The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamorakian Hasta
« on: March 13, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
I probably spent way too much time on this, but since this seems to have been a notable suggestion for awhile now with not enough elaboration, I thought I'd give it a go. If this gets negative feedback, then I think its safe to say that we can wave goodbye to the chances of ever seeing an Zamorakian Hasta.

The concept I think is pretty neat. I've never played OSRS so I have no experience with how powerful the Hasta is. From reading the stats and that there are no penalties for converting it, however, I think it's safe to assume that the Hasta is quite powerful.

The one problem that seems to reoccur with the suggestions towards a Zamorakian Hasta is purely allowing us to convert the weapon to a one-handed form with no penalties to opening up the Shield Slot. This is how it works in OSRS, sure, but to elaborate on this:

Elemental Whip:
Attack Bonus: 100.
Strength Bonus: 91.
The Elemental Whips are currently what most people consider to be the strongest one-handed weapon, give or take. Not referring to special attacks, just pure damage output.

Zamorakian Hasta (With no Penalties):
Attack Bonus: 150.
Strength Bonus: 149.
Seems a bit overpowered for a one-handed weapon, wouldn't you say? Toss on the Arcane Spirit Shield's strong Attack and Strength Bonuses and you have yourself an incredibly powerful weapon with access to Defense Bonuses.

There's no negatives to it. Just slapping on a shield with those stats makes it quite OP. Considering the bonuses that you do get from these shields, this would make a Zamorakian Hasta outclass basically every two-handed weapon on stats alone. No good. These suggestions lack stats, which for something like this plays a big role IMO.

Ideally, if a Zamorakian Hasta were to exist, it needs to be balanced accordingly. It should be something that out-classes the Dragon Hasta while being comparable to the other Tier-80 Weapons (For this argument, Elemental Whips), but still be out-classed by the Zamorakian Spear.

To get my "Ideal Stats," I'm going to take the average of the Dragon Hasta and the Zamorakian Spear and compare them to that of an Elemental Whip. I'm going to mainly focus on Attack Bonus and Strength Bonus, but I'm also going to mention Attack Speed:

Attack Bonus: (150 + 87)/2 = 118.5, rounding down to 118.
Strength Bonus: (149 + 79)/2 = 114.
Attack Speed: Something in between the two would be the most viable choice. This sort of goes against the norm of hastas, but for the sake of making it balanced would make more sense IMO.

Only by the average, these stats are still a bit high, so I'll toss in some lowered stats:
Attack:
118 x 0.95 = 112.1, rounding down to 112.
118 x 0.9 = 106.2, rounding down to 106.
Giving the Hasta a range of 106-112 makes it noteworthy, comparable to the accuracy bonus of the Elemental Whip at 100. With Arcane, this gives the Hasta roughly 121-127 Attack Bonus, compared to 115.
Strength:
114 x 0.95 = 108.3, rounding down to 108.
114 x 0.9 = 102.6, rounding down to 102.
114 x 0.85 = 96.9, rounding down to 96.
The original range of 102-108, however, feels a bit too powerful. 96-102 Strength Bonus seems more comparable to the Elemental Whip's 91. With Arcane, this gives the Hasta roughly 106-112 Strength Bonus, compared to 101.

This would give us a weapon that is statistically superior to the Elemental Whip in Attack and Strength, but by averaging the Attack Speeds, notably slower. Maximum Damage Output vs. DPS. But it still floods Melee with more weapons that we might not need, which is something that could draw concern. I'll also bring up Korasi, which tends to be forgotten about in the tier-80 category, which might get outshined by this in almost every way.

As far as obtaining a Zamorakian Hasta, it should be through some sort of Conversion Kit like usual. Degradable can be debated, but making it untradable in this state, dropped as the Conversion Kit upon death, would be ideal. Potentially sinks Zamorakian Spears, win-win.

My original thoughts on obtaining the Conversion Kit were through K'ril Tsutsaroth, but I don't think we need to flood his Droptable with more drops. Perhaps keeping it with who you get the Zamorakian Spears in the first place would make sense.

Mithril Dragons have two Very Rare drops: The Zamorakian Spear at 1/200, and the Visage at 1/1000. Perhaps sticking the Conversion Kit in there at 1/500 would work? Just some food for thought.

That's all I got on it though. I tried to elaborate as much as I could, but I'd love to hear what you think.
The following users liked this post: Smd Bkz

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Zamorakian Hasta
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:15 pm »
Would it still be hitting higher on larger monsters?
If so it will render current 1-handed weapons useless against monsters bigger than 1 slot. It would have higher dps than elemental whip, which costs 2m (5-6m) + crystal (currently 60m-ish).
If we did not spare the effect, it would be useless as can be seen from korasi. It too is stronger than a whip and only slightly slower (also with quite strong special), but it's not used at all.

