The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Helmaos

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Wishing Well
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:06:40 pm »
Hi!

I'm suggesting the addition of a wishing well to Emps-World.
This well could be used to help lower the amount of items/gp in the economy by putting them towards a double exp boost for the whole server for a small time limit, for example; when there has been 100million worth of items/gp donated to the well a few hours of double exp for the whole server to enjoy.

just a small way of trying to clean the economy and rewarding people for pitching in.
Thoughts?
The following users liked this post: Ironsuomi, Alkerss

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Wishing Well
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »
I like the idea a lot, but the elaboration if the idea can be done better. Would be nice to see some sort of a special event when a certain amount of items has been thrown in the well. Or an option gives to every online player at that moment to choose some sort of special event.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Wishing Well
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 04:51:40 pm »
Still no, Charr.

Although I would say that when the subject has been discussed in the past, Thomy has said that he doesn't think that there's a problem with an oversupply of items in the economy.
If you want to help with this then you should try to make the case for why it's a problem.

The reason I'd still be against this specific way of solving the issue, is because people would only donate junk to it. Having a huge supply of junk items in the economy doesn't hurt anyone, so reducing the supply of those junk items wouldn't help anyone either.
What we need is to reduce the supply of items that people are actually interested in, so that there would be a reason to put effort into trying to get those items. Charr's solution to that was to have a whitelist of which items can be donated, which at best would lead into a staff controlled economy and that's not desirable either.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:00:41 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Il Skill L, Hi Im Ethan, Jhonson, Ironsuomi
Pages: 1