The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
Taxes
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »
Well, i dont play this game. But it really does suffer.
Want something unique? To balance the economy and get rid of some gold/items and
get less stakers ingame or atleast make them think twice before they go in a stake?

Do like everyotherfuckingstupid country in this world and implement a tax-system.
In norway, we just got flight seat taxes. That means for every flight ticket you buy.
You have to pay an external amount of money to the government. Something that
the owners of the flight companies cant control or do anything with. They sell tickets
for 200$, Norwegian government want 10-20$ in taxes. Total 220.

Implement a system that takes 10-15-20$ of the total pot in the stakes.
Straight into a emps-world bot account that deletes it permantly or delete it permantly after the stake.

-> Get rid of items -> Get less stakers.

People are complaining so much about stakers in this forums. For my self i dont really give a shit.
But this will help get rid of arabs in duel arena and will help get rid of overflooded cash or items.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:25:24 pm »
People blame the stakers because the don't wanna admit that emps is lacking new players. Most of the people around are either too poor to afford high level shit or they are veterans who have been around for years back in scape so they know how to play the game and already have everything. Obviously there isn't demand for shit. Add more low-level money makers would help solving these problems. Instead bunch of shit has been nerfed for new players, like dragon weapons from blue dragons went from 1/143 to 1/500... Like what the actual fuck, barrows armor is easier to obtain at that point. Then there's also the fact that tradeable void and easy af to get ancient equipment exist; what's the damn point of GWD equipment anymore?

Staking is a humongous item sink. This is another point people fail to see. They argue that stakers are the reason why the economy is shit because they mass sold bunch of items, but if there is absolutely no demands for anything, how the hell are they supposedly selling their shit? I fail to understand how that logic works at all.

OSRS and RS3 and pretty much every private server has a staking community but they still have functional economy because new players are actually able to reach the ''endgame'' content within reasonable time and with variety of content. I personally wish Thomy would keep working on the new content and whatever else he might have in store for us.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:34:09 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:44:38 pm »
Are you talking about the same flight tax that made Ryanair give up on flying from Rygge airport ??? Doesn't seem like a good thing to me :_:

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »
Are you talking about the same flight tax that made Ryanair give up on flying from Rygge airport ??? Doesn't seem like a good thing to me :_:

Exactly that yes  ::)

Maybe i got a shady motivation with this suggestion  ::)

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:10:14 pm »
We discussed this about 2 months ago and Thomy thought a staking tax of 0.1% (iirc) would suffice. I disagreed and suggested ~5% instead. But as you can see it's not in the game so the idea died out. At this point I don't even think it's a good thing to add anymore. Implementing a tax system only works when people are only staking coins so it would have to be made impossible to stake anything other than coins. Now this means people will dump all of their items in the ge, items that are already not in high demand resulting in a massive item crash.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:23:47 pm »
I agree with Lars on the staking fee, but there's a workaround from the dumping. I already explained it twice, so I'll just link Junkz's overall economy thread: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=17705.msg139884#msg139884
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:28:16 pm by Magecrune »
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 02:09:10 am »
We discussed this about 2 months ago and Thomy thought a staking tax of 0.1% (iirc) would suffice. I disagreed and suggested ~5% instead. But as you can see it's not in the game so the idea died out. At this point I don't even think it's a good thing to add anymore. Implementing a tax system only works when people are only staking coins so it would have to be made impossible to stake anything other than coins. Now this means people will dump all of their items in the ge, items that are already not in high demand resulting in a massive item crash.

I agree. So what do you guys think of the idea that, Coins are 'taxed' accordingly as described above. Secondly, Ex1 Items can be 'taxed' too for example to be able to stake 5 fire capes you need to pay 1 to 'tax'. Ex2 100 mithril arrows 10 arrows go to 'tax.' Also, i'll come up with a more descriptive way tomorrow.

If anyone wants to add more ideas to this feel free!

Edit before I go to bed:  The only Problem I see with my current suggestion is there will have to be a rate associated with each item id. Unless there is a way that you can associate multiple id(s) rather easily.

Example: all arrow(s) and bolt(s) id's are considered to be 'projectiles.' Then you tax all projectiles, the same taxation rate.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:52:42 am by Eliminator »

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 04:43:24 am »
I don't see why Thomy or Martin haven't created a fake account and rigged stakes in their favour to sink items yet.

Ples guys we want econemee gud!!

OT:
I read about this in the other topic and think it's such a great idea. 5-10% of the wealth staked should be taxed from the players who are staking.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 06:07:40 am »

And money sinks themself will make the prices go down because there will obviously be less cash in the game. Instead of sinking money, regular players should have more ways of getting it.
The following users liked this post: Eliminator
Pages: 1