The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Super combat potion
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:36:06 pm »
Right now when you boost your strength/defense to 123 with either a zammy or sara brew and drink a super melee potion afterwards your strength/defense will be set back to 118. Can you change this so it doesn't override the boost of brews? So people can bring zammy brews + a super comabt pot instead of bringing both super attack and defense?

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Super combat potion
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »
Or buff super combat potino to make ur str 123? It would safe 2 inv space and i bet pvmers and pkers would like that

Mary

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »
Or buff super combat potino to make ur str 123? It would safe 2 inv space and i bet pvmers and pkers would like that
That would make a higher herblore level and zamorak brew completely obsolete

might aswell call it overload then

OT: that seems like a tradeoff between saving an inventory space and convenience. If you want both... wouldn't that be a little too easy?

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:18:15 pm »

OT: that seems like a tradeoff between saving an inventory space and convenience. If you want both... wouldn't that be a little too easy?
Then why add them to the game in the first place?  People who previously used zammy brews+s att+s def will still use those 3 instead of zammy brew+super combat because of the reason I mentioned above