The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Update October 6th - Glacors, Graphic Tweaks and Fixes!
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:58:51 am »
Hey guys,

I've got a few things ready for today, so please take your time and read through the patch notes. Some updates may be of special interest to you. Have fun killing Glacors! ;)

Glacors - Steadfast, Glaiven and Ragefire Gloves.
Glacors can now be found in the Asgarnian dungeon (wyverns cave). They require level 92 Slayer to kill and drop new tier 80 equipment: Steadfast, Glaiven and Ragefire gloves, which have the best offensive bonuses in the game. Below's a picture of me fighting a Glacor with its companions:

Culinaromancer gloves have received slight adjustments (leather, bronze, ... dragon, barrow) with this patch too. These gloves are supposed to be used with all combat styles and their defensive bonuses have been adjusted accordingly. I've also identified that gloves are giving much more strength bonus compared to their boots counter parts. Thus, I've increased the strength bonus of following items:
  • Leather - mithril boots: +1 strength
  • Adamant boots: +2 strength
  • Rune boots: +3 strength (up from 2)
  • Dragon boots: +4 strength (up from 2)
  • Bandos, armadyl and battle robe boots: +5 strength (up from 3)

Engine updates:
  • Improvements for textures with alpha values. Leaves of trees will look smoother now.
  • Support added to load custom model formats. This means that we can develop custom models with textures from now on.
  • Loading new areas has less impact on your fps rate now. Distant objects may fade in a little bit slower, but therefore your fps isn't dropping a lot anymore. You'll still feel short loading spikes, because I want to make sure the map is loaded fast enough in order to be able to immediately continue playing when new areas fade in.
  • Moving textures should no longer shortly show other textures (magic trees).
  • Crowded areas will now lag less. I've optimized the animation downgrading code and tweaked it when lots of players are around. This issue never existed, but since we've peaked at 128 players last Sunday... this was starting to get an issue. ;)
  • Dragging items will no longer trigger the move interface event. This was an issue when dragging items from the very top of your bank to the very bottom. The moving speed of items in the bank has also been increased.
  • Zoom in and out speed has been halved. This will help zooming with touchpads on laptops smoother and easier.
  • Improvements to the ground smoothening algorithm. Texture blending is now smoother and only at edges where it's really needed.
  • Click areas for large monsters have been increased.
  • Nex can no longer be hidden when standing on top of her. This will also apply for other bosses in the future.
  • HD floors have received further improvements. The game will now detect different ground types (snow, sand, grassland, mud, etc.) and mix textures accordingly. The ground quality settings have also slightly been reworked and can now be combined with HD water unless being on the lowest setting.

Game changes / fixes:
  • Online time on the account page has been fixed.
  • Corporeal beast 2nd form spawn location fixed.
  • Sigil drops are now broadcasted.
  • Smithing 1, 5 and 10 are now correctly working.
  • Monks of Zamorak can no longer be assigned as a Slayer task.
  • Using a grimy or clean herb on a Leprechaun now notes all herbs of the same type in your inventory.
  • Special attack regeneration rate adjusted. I've copied the values from the OSRS wiki. It now restores 5% every 15 seconds. You'll also no longer immediately regenerate special attack when logging in. I've found and fixed this bug with the adjustment.
  • Colored max capes have received the effect of max capes (accumulator, skillcape animation, description).
  • A bug was fixed where degrading items were resetting their charges upon every login.
  • Hit counters on players in wilderness are now cleared after 7 seconds out of being combat rather than 10. That should make sure that 'old' fights no longer have left-overs in 'new' fights.
  • Dropping items now resets your current skilling action.
  • Guardian angel tickets and double xp scrolls can now be bought on ironman accounts from the Grand Exchange.
  • Sacred clay equipment from the tutorial is now correctly equipped.
  • Scan clues now give directions when being far away from the spot.
  • Destroying clue scrolls now ensures that you get a new clue afterwards. Unless you're very unlucky and get the exact same clue again. Chances for that are 1 in the thousands though.
  • The visual combat level of Spectrals has been changed to 369. This changes nothing about their combat behavior, but marks them as stronger foes for people who haven't fought them yet.
  • Crystal shield is still being too strong compared to other shields. I don't want it to remove it from its spot of being a really good defensive shield and thus have given it negative accuracy bonuses (-7 for every combat style).

I've been quite busy in the past weeks with exams, so I wasn't able to get another update done in September! I can already spoil you with things that are planned for late October though. We'll be getting a Nex pet and a brand new boss with new weapons! ;)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:08:13 am by Thomy »

Offline Plasmus007

• Liked: 30 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hakuna matata
    • View Profile
Re: Update October 6th - Glacors, Graphic Tweaks and Fixes!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:16:30 am »
Amazing updates! thanks!
The following users liked this post: Lv Persavoz

Offline Tumemust

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Living young, wild & free!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:24:11 am »
Best update!  ;D

Offline Drakola6666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:24:31 am »
nice work ! I'm realy exited to continue playing iron man!

