The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline A1r

• Liked: 56 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
world events
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:50:44 am »
ok I'm really high right now so bare with me, but I was thinking something that could really make the game more fun is if we added some type of unique back story into  the game. kinda like how runescape did those world events where the gods went to war and some of them died ect. I'm not really good at a story telling so I cant really suggest a story line but I think some thing along the lines of what rs did with those world events would be cool content to have.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: world events
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:49:37 am »
I've thought about writing something, but it's not that easy to directly implement it into the game. Quests would help a lot, but we have to wait until Emps-Script is completely finished.

If it's only written in wiki, it will achieve nothing, since the average player doesn't even visit wiki. If a portion of our players can't even understand the simplest of English, how would you make them interested and able to read such fiction? We just don't have enough audience for it to pay off.

Also the question is if we're going to use RS lore or should we go for something unique. If it's the latter, it will not be that easy to do.

Fan fiction is probably the best way to start at the moment. That way we could see how many players are actually interested in it etc.
It's unlikely to happen though, since I'm not seeing many players who are up to the task and have the time and motivation to actually achieve something.
The following users liked this post: A1r

Offline A1r

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 08:54:34 am »
I've thought about writing something, but it's not that easy to directly implement it into the game. Quests would help a lot, but we have to wait until Emps-Script is completely finished.

If it's only written in wiki, it will achieve nothing, since the average player doesn't even visit wiki. If a portion of our players can't even understand the simplest of English, how would you make them interested and able to read such fiction? We just don't have enough audience for it to pay off.

Also the question is if we're going to use RS lore or should we go for something unique. If it's the latter, it will not be that easy to do.

Fan fiction is probably the best way to start at the moment. That way we could see how many players are actually interested in it etc.
It's unlikely to happen though, since I'm not seeing many players who are up to the task and have the time and motivation to actually achieve something.

yeah I see what you mean, also I never really thought about how hard it would be. I guess more quests would be the way to go.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »
Lore is generally not cared for very much by all that many people. Considering a major amount of our community is physically unable to look at the forums, I don't think it's worth the time to write a proper backstory.

We could have events like these, but the story for them should be rather short.
;
The following users liked this post: A1r

Offline A1r

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 07:55:31 am »
i agree I don't think it should be as long as rs did theirs but even something for a week or so would be lots of fun.

Offline A1r

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 07:58:04 am »
we could also have like an event before a big release (like a skill or something) do kinda introduce new items or areas would be a nice way to go about it and make it short.
Pages: 1