawn timers have been changed. Every monster respawns after being dead for 20 seconds. Also boss monsters! All hunter monsters are respawning every 8 seconds.

Most important bugfixes:
  • Dark wizards, Black knights and Zombies have proper drops now.
  • Dragon 2H is now properly notable again.
  • NPC range/magic attacks will be ignored if the player is out of range (e.g. when running away).
  • Ava's and Max cape will no longer 'dupe' arrows by throwing them on the ground and keeping them in your quiver at the same time.
  • Items that are obtained during an event will be dropped at the place you reappear if you cannot accept them due to a full inventory (Jad, Barrows, Mime event, etc).
  • Dragon staff is now one-handed.
  • Stacked items that are flagged as kept on death will now properly be dropped on the floor when you die (you keep 1 of it).
  • You can now also mine several rock outcrops in wilderness and the crafting guild.
  • Star sprites now properly despawn in 5 minutes after a shooting star has been mined.
  • You can no longer make objects disappear by creating a fire on them.

PS: I'd also like to share some GE progress with you. Please bear in mind that this isn't finished yet and that I had to stop development on it because of Hunter!

Do we set our own price for the items in GE?

Nice progress and thanks for the hunter update :3

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Mr Emche

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 07:10:00 am »

Offline Angila Joli

• Liked: 371 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 07:45:16 am »
good job  :)
"don't judge a book by its cover "

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 07:58:15 am »
HYPE TWO!

Great updates , Thomy ;D

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Crankshaft99

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 08:47:01 am »
Good work i love G.E, but huge -  for that big mistake with hunter...

Offline Sam

• Liked: 81 times
  • +0/-0
  • If it matters, I'd walk through hell for it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 09:28:08 am »
Great job Thomy! :)
Ex-Staff member

~Veteran Israeli

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 10:02:36 am »
Great job thomy and thanks for making the dragon staff one-handed ;)

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1 2