The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Re: Update October 6th - Glacors, Graphic Tweaks and Fixes!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 04:02:03 pm »
  • Using a grimy or clean herb on a Leprechaun now notes all herbs of the same type in your inventory.

Omg finally :'(

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »
Glacors - Steadfast, Glaiven and Ragefire Gloves.
Glacors can now be found in the Asgarnian dungeon (wyverns cave). They require level 92 Slayer to kill and drop new tier 80 equipment: Steadfast, Glaiven and Ragefire gloves, which have the best offensive bonuses in the game. Below's a picture of me fighting a Glacor with its companions:

Culinaromancer gloves have received slight adjustments (leather, bronze, ... dragon, barrow) with this patch too. These gloves are supposed to be used with all combat styles and their defensive bonuses have been adjusted accordingly. I've also identified that gloves are giving much more strength bonus compared to their boots counter parts. Thus, I've increased the strength bonus of following items:
  • Leather - mithril boots: +1 strength
  • Adamant boots: +2 strength
  • Rune boots: +3 strength (up from 2)
  • Dragon boots: +4 strength (up from 2)
  • Bandos, armadyl and battle robe boots: +5 strength (up from 3)
I'd rather have seen you even out str between boots and gloves but this shouldn't be too bad.

Dropping items now resets your current skilling action.
Rest in peace powertraining, you will be missed.

Guardian angel tickets and double xp scrolls can now be bought on ironman accounts from the Grand Exchange.
Easymanmode confirmed at this point.
;
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Meskin Boi

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 05:26:18 pm »
Very good updates!
One thing I would like is if you could give updates or status on Old School Emps just for us hopefuls. Besides that the game is looking great and looking forward to future updates!

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
  • Dropping items now resets your current skilling action.
What's the purpose of this?
I saw the Charr complain about it so I tested powerfishing manta rays and powermining rune essences before the update and now tested it after the update to see what the supposed difference is. It certainly makes powerfishing manta rays really annoying due to having to wait for full inventory before starting to drop the fish or else I'd be punishing myself having to restart fishing every few seconds.
Powermining rune essences doesn't really feel like there's much of a difference.

However if the supposed abuse this was meant to prevent was botting then wouldn't one just take the ghostmouse thing and just add a "click on the object", "wait 10-15 seconds" or "check the bottom of inventory for the items that are being collected" and then continue with the exact same bot? I mean if I was a botting person then that's how I'd do it, I can't imagine that someone, who is botting, wouldn't immediately think of the same solution.

So in the end this has no effect on bots (and I mean no effect, as a bot could probably drop whole inventory without losing precious ticks) and can be really annoying for those, who don't bot.

I now tried powermining coals as well to get an idea of what it feels like with things that only give resources once and I'd say that it's moderately annoying, worse than rune essences but only barely, but fishing high level fish is just horrible right now though.

If the update was meant to target people powermining rune essences by spam clicking the first inventory slot, then you could instead make the character stop mining rune essences after 28 rune essences and remove the drop cancel thing. That way people who are powermining and spamclick first inventory slot would still have to restart and no one else would be harmed by it.

Guardian angel tickets and double xp scrolls can now be bought on ironman accounts from the Grand Exchange.
What is this? Does that mean that they can trade them as well or only buy em on GE? Sounds good if it's GE only, but is it?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:45:21 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 07:09:42 pm »
Can't wait to see how nex pet will be looks like !!!!

Great updates!

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 08:36:26 pm »

Easymanmode confirmed at this point.

*ahem*

I'd say it is fairmanmode finally
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Jp, Drugs, Earl, Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 03:38:56 am »
haven't got them as a slayer task? Are they in the slayer task table? Since they require a slayer level.

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:11 am »
Please stop the nonsense... you are provoking people to reply such things. If you think that oldschool is the only way to attract players, fine you can think that, that's your opinion. However, please don't force everyone else to think that.

I disagree with you and most of the community does too.

I appreciate ur reply, and I appreciate ur opinion. I just was a one of ur players that said my opinion here, and this is my last and/or end response here, I hope the best of luck on this new-school and keep up the good work, Thomy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:47:48 am by Blake »
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 10:27:10 am »
haven't got them as a slayer task? Are they in the slayer task table? Since they require a slayer level.

Yeah, only Shenven assigns them though.

