The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Pr0skillz

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
This is what matters...
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:28:36 am »

Anyways, I'd just like to ask if its possible to make Emps-World client more responsive. As you can see it in the video, moving your mouse fast to some point that actually should be clickable you would just miss it and create a yellow x-symbol. I personally would like to see the improvement in the game and because of that, I just misclick a lot of things and end up running around more than I should.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: This is what matters...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:34 am »
Rather than moving your mouse over something in an attempt to click it I think you'll generally find yourself having an easier time if you keep your mouse on top of something if you want to click it. That way you don't set yourself up to potentially missclick due to latency.
;

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:57:40 am »
I'll see what I can do. The object picking code is limited, because it's a hard hit on the client's overall performance.

I've uploaded a patch where it checks for intersections every 2nd frame instead of 20 times per second. This means that it'll check it 30 times now if your fps is 60. Scaling upwards to whatever maximum fps you have. :)

Let me know if this feels better? It did during my tests on both my laptop (30 fps) and desktop computer (100+ fps).
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Pr0skillz

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 10:47:00 am »
Oh my god, it feels perfect now!  8) 8) 8)
Thanks, Thomy  ;) ;)
The following users liked this post: Thomy
Pages: 1