The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
Thieving Tweaks / Client
« on: January 01, 2016, 02:57:55 pm »
Hey Guys,
I noticed something pretty cool to offer in both fields I mentioned in title. First, goes Thieving.

Thieving Tweaks

So, having 80+ is useless, pretty much, unless more successful pickpockets from master farmers, but even that doesn't bring up more profit. Seeing as it is member skill, why not adding something more to it? Having PP(Pyramid Plunder) or something like that, is too much work, let's say, why not changing Pollnivneach Villagers to 85 or 90 thieving, and having loot table of six random items, including, highwayman set parts, which could be 1 out of 1000 or so. They would boost Thieving by 10%, stackable with brawling gloves(thieving). Having this, would also increase the chance of recieving any very rare loot, like onyx from gem tables.

Client

Try seeing OSBuddy client for OSRS. Pretty much convenient, don't you think? Help is on right part of window, CC can be put in there, having chat box free from it. Less spamming. Sorry, I can't put pictures of it today, but see for yourselves. Client is pretty good, makes drops also brighter to see. Like, abyssal whip drop in red color, while other drops in green or yellow color, depends on rarity, judging from Wiki Page.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Thieving Tweaks / Client
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »
Having a higher thieving level is far from useless. The difference in getting caught at master farmers from 80-99 is pretty huge. It does bring up more profit, getting caught less means that you get to steal more in less time.

I've suggested pyramid plunder twice before, I'd still like to see it.

I'm not a very big fan of taking things and giving them a huge skill requirement instead of adding something new. Instead of the set I'd go for something like gloves of silence, which would offer a reduced chance to get caught and a slight increase in thieving exp.

While I'd love the onyx from gem stalls, we already have so many sources of onyxes in the game. It's a good idea but it's not necessary. This rare loot should also have the same rarity, it shouldn't depend on what you wear.

As far as the client goes: It'd be a really nice feature but might not get it. It would probably require a lot of development time.
;
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Tgod Bro

• Liked: 304 times
  • +0/-0
  • Het echt varkentje
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »
Thieving's easy enough to get 99, tryin to make it easier? lel.

I would like to see new content, but i still think it's easy so xp changes should not be huge. Thanks

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »
Regarding the drop idea: we do not have the support for particles to create something like that,

Like charr said, id refrain from changing existing stuff so drastically  and i would rather prefer pyramid plunder. Cant really think of other fun thieving ideas rn.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 06:57:14 pm »
The money you get from thieving is absolutely nonexistent. Heroes for example require 80 Thieving and the pickpocket fail rate is pretty high even at 99. They give you like 250 gp.

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »
Thieving's easy enough to get 99, tryin to make it easier? lel.

I would like to see new content, but i still think it's easy so xp changes should not be huge. Thanks
Please, try reading it one more time. :) It seems you don't get the idea what I'm talking about. But thanks for opinion. :)

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:00:33 pm »

Like charr said, id refrain from changing existing stuff so drastically  and i would rather prefer pyramid plunder. Cant really think of other fun thieving ideas rn.
I think pyramid plunder would be fun. I also like Charr's idea with the gloves of silence.
Pages: 1