The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
The crystal halberd
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »
This halberd is a level 80 weapon and requires 2 hands to use, It's mostly known for its high hits on LARGE targets..

I suggest adding this Halberd as a drop from Kree'arra OR you will need some sort of crystals to get from every single gwd boss OR bosses around the game to make this powerful halberd
You will need 95 smithing to create this powerful halberd

It acts same as D hally but its more accurate and has more strength bonus and does more dmg to large targets

Agree?

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The crystal halberd
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 10:36:41 pm »
I actually like this idea, but this weapon may be a bit overpowered since dragon halberd is good already.

My take on this would that each gwd boss would drop a piece of the halberd. So you would have to kill all 4 gwd bosses to get 4 different pieces in order to assemble it.

Offline Stifler

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Not your average gohoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:18:50 pm »
No more op weapons pls

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:42 pm »
Yeah I agree with this although saole's part make 1 part each gwd boss
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:43:49 pm »
Stifler, it only hits twice on large enemies and with my suggestion it's not that easy to get, so it wouldn't become mainstream.

However, dragon halberd already hits up to 114, perhaps even 116 (can't check since I no longer have Statius helm). If we increase both accuracy and strength on crystal halberd, then it might become unfairly strong and accurate. To balance that out we could either nerf dragon halberd a bit or increase only one aspect of crystal halberd (str or accuracy). Either way I'd like to see it ingame.

I shall also specify the choice of boss. In my opinion it shouldn't be added to a one single monster/boss, because it would be grinded by those who want it and then the added monster/boss would be rendered useless.
This idea will also boost gwd's popularity a bit.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 11:57:32 pm »
Stifler, it only hits twice on large enemies and with my suggestion it's not that easy to get, so it wouldn't become mainstream.

However, dragon halberd already hits up to 114, perhaps even 116 (can't check since I no longer have Statius helm). If we increase both accuracy and strength on crystal halberd, then it might become unfairly strong and accurate. To balance that out we could either nerf dragon halberd a bit or increase only one aspect of crystal halberd (str or accuracy). Either way I'd like to see it ingame.

I shall also specify the choice of boss. In my opinion it shouldn't be added to a one single monster/boss, because it would be grinded by those who want it and then the added monster/boss would be rendered useless.
This idea will also boost gwd's popularity a bit.
Or, it could just be obtained from Skeletal Wyvern as rare drops, since it is only monster to drop Crystal Items in game, so far.
Those parts could be divided in 3 or 4 parts, each 1 in 500 drop and then combined all together parts - halberd handle, halberd branch and halberd foothold (or somewhat named) into crystal halberd, making it 80 attack and 90 strength weapon, which could degrade with uses.

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:05 am »
Or, it could just be obtained from Skeletal Wyvern as rare drops, since it is only monster to drop Crystal Items in game, so far.
Those parts could be divided in 3 or 4 parts, each 1 in 500 drop and then combined all together parts - halberd handle, halberd branch and halberd foothold (or somewhat named) into crystal halberd, making it 80 attack and 90 strength weapon, which could degrade with uses.
I still think multiple different monsters are a better option since you can actually control which pieces you'll get.

Offline Stifler

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Not your average gohoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:39 am »
so lazy to read all of this
The following users liked this post: Nocturnal

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:53:36 am »
so lazy to read all of this
Not so lazy to comment though.  ???

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
Level 70 would be enough for this weapon, 80 would be too much. 70 makes the most sense as the other crystal weapons have that requirement as well. It really just needs to be a slightly better d hally, that's all it would need to be to be good. Extra damage against large monsters? Not needed, would make it potentially too strong. 95 smithing is way too high, crafting also makes a bit more sense, 90 or even 85 crafting would be fine. Just a drop that would function as an upgrade material for the dragon halberd would work.

Any additional gwd drops should go to sara gwd, not arma.
;

Offline Magecrune

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 02:12:20 am »
And why is that? Because sara has the least amount of drops?
The chance getting a good drop is the same at sara as it is in arma. If we add anything to sara, we should lower the chances to get a ss/sol drop as well. It is already easy to get drops in gwd, so if we add something we should adjust other droprates (in this case ss's or sol's).

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 02:36:28 am »
The chance getting a good drop is the same at sara as it is in arma. If we add anything to sara, we should lower the chances to get a ss/sol drop as well. It is already easy to get drops in gwd, so if we add something we should adjust other droprates (in this case ss's or sol's).
Enough of targeting GWD already. There is plenty of monsters, besides GWD Bosses, who can have those parts. Mutant Tarn seems like suitable monster to have these kind of drops, since it has not much to offer, as being highest slayer requirement monster, compared to Ice Strykewyrm.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:34 am »
Enough of targeting GWD already. There is plenty of monsters, besides GWD Bosses, who can have those parts. Mutant Tarn seems like suitable monster to have these kind of drops, since it has not much to offer, as being highest slayer requirement monster, compared to Ice Strykewyrm.
We have a fucking skeletal wyvern
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:15:28 am by Suryoyo K0 »

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 12:11:45 pm »
We have a fucking skeletal wyvern
We're talking about a halberd that is level 80 weapon + it's special attack hits large targets hard, should be added to a level 75 slayer monster? No sir(plus if you think this can be used in PvP it's not for that, it's usually for PvM. I'm not gonna suggest the real version of the weapon OSRS where it's used everywhere..It will wipe out every1 within 1 special attack)

If you guys don't remember, back before we used to have a version of skeletal wyvern hitting 30s and is really hard to do alone

He used to hit with his claws double hits and his magic hits were cutting through prayers...What i want to suggest is adding a new boss dropping this powerful weapon, No more of Sara or any other sht slayer monsters.

Add a new boss or bring back the old Wyvern back and add this as a very rare drop from him... Gwd has got enough drops and is WAY to easy to do.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:15:55 pm by Ashootsh »

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 01:18:09 pm »
We're talking about a halberd that is level 80 weapon + it's special attack hits large targets hard, should be added to a level 75 slayer monster? No sir(plus if you think this can be used in PvP it's not for that, it's usually for PvM. I'm not gonna suggest the real version of the weapon OSRS where it's used everywhere..It will wipe out every1 within 1 special attack)

If you guys don't remember, back before we used to have a version of skeletal wyvern hitting 30s and is really hard to do alone

He used to hit with his claws double hits and his magic hits were cutting through prayers...What i want to suggest is adding a new boss dropping this powerful weapon, No more of Sara or any other sht slayer monsters.

Add a new boss or bring back the old Wyvern back and add this as a very rare drop from him... Gwd has got enough drops and is WAY to easy to do.
Sorry but level 80 is way too powerful for an upgraded version of d hally. I wouldn't like to see it if that's the case.

Slayer level has nothing to do with anything, tormented demons require 67 slayer and drop what makes level 80 weapons. Kbd or metal dragons have no slayer requirement at all and drop a level 70 weapon. Slayer level requirement is a slayer level requirement, nothing else.

Skeletal wyverns would actually be somewhat okay as far as dropping it goes. It would have to be rarer than the current crystal weapons but that would be okay.

What you are suggesting is literally a z spear with a halberd's attack range and special attack. It is gonna see use in PvP, it's a level 80 weapon and it's not outclassed by anything in what it should do. It can be used against a frozen target to melee them while being completely safe, it will be nice for chasing people as well.

Again, if you suggest a boss do it in detail.
;
Pages: 1 2 3