The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Tweaked version of double exp weekends
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:48:05 pm »
How about instead of previous "double exp only on the weekends", we could have 5-10 hours of free double experience that we could use anytime we want? They way it'd be obtained:

During the weekend, Matt (the task-man) will offer you a random level 50-tier task for the entire server (which means that the entire server gets the same task) from one of these skills:

- Fletching
- Herblore
- Prayer
- Smithing
- Cooking
- Firemaking
- Crafting

Basically all the skills that require some supplies to train (Buyables). They'd be twice as long as the regular tasks and will always reward you 2 ep (will give you x+2 points on consecutive tasks). Also, Matt will give you a voucher to claim your double exp. Use it on Thomy NPC found at barbarian village and you'll get 5-10 hours of double experience. To avoid people stacking the double experience, after using a ticket on Thomy there'd be a 5 day cooldown period before you could use another. After the weekend, the task disappears until the next weekend arrives with a new task.

Pros:

- An alternative to double experience weekends
- Puts ironmen who don't have the main for double exp scrolls into less of a disadvantage
- Will make some supplies in demand again
- More flexible if compared to double exp weekends

Cons:

- Might devalue double exp scroll only ironmen
- Could potentially upset maxed players

Some things can be tweaked like the double experience you get or the way it's received.

Opinions?

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaked version of double exp weekends
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »
As far as my understanding goes the only benefit of the whole double exp weekends idea is to get as many players as possible to log in at once and through that to portray our server in a better shape than it actually is. Stretching it across 5 days is going to lose this effect and eventually just make it even easier to obtain double exp than it currently is set to be.

Pros:

- Puts ironmen who don't have the main for double exp scrolls into less of a disadvantage
- i personally would rather see no double exp weekends at all(maybe on very special occasions like emps' birthday).
- Ironmen are not in any sort of disadvantage as double exp scrolls can be donated for and also traded... + ironman mode is suppose to be the "more hardcore" version..
- i doubt there will be any more demand simply because double exp was already easy enough to obtain
- more flexible is not necessarily a good thing

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »
As far as my understanding goes the only benefit of the whole double exp weekends idea is to get as many players as possible to log in at once and through that to portray our server in a better shape than it actually is. Stretching it across 5 days is going to lose this effect and eventually just make it even easier to obtain double exp than it currently is set to be.

Pros:

- i personally would rather see no double exp weekends at all(maybe on very special occasions like emps' birthday).
- Ironmen are not in any sort of disadvantage as double exp scrolls can be donated for and also traded... + ironman mode is suppose to be the "more hardcore" version..
- i doubt there will be any more demand simply because double exp was already easy enough to obtain

From my understanding the double exp weekends were removed just because it made players only play at weekends, so that's what my suggestion is all about. But thanks for the feedback.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:08:10 pm »

Pros:

The current dxp system only motivates the rich ppl to skill. Not only are skills completely useless, it's also expensive af to have constant dxp running. Skilling without dxp is completely useless which makes the demand for supplies nonexistent, which once again hinders the money making methods for casual players.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:58:28 pm »
The current dxp system only motivates the rich ppl to skill. Not only are skills completely useless, it's also expensive af to have constant dxp running. Skilling without dxp is completely useless which makes the demand for supplies nonexistent, which once again hinders the money making methods for casual players.
I believe your logic to be a little bit crooked.
If you're skilling with double exp scroll then in fact you are using 2 times less supplies which makes the market for supplies nonexistent. If you need double exp weekends for skilling to have "a purpose" then we might as well double the exp rates in general?
And double exp scrolls are really not that expensive. I bought 10 hours worth of double exp scrolls for under 30m, which is not that crazy amount for basically a full day of double exp rates(specially compared to the amount of money you save from supplies).

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Skymaster100, Blakpn0y

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:36:05 pm »
Another idea would be "dxp highlights". What that basically means is that we would be able to host dxp weekends (or days i.e saturday/sunday) more frequently because there would only be a couple of (random) skills that gain double xp. Maybe like 2 - 3 skills at once.
Skills can also be put into categories which are artisan's, gatherer's, support and combat. These could also be used as like once a month thing and whatever category is in spotlight gets double xp.
  • Artisan's (cooking, construction, crafting, firemaking, fletching, herblore, runecrafting and smithing)
  • Gatherer's (farming, fishing, hunter, mining and woodcutting)
  • Support (agility, slayer and thieving)
  • Combat (attack, hitpoints, defence, magic, prayer, ranged and strength)
Pages: 1