The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Wilderness mid level boss
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:47:54 pm »
Boss would be located at Wilderness. It's called Warped Gulega.

In my opinion it should be located at fairly safe'ish location at around 25 - 30 wilderness so you can escape because it's kind of frustrating for a boss to be at high risk and hard to escape area.
Warped Gulega could also share drops between 3 people like our current bosses do.
I suggest somewhere north of Corp cave and north of Green Dragons at around level 28 - 30 wilderness.

Warped Gulega wouldn't be hard to kill at all and instead should be made between Chaos Elemental and Wildywyrm strength wise. Only mechanic it would have is a tendril attack.
It will spawns tendrils from the ground attacking nearby players. This can be dodged by moving and if it hits maybe it could do some damage and bind the player for a brief moment.
As its main attacks it would use magic and melee.

Warped Gulega would have 2 main drops which are zaryte bow and tier 70 defender. (Miniscule version of Warped Gulega pet as an extra?)
Other drops would be something like fury sharks, higher level runes and other supplies, money, maybe ancient statue which is worth 10m right now I believe.

"Guiding light" drop table idea:

Tier 70 defender would be fairly straight forward. It's stronger than dragon defender offering higher offensive bonus while offering zero defensive bonus. It would not degrade when you use it.
Defenders are usually untradeable but maybe Warped Gulega would drop an item which you use to dragon defender to make it tier 70? This item would be tradeable but the defender would not.

Zaryte bow would be tier 75 bow that uses no ammo. It degrades but it can be fixed with coins. As its niche/special effect maybe it could fire 2 arrows? It'd be faster than dark bow.
If you have any other suggestions for its niche effect be sure to post your idea.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:22:08 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Drugs, Jhonson, Iron 69, Rotanas, Darker Manz, Loop, Antebellum

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Wilderness mid level boss
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 06:45:29 pm »
How about that Pheonix Bird idea to put it near Scorpion's Pit in Dungeon in Deep Wildy to drop something new(not from RS3) along with pheonix feathers as common drop which could be utilized in, let's say, fly fishing(95 fishing, very slow catch rate) fury sharks? Can't remember who suggested it before but I would be interested to see more unique content rather than usual RS3 copy-paste monster along with RS3 items. Demons and their unique weaponry had great success, for example. Let's stick with Emps behind topic not with RS3 content...

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 06:58:30 pm »
put it near Scorpion's Pit in Dungeon in Deep Wildy
Because of this:
because it's kind of frustrating for a boss to be at high risk and hard to escape area.
It's very frustrating for a boss to exist in somewhere deep wilderness where it's hard to escape, that would just kill the boss instantly. Goal here is not to make a "hard" boss. We could place demon bosses in wilderness and absolutely nobody would kill it.
Placing it deep would just add unnecessary annoyance factor.

Let's stick with Emps behind topic not with RS3 content...
Everything I suggested here existed before Runescape 3... besides the defender. It would be a custom item and not a rip-off from Runescape 3 because it doesn't exist in Emps.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:00:08 pm by Jp »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:27 pm »
How about that Pheonix Bird idea to put it near Scorpion's Pit in Dungeon in Deep Wildy to drop something new(not from RS3) along with pheonix feathers as common drop which could be utilized in, let's say, fly fishing(95 fishing, very slow catch rate) fury sharks? Can't remember who suggested it before but I would be interested to see more unique content rather than usual RS3 copy-paste monster along with RS3 items. Demons and their unique weaponry had great success, for example. Let's stick with Emps behind topic not with RS3 content...

Everything is copy pasted from RS, unless somebody wants to start making custom models for the game. And I'm just going to assume that if that ever happens, the same retards complaining about ''copy pasted'' content will complain that the custom things aren't ''oldschool'' enough.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 09:02:35 pm »

Everything is copy pasted from RS, unless somebody wants to start making custom models for the game. And I'm just going to assume that if that ever happens, the same retards complaining about ''copy pasted'' content will complain that the custom things aren't ''oldschool'' enough.
Considering how everything is now, Oldschool still has more variety in almost anything but mix of HD graphics and  some other details from OSRS makes this place still playable.
On topic: I suppose Boss could be good but what about Kolodion then? It's also quite easy boss even for low levels. Only downside for players may be - it can spawn in deep as well. Like old expression says, you never know till you try. I could be just as wrong.

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:56:42 pm »
I really like the idea of a new boss which isn't that hard to kill but is located in wilderness which brings some risk if you want to go killing it. I especially like the idea of the tier 70 defender. The defender itself has to be untradeable but the item you have to use on dragon defender to make tier 70 defender, has to be tradeable. Dragon defender has become a little bit useless (unless on slayer tasks where the monsters can't hit through prayer), so making a "better defender" wouldn't be a bad idea.

About the bow, would it be better than saradomin/zamorak bow or weaker?
Pages: 1