The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The new defender tier - Demon Defender
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 03:41:06 pm »
"Giving it a special effect would be similar to what we have to spirit shields. However, to give the special effect a unique twist"

No thanks, why give spirit shield effect to something that's suppose to have more str bonus than the shield?
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 06:03:12 pm »
"Giving it a special effect would be similar to what we have to spirit shields. However, to give the special effect a unique twist"

No thanks, why give spirit shield effect to something that's suppose to have more str bonus than the shield?

It doesn't need to have a special effect but could have a passive effect when used in Pvming. For example a small damage reduction or vice versa, a slightly increased damage when used against demon bosses. That's just one example, I am sure there are other unique twists you can give it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:09:53 pm by Cahit »
Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 06:49:13 pm »

It doesn't need to have a special effect but could have a passive effect when used in Pvming. For example a small damage reduction or vice versa, a slightly increased damage when used against demon bosses. That's just one example, I am sure there are other unique twists you can give it.
Defenders sacrifice defense bonuses for pure offensive bonuses, they shouldn’t really give any sort of defense IMO as that’s the point of using one over something like an Arcane.

You could base a special ability for it off of the orb perhaps. Something that boosts your strength bonus but maybe decreases your accuracy for a short time, or along those lines if you feel it really needs an ability.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Game Wiki

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 07:15:39 pm »

Defenders sacrifice defense bonuses for pure offensive bonuses, they shouldn’t really give any sort of defense IMO as that’s the point of using one over something like an Arcane.

You could base a special ability for it off of the orb perhaps. Something that boosts your strength bonus but maybe decreases your accuracy for a short time, or along those lines if you feel it really needs an ability.
That's possible as well. The main idea afterall is to introduce a new tier defender superior to the dragon defender and it should be somewhat interesting to acquire at the same time. Additionaly, the combining idea could potentially add a new tab to the slayer shop too which i mentioned it's purpose in the topic itself.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Apoc

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 07:34:19 pm »
I like the idea, however being the best defender it should have a small bonus of some kind(accuracy or str bonus, maybe negative defense stats?) Also should be tradeable and decently hard to get.
Long live Emps.
Started playing 2009
The following users liked this post: Cahit

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 09:36:02 pm »
If it can be fit into pking too then i support it, else not

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 11:19:57 pm »
I am sure it would fit, just like the dragon defender but slightly better.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:51 am »
I am sure it would fit, just like the dragon defender but slightly better.
Thing is, you lose the dragon defender always upon death, i'd either prefer untradeables to be repairable or the suggested defender to protect over most things
Pages: 1 2