The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Untradables and death
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:06 am »
It's been a while since this update, but if you missed it; untradable items are now turned into cash that is dropped for whoever kills you in PvP. I think that kind of conflicts with the reason that void, defenders and torso were made tradable. I've seen plenty of people complain about both updates, so I thought I'd make a suggestion.

First up, defenders, torso, void and any other untradable items that were made tradable with the initial change are to be made untradable again. It's quite apparent that the warrior's guild has become dead content due to defenders being tradable, and pest control's activity does suffer from void being tradable.

Now for the actual suggestion; all untradable items lost on death in PvP are put in a shop of some sort where you could buy them back. For that we could use the grim reaper as an npc, put him in a small room and have a portal that teleports to that room somewhere in Edgeville. I've already found a room that could be used, it just needs a few small modifications and we'd be a good to go. It's at 2840 4317. The soul wars portal could be used as a means of going there too. It could also be put in the basement under Kolodion's house, but I'm not too sure about that since the trapdoor seems to have been removed.

If you were to die and lose an untradable item that same item would be put in the shop. You could then buy it back for cash, the amount would vary per item but overall it would at least be the same amount of cash that the person that killed you got for the item. It should be an alternative to just getting the untradable item again, it shouldn't force people to pay cash. Void specifically should be at least a few mil to buy back, rest could be cheaper. Untradable items that are from shops wouldn't need to be in the shop, but it wouldn't do any harm.

That's all.
;

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
Re: Untradables and death
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:24 am »
Totally agree, this would bring life to mini-games.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:56:13 am »
They should be made untradable again imo, however I wouldn't like the shop at all.
I'd rather see the items leave the game entirely.

Warriors' guild and PC would benefit more from item sinks than a cash sink.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 12:06:38 pm »
Seems pretty pointless to me. You gotta ask yourself if it is even a bad thing if the minigames are dead. IMO not since the gameplay is dull as all hell and I wouldn't even want to play them. Then there's the fact that osrs allows people to pick up untradeables on death below level 20 wilderness. Why would I want to put in the extra effort to get those items back in Emps when there might not even be PKers of my level in the whole wilderness?
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 12:49:14 pm »
Then there's the fact that osrs allows people to pick up untradeables on death below level 20 wilderness. Why would I want to put in the extra effort to get those items back in Emps when there might not even be PKers of my level in the whole wilderness?
Actually OSRS has something kind of similar. http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death#Untradeable_items
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 12:59:14 pm »
Then there's the fact that osrs allows people to pick up untradeables on death below level 20 wilderness. Why would I want to put in the extra effort to get those items back in Emps when there might not even be PKers of my level in the whole wilderness?
Actually OSRS has something kind of similar. http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death#Untradeable_items

The repair costs are the level of Rune platebodies, a.k.a. insignificant.

Besides, the items in Emps are already being sinked, which would suggest that people have played the minigames ''too much'' and thus are unable to sell their shit because there is absolutely no demand for the items to begin with.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 01:06:20 pm »

Besides, the items in Emps are already being sinked, which would suggest that people have played the minigames ''too much'' and thus are unable to sell their shit because there is absolutely no demand for the items to begin with.
Numbers can be changed to be more fitting.

Void, defenders and torsos aren't sinked and are the only untradable items that were made tradable. They wouldn't be able to sell other shit.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 01:19:14 pm »

Numbers can be changed to be more fitting.

Void, defenders and torsos aren't sinked and are the only untradable items that were made tradable. They wouldn't be able to sell other shit.

I'll also add that untradeables are kept on PvM deaths and you have 1 hour to pick all your items up. Emps is an harder game by a mile in that aspect I honestly wouldn't mind that being changed to a less punishing system for new players if we ever actually want to gain players.
The following users liked this post: Str8att7

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:34:33 pm »
So why are you suggesting this shop instead of a certain sink?
We don't really want to sink their cash, since they use it to buy supplies such as potions. You know very well potion market etc is in quite a bad state.

Also with your shop suggestion, you would be decreasing the winner's gains. If the items were to be made untradable, they would get atleast some alch money, which could be invested in other supplies.

Players would actually have to go to warriors' guild to get their defenders etc back (once they've run out of the stocked ones).

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 01:41:54 pm »
So why are you suggesting this shop instead of a certain sink?

Is it new of Charr to suggest sinks that people with 99% of the money in the game would never use anyway?

You cant sink items on death when there aren't people playing the game and you cant expect people to play when there isn't worthwhile content to play.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:44:22 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 02:48:11 pm »
They should be made untradable again imo, however I wouldn't like the shop at all.
I'd rather see the items leave the game entirely.

Warriors' guild and PC would benefit more from item sinks than a cash sink.

I totally agree that untradeable items should be made untradeable again, so it would force people to go PC and get that void again.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 04:38:28 pm »
I respectfully DISAGREE with you, in this way you will bring back mini games and kill PKing.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 04:39:52 pm »
I respectfully DISAGREE with you, in this way you will bring back mini games and kill PKing.
How on planet earth would it kill pking? Wouldn't this be a good thing for pking since people can use stuff like ring of vigour without having to get new ones from pest control again?
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:28 pm »
First up, defenders, torso, void and any other untradable items that were made tradable with the initial change are to be made untradable again. It's quite apparent that the warrior's guild has become dead content due to defenders being tradable, and pest control's activity does suffer from void being tradable.
And you gave me so much shit for saying that making void tradeable was a mistake ._.

Few mils for void seems a little too low tho, every1 could find that kind of money instead of playing the minigame again.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »
I disagree.
Want something like in OSRS, go play it. Emps was made to be unique smh. Simple as that.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf
Pages: 1 2