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:43:28 am »
I've been quite busy in the past weeks with exams, so I wasn't able to get another update done in September! I can already spoil you with things that are planned for late October though. We'll be getting a Nex pet and a brand new boss with new weapons! ;)
Nexterminator :pogchamp:
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Iron 69

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 09:00:47 am »
a bit busy posting a bug report about this,
if more than 2 people are attacking the same Glacor, then Glacor will stop attacking both players and keep switching targets without doing any attacks / dmg.

it takes less than 15 seconds killing one Glacor doing it this way ;)
add to that, you don't have to worry about eating at all.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, El Rey404

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:14:49 am »
Idk how you keep doing these performance updates though, do you just keep thinking of new ways to improve or do you already know what to do and have no time?
Seems nice that we still get performance updates after we have had so many, good job.

O and arma boots are now more viable that ranger boots, thanks didn't even have to suggest it.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:18:38 am »
Thanks a lot everyone! Patched Glacors a few times to make sure they're no longer buggy. ;)

Idk how you keep doing these performance updates though, do you just keep thinking of new ways to improve or do you already know what to do and have no time?
Seems nice that we still get performance updates after we have had so many, good job.

Lots of performance updates are needed to furtherly improve the graphics of the game. A good example is water reflections, which will definitely be part of one of the future updates and that'll drain some fps. So the better the base performance is, the more graphical improvements I can make. Aaaaand many people play on non-gaming PCs, they'll be happy the most about performance updates. :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:20:57 am by Thomy »

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 11:25:05 am »
Good updates, and you've a flawless work, Thomy.
All I can say that I am really feel sorry for your hard work on this new-school of Emps.

Oldschool graphics, npcs, items, anims, and gfx is the only reasons who can bring ur players back.

I know that you've putted a lot of work on this new-school.. But you've to figure a soultion of this...

All I can suggest is about to make two ways of play, Old-school DATA , and New-school DATA..

Players can switch one of them, if you gonna tell me there is a lot of features / updates on new-data that old school can't get it, then simple make 2 worlds, Emps-world + Emps-scape - Keep working on both of them and in the future you'll see that oldschool will easliy win and grow up!
For stupid replys, I'm not going to reply anyone, even Thomy. I wrote this to make u think and not to create more mistakes and work hard for nothing. Enjoy and good luck.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:14:37 pm »
Oldschool graphics, npcs, items, anims, and gfx is the only reasons who can bring ur players back.

Fools like you are the sole reason people started leaving in the first place :LUL:
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 12:23:11 pm »
Fools like you are the sole reason people started leaving in the first place :LUL:
Haha , enjoy the 50 players daily kid. And everything is true about what I've said above. Fools like you doesn't have any idea about rsps games, so keep calm and don't response ur shit talks.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 12:37:37 pm »
Haha , enjoy the 50 players daily kid. And everything is true about what I've said above. Fools like you doesn't have any idea about rsps games, so keep calm and don't response ur shit talks.

Please stop the nonsense... you are provoking people to reply such things. If you think that oldschool is the only way to attract players, fine you can think that, that's your opinion. However, please don't force everyone else to think that.

I disagree with you and most of the community does too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:33:04 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Hi Im Ethan, Themarfish

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 02:08:20 pm »

Actually we had around 130 last Sunday, so Thomy is doing a good job.
Eventho in the first few days of his announcement of releasing Emps-world Olds, I was so damn happy to see such thing happening
however thinking about it again, its something should never be a thing ( YES I SAID SOMETHING ELSE FEW MONTHS AGO I KNOW )
diving the community even more is not a smart thing to do,
thats like having 70 or 100 there and 30 here
yes with this we are having at least like 50 or 100 player back but that doesn't mean the current online players want to join there so we end up with 2 servers with around 70 online player each which means we didn't achieve anything.

it would be great to enjoy what we have instead of asking about the old days,
Yes it will bring back players, no we won't even feel that because it will be divided into 2 servers.

For stupid replys, I'm not going to reply anyone, even Thomy. I wrote this to make u think and not to create more mistakes and work hard for nothing. Enjoy and good luck.
Hopefully you won't forget about this part.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 02:44:32 pm »
Did an elite clue scroll earlier and the directions it gave you were good. It tells you if the spot is north, north-east etc... that's really handy.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Iownu5xbetr

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 03:10:52 pm »
Thanks for the update Thomy.

Will the new boss need a minimum of 3 to 4 players to defeat it? I'm not gonna lie, haven't had any luck on nex ever since it was implemented. I'm more of a solo player though, I usually go bossing on my own.
Pages: 1 2