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »
Awesome.  :)

Offline Obby Forever

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 10:48:06 am »
Fools like you are the sole reason people started leaving in the first place :LUL:
Haha , enjoy the 50 players daily kid. And everything is true about what I've said above. Fools like you doesn't have any idea about rsps games, so keep calm and don't response ur shit talks.

Please stop the nonsense... you are provoking people to reply such things. If you think that oldschool is the only way to attract players, fine you can think that, that's your opinion. However, please don't force everyone else to think that.

That statement is rather weak. Obviously the community agrees with that but that's only because the community consists of people who were willing to deal with all these changes. The others quit - including myself. Basing your opinion on the fact that the community prefers new shit is just retarded, no offence. A lot of us check into Emps every now and again to see some changes related to this problem.
I'm not here to stir up any shit or whatever, but I've played/tried to play Emps during all its ups and downs. Even though I really dig the graphical changes and performance improvements - and let's not forget to say as a developer myself, I'm actually fairly impressed by what you've accomplished here - I still prefer the old feel of it all. I truly do believe you should focus on that old-school idea you've mentioned earlier. Even if it's not exactly the same as Emps used to be, I feel like it'll still generate far more players. There are still OSRS servers out there that have north of 500 players online at most times - do this with Emps, implement your own twist to it as Emps used to have, rather than the generic RSPS point of which.. You'll have a successful server just like it used to be back in the days.
Sincrely,
- Most of Emps-Scape players.

PS: Don't just think of my opinion as an individual one. I have been checking in on Emps once every few months since it re-released. I just never bothered to post my opinions. I can assure a lot of other people feel the same way.
The following users liked this post: Ranged Pkkkk

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:15 pm »
Fools like you are the sole reason people started leaving in the first place :LUL:
Haha , enjoy the 50 players daily kid. And everything is true about what I've said above. Fools like you doesn't have any idea about rsps games, so keep calm and don't response ur shit talks.

That statement is rather weak. Obviously the community agrees with that but that's only because the community consists of people who were willing to deal with all these changes. The others quit - including myself. Basing your opinion on the fact that the community prefers new shit is just retarded, no offence. A lot of us check into Emps every now and again to see some changes related to this problem.
I'm not here to stir up any shit or whatever, but I've played/tried to play Emps during all its ups and downs. Even though I really dig the graphical changes and performance improvements - and let's not forget to say as a developer myself, I'm actually fairly impressed by what you've accomplished here - I still prefer the old feel of it all. I truly do believe you should focus on that old-school idea you've mentioned earlier. Even if it's not exactly the same as Emps used to be, I feel like it'll still generate far more players. There are still OSRS servers out there that have north of 500 players online at most times - do this with Emps, implement your own twist to it as Emps used to have, rather than the generic RSPS point of which.. You'll have a successful server just like it used to be back in the days.
Sincrely,

PS: Don't just think of my opinion as an individual one. I have been checking in on Emps once every few months since it re-released. I just never bothered to post my opinions. I can assure a lot of other people feel the same way.

I really welcome such kind of feedback and really like to discuss it in detail. I know it may be really difficult, but please also try to think about this from my perspective of running an online game: The current game development is working out quite well. People are rejoining the game and we're breaking our maximum player counts pretty much every week (unique computers logged in). So obviously this combination of ads and updates is definitely a working management structure to ensure the future of Emps-world.

Releasing another version of the game, oldschool, isn't just eating up development time, but is also a really big risk that could as well just destroy the game completely. I've already mentioned before that a project like oldschool is huge and will eat up multiple months of development time. To be fair, development time that I really don't have right now. I've announced the oldschool project, but currently I cannot really give another statement on it. There's no real progress and I'm still looking into loading oldschool data in the game. It's probably easiest to have a client that can load both modes and plays in the same world. Also, why should I risk the healthiness of the entire game by just going after some hype? Just because a hand full of people are yelling about it? High risk and questionable reward isn't something I aim at a large and established gaming community.

High risk and questionable reward is a really strong argument to think this idea through and explore other possibilities that don't include writing a game that has already existed and been played before. And no, I cannot just run the old version of the game. Firstly I cannot go back in time that far and secondly it wouldn't fit anywhere in emps' infrastructure nor be anywhere close to the quality of content we have right now.
The following users liked this post: Mary

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 06:44:12 pm »
Sincrely,

Look at me I have five postcount and I speak for the ten trillion old emps players that would come back the second we have oldschool.
;
The following users liked this post: Themarfish

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »
One update (oldschool) won't make the server back to 500s players a day,
Great job Thomy, thank you for the update.
Pages: 1 2