The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Papuvergas

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
telekinetic grab
« on: March 01, 2018, 07:50:58 am »
hey you shoud add telekinetic grab to the game. its good for weak players range or mage on strong monsters when dont need to leave safe spot :)
The following users liked this post: Blakpn0y

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: telekinetic grab
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:31 am »
I personally think that telekinetic grab would be dead content and a waste of coding time. I mean really, would many players even use the spell, just wondering....

Offline Papuvergas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:25:19 am »
idk i will use it but maybe u right ;)

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:59:39 am »
yeah, agreed with Jhonson, pretty much useless spell
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 01:59:39 pm »
add the spell!!!
this game's got lots of dead content already, that's not an excuse
The following users liked this post: Im Plsnorush, Blakpn0y

Offline Papuvergas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 11:49:41 am »
some players may need it like me, some dont.. but i think game needs to be good for both sides ;p
The following users liked this post: Blakpn0y

Offline Blakpn0y

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
  • Call me now for your free whipping.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 05:18:48 pm »
Spell - used or no - should be implemented in game. Just because you've got main maxed - doesn't mean spell shouldn't be implemented and it's dead content to you. Also, it might be useful in places where wine of zamorak could be placed (for example, nearby Goblin Village) in temples guarded Wizards or Town Archers(also low level NPCs) to make more content for new player to gain magic experience without hitpoints experience.

The world will have to deal with us.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 06:54:38 pm »
Spell - used or no - should be implemented in game. Just because you've got main maxed - doesn't mean spell shouldn't be implemented and it's dead content to you. Also, it might be useful in places where wine of zamorak could be placed (for example, nearby Goblin Village) in temples guarded Wizards or Town Archers(also low level NPCs) to make more content for new player to gain magic experience without hitpoints experience.

And just because i got my account to maxed, i can say that theres no need to implement that spell because i've never thought of having a need to use the spell(if it was implemented ingame already) for literally anything. Instead of bashing on other peoples replies, rather open your eyes and look at everything realistically.

Even your idea would be dead, as we currently have only 1 active world that people play on. Imagine osrs, theres at least 1-2 players(botters, doesnt matter) on every single world, that just dont leave the place for tele grabbing the wines. That would be awful in emps with only 1 active world
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:

Offline Blakpn0y

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 08:31:52 pm »

And just because i got my account to maxed, i can say that theres no need to implement that spell because i've never thought of having a need to use the spell(if it was implemented ingame already) for literally anything. Instead of bashing on other peoples replies, rather open your eyes and look at everything realistically.

Even your idea would be dead, as we currently have only 1 active world that people play on. Imagine osrs, theres at least 1-2 players(botters, doesnt matter) on every single world, that just dont leave the place for tele grabbing the wines. That would be awful in emps with only 1 active world

"I've never thought of having need to use the spell" - although if it were, surely obtaining wines of zamorak for Ironman would feel better, won't it?
I look realistically enough to see from other player point of view not from Thomy's or yours. As moderator, you could at least cooperate with us and give ourselves explanation as to why you disagree as argument right from start yet somehow you think picture you see is the most important and you drive away players from it... I don't know why you even brought my idea as it is not front row of this topic but it seems you're bashing at it too. Since you went off-topic so much with one reply, I will mention this:
Here's good example for you: Thomy creates more new bosses > more players attend to bosses and less players actually goes to wilderness > wonder why players whine about empty wilderness even though there is 60~ players online at that time.
What I meant was focusing just what is good for you doesn't make everyone else happy. And if Thomy wants more players to attract he has to find new ways or at least trying to cooperate with some of them. Like he said before - you want to flame, leave. I just gave my argument as to why I think it is normal to have spell inside game, doesn't matter if you are the only one or along with Jhonson won't be using it. Others might use it. Others find it useful.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:34:22 pm by Blakpn0y »

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 05:43:31 am »
Telekinetic grab would be a lot of work with very little use.
The problem with it, is that in emps there is no pressure existing code for it, this can cause a difficult time for Thomy, since he would need to code it pretty much from the ground up if I remember correctly. Not only that, but add on the possibility of duplication bugs with a system like this, which will inevitably happen (It's a change in the way items are picked up), it's just not worth the development time.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Blakpn0y

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 10:06:00 am »

"I've never thought of having need to use the spell" - although if it were, surely obtaining wines of zamorak for Ironman would feel better, won't it?
I look realistically enough to see from other player point of view not from Thomy's or yours. As moderator, you could at least cooperate with us and give ourselves explanation as to why you disagree as argument right from start yet somehow you think picture you see is the most important and you drive away players from it... I don't know why you even brought my idea as it is not front row of this topic but it seems you're bashing at it too. Since you went off-topic so much with one reply, I will mention this:
Here's good example for you: Thomy creates more new bosses > more players attend to bosses and less players actually goes to wilderness > wonder why players whine about empty wilderness even though there is 60~ players online at that time.
What I meant was focusing just what is good for you doesn't make everyone else happy. And if Thomy wants more players to attract he has to find new ways or at least trying to cooperate with some of them. Like he said before - you want to flame, leave. I just gave my argument as to why I think it is normal to have spell inside game, doesn't matter if you are the only one or along with Jhonson won't be using it. Others might use it. Others find it useful.
No, the zamorak mages never hit through magic protection and there's an altar there to re-generate your prayer.
It would feel.. useless? Because the magic spell range of npcs would surely be same as telekinetic grab?

https://gyazo.com/ef55bac68f471e0063396136872ea05d (there's 2 woz on the floor but I picked them up, they regenerate after a minute)

Also the monks guarding it have wine of zamorak drop rate 30%, so it would make more sense picking up the 2 on the ground and killing monks for additional ones, not telegrabbing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:12:59 am by Drugs »

Offline Blakpn0y

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 06:45:42 pm »

No, the zamorak mages never hit through magic protection and there's an altar there to re-generate your prayer.
It would feel.. useless? Because the magic spell range of npcs would surely be same as telekinetic grab?

https://gyazo.com/ef55bac68f471e0063396136872ea05d (there's 2 woz on the floor but I picked them up, they regenerate after a minute)

Also the monks guarding it have wine of zamorak drop rate 30%, so it would make more sense picking up the 2 on the ground and killing monks for additional ones, not telegrabbing.
You got the point. Also, I was reffering to Chaos temple between Taverley gates and Goblin Village. Not Wilderness one. :)

Pages: 1