I still believe that we do not need this item and due to these points above, I'm saying no to your idea.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:28 pm »
>Hasta has same speed + stats as zs but one-handed = completely outclass zs
>Hasta has whip speed + reduced stats = either completely outclass ele whip OR completely useless (unless it's a lot cheaper to use than ele whip)
>Hasta has speed inbetween zs/whip + stats a bit higher than ele whip = completely useless (it will be lower dps so no one uses as main damage dealing weapon AND it will not be as strong as normal zs so no one uses it as KO weapon)

I think the best solution is:
>Hasta has same speed as zs + a bit lower stats than zs when combined with arcane (It's probably better to decrease the accuracy more than the strength; e.g. hasta+arcane has 10-15 less strength than zs and ~30 less accuracy)

Right now there is no strong one handed weapon that functions as a KO weapon like the zs does. This item could fill this gap, it will still be outclassed by the zs when purely focussing on its KO potential but you will be tankier because of the shield.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »
Kudos for not sucking at making suggestions.

The drop in speed and raw stats gives it drawbacks compared to using elemental whip. The 106, 96 version sounds the most appealing to me.

>Hasta has same speed as zs + a bit lower stats than zs when combined with arcane (It's probably better to decrease the accuracy more than the strength; e.g. hasta+arcane has 10-15 less strength than zs and ~30 less accuracy)
^
;
The following users liked this post: Big Chris, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 06:52:06 pm »
I hasta agree with you.

:kappa:

I did read the suggestion, I think the conversion kit is a good idea.

All in all I r8 9/7.

P.s: I only wanted to comment for the pun, but thought I'd add a little more. :doge:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:54:46 pm by Deandam7 »
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Chris, Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:40:18 pm »
Very nice suggestion well put out and thought about, I like the idea of the conversion kit, I also agree with charr in that the 106, 96 version looks good, we don't really need any more OP weapons but this I can agree with
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 09:15:28 pm »
I disagree with whole Zamorakian Hasta idea.
We have Elemental Whips, Korasi, which are more than enough, for sufficient melee combat.
Unnecessary item.

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »
I disagree with whole Zamorakian Hasta idea.
We have Elemental Whips, Korasi, which are more than enough, for sufficient melee combat.
Unnecessary item.
This ^

It has been suggested over 10 times now.....

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 01:43:27 pm »
Would it still be hitting higher on larger monsters?
If so it will render current 1-handed weapons useless against monsters bigger than 1 slot. It would have higher dps than elemental whip, which costs 2m (5-6m) + crystal (currently 60m-ish).
If we did not spare the effect, it would be useless as can be seen from korasi. It too is stronger than a whip and only slightly slower (also with quite strong special), but it's not used at all.
I'd say no. Either completely lost or toned down significantly. The scaling is something that is unique to two-handed weapons like the ZS/Angers because they lack the ability to be weilded with a shield. That's something to consider though.

>Hasta has same speed + stats as zs but one-handed = completely outclass zs
>Hasta has whip speed + reduced stats = either completely outclass ele whip OR completely useless (unless it's a lot cheaper to use than ele whip)
>Hasta has speed inbetween zs/whip + stats a bit higher than ele whip = completely useless (it will be lower dps so no one uses as main damage dealing weapon AND it will not be as strong as normal zs so no one uses it as KO weapon)

Right now there is no strong one handed weapon that functions as a KO weapon like the zs does. This item could fill this gap, it will still be outclassed by the zs when purely focussing on its KO potential but you will be tankier because of the shield.
Thanks for your input. Those stats sound interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing it like that either. Didn't want to try to necessarily hammer down any final stats because I'm not as familiar with weapons in PvP that much.

we don't really need any more OP weapons but this I can agree with
That was my goal, more or less. The problem with the generic suggestions was that they'd make the Hasta OP due to no stat loss. Unless the Hasta, compared to the Spear, gets any notable stat loss, then it's by all means OP. That's what I wanted to avoid.

I hasta agree with you.

:kappa:

I did read the suggestion, I think the conversion kit is a good idea.

All in all I r8 9/7.

P.s: I only wanted to comment for the pun, but thought I'd add a little more. :doge:
If it wasn't for your added feedback, I'd hate you so much right now. ::)
The following users liked this post: Deandam7
Pages: 1