The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
Weekly Exp competition
« on: July 07, 2017, 04:45:14 am »
Basically for the big boys in our community(And for the little league iron men plebs as well), any player who gains the most Exp from the start until the end of the week gets a reward. As well as 2nd and 3rd. This can be automated or done manually, could also be tracked via the high scores which would be convenient.

Plz constructive feedback ty.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Exp competition
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 08:05:46 am »
What should the rewards be in your opinion?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:46:37 am »
Clear disadvantage for those that already have 250m in certain skills. Would be easy to win by just creating a new account and going for 250m magic. Skill exp rates vary too much for this to be very good. You could do it per skill, but that might cause issues with reward and would still shut out those with 250m. I get that not everyone has 250m in a bunch of skills, but given that this encourages gaining more exp I do think it would become more of an issue.

Wish you'd have included rewards.
;

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:59:59 am »
Clear disadvantage for those that already have 250m in certain skills. Would be easy to win by just creating a new account and going for 250m magic. Skill exp rates vary too much for this to be very good. You could do it per skill, but that might cause issues with reward and would still shut out those with 250m. I get that not everyone has 250m in a bunch of skills, but given that this encourages gaining more exp I do think it would become more of an issue.

If this is a weekly thing you have to assume the rewards are not going to be something out of this world, who would spend the money for 250m magic exp for a reward of 10 event points

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Someone12116, Str8att7, Jandar

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 11:52:59 am »
If this is a weekly thing you have to assume the rewards are not going to be something out of this world, who would spend the money for 250m magic exp for a reward of 10 event points
Which is why I would've wanted some suggested rewards in the original post. If the reward is lackluster it's not really worth developing, it'd be really difficult to balance the reward in general. 250m mage is really not all that expensive if you just look at the cost for casting spells. Of course you could also just go for melee for free.
;

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »
Just display a daily xp leader somewhere in the game, no reward other than everyone else seeing your name and knowing that they are inferior to you.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Jandar

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 12:29:13 pm »
Just display a daily xp leader somewhere in the game, no reward other than everyone else seeing your name and knowing that they are inferior to you.
Better.
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »
I'd suggest +5 days of membership for a weekly reward. It's not something people would start "cheating" for yet it's something actually useful. Also it wouldn't really hurt member tickets price.

I also like Tulraks idea.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:41:27 pm »
What should the rewards be in your opinion?

Purposefully left it entirely up for discussion ;D

I'd suggest +5 days of membership for a weekly reward. It's not something people would start "cheating" for yet it's something actually useful. Also it wouldn't really hurt member tickets price.

I also like Tulraks idea.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »
You guys gotta work on your ambitions if all you want is to feel superior over 10-year-old stakers who don't even give a crap about XP :LUL:
The following users liked this post: Charr, Tulrak, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »
Instead I would like to see daily, weekly and monthly XP tracker for all skills and overall XP with no rewards whatsoever.
You could compete and host skilling events to see who got the most gainz with them far more easy and it would be a nice addition anyway.
Would also contain all time record for each skill as well perhaps? That would be so nice to see :D

You can see examples of that by googling Crystal math labs. That's a 3rd party website which offers daily, weekly and monthly XP tracking for both oldschool and runescape 3.
Runescape 3 has its own app that offers monthly XP tracking. For example: https://apps.runescape.com/runemetrics/app/xp-monthly/player/Taikaponi/16,-1,18
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:33:28 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 05:32:01 am »

This would make newcomers to get the grinding on(doubt they would quit so quickly then) as well - seeing as how badly they want membership to try out for than just 10 days right after making account. Paying the price nowadays for membership tickets with their interest in game is just not seem to go too well. I like this idea the most.
Pages: 1