The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The onyx economy
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:36:10 am »
It's really no surprise that onyxes and the items crafted from them have become kind of worthless over time. I've talked about this before; we simply have too many sources for onyxes. In order to not turn furies and stones into unsellable items those should be cut back and perhaps a sink should also be implemented.

Shooting star
The first source I want to talk about is shooting star. Every star there is guaranteed to be one onyx entering the game. The we get 8-12 star spawns per day per world. I'd say most of those are mined, to pick a number I'd say at least 10 stars are mined every day. That would mean in a good week or two we could supply everyone online with a fury and stone. Cutting the amount of stars spawned comes to mind, but given that that would make getting the outfit (which is already kind of not worth getting at all) take even longer that isn't something I'd want.

We could have the onyx be a chance to obtain and get some kind of drop table that would be given to one person every star. This droptable could contain a few different amounts of stardust, mining exp lamps and the onyx. That would already cut down the amount of onyxes from stars by a massive amount.

Tokkul shop
Every jad run gives you enough tokkul to buy two onyxes. Shenven assigns jad nowadays so it does get done a little bit more often than it used to. Simply doubling the tokkul price of onyxes would be fine. It might suck for the coming months after the change but should ultimately result in a similar or better reward in terms of price.

Onyx drops
We used to have more monsters dropping onyxes but that number was cut down (thanks mary), I believe we could still take that further. I think it can be removed from KQ, KBD and Chronozon's droptables. Thematically it would make sense for obsidian dragons to drop them, so I wouldn't mind keeping it on them. I think it could be removed from them too however.

Regen bracelet
This could've been a good sink for onyxes, so I'm suggesting it's turned into one. First off, 2% is kind of meager, buffing it to 5% would make it seem a lot more impactful. I'm suggesting we make the bracelet repairable with onyx items (except bolts/tips). 25 or 20% of the charges restored per onyx item would be enough.

Rings of stone could also be used to recharge imbued rings if we want another sink specifically for them.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Ranger 0wns, Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Re: The onyx economy
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:20:42 pm »
Current state of onyx economy is good for bolts and their price is actually okay, it's unnecessary to bring their price up again.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:33:51 pm »
Current state of onyx economy is good for bolts and their price is actually okay, it's unnecessary to bring their price up again.

If you're actually cutting onyxes for bolt tips, you're doing shit terribly wrong. You can get thousands of onyx bolt tips as drops in a few hours of PvM at correct bosses lmao. The prices of the onyx bolts were never dependent on the price of onyxes.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, 3st Ranger X, S Clegane

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 01:52:47 pm »

Regen bracelet
This could've been a good sink for onyxes, so I'm suggesting it's turned into one. First off, 2% is kind of meager, buffing it to 5% would make it seem a lot more impactful. I'm suggesting we make the bracelet repairable with onyx items (except bolts/tips). 25 or 20% of the charges restored per onyx item would be enough.

Rings of stone could also be used to recharge imbued rings if we want another sink specifically for them.

I totally agree with this. Making imbued rings rechargeable would be nice.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:44 am »
Tokkul Shop has one problem with it. Somehow you can't sell obsidian items to it and get onyx then. Which is questionable as to why it is not possible? It would trash onyx price even more but knowing a lot of onyxes are already ing there should be similar sink to what you suggest with Regen bracelets but with something else as well.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:22:38 am »
Tokkul Shop has one problem with it. Somehow you can't sell obsidian items to it and get onyx then. Which is questionable as to why it is not possible? It would trash onyx price even more
Well if you're going to answer your own questions what the hell am I supposed to do with my life?
;

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »
Tokkul Shop has one problem with it. Somehow you can't sell obsidian items to it and get onyx then. Which is questionable as to why it is not possible? It would trash onyx price even more
Well if you're going to answer your own questions what the hell am I supposed to do with my life?
I don't know. Stay on topic here, perhaps...

What I think would be the best is only to obtain it from Tokkul shop, from Shooting Star has 1 out of 10 stars chance and leave it on KQ drop table only.
Pages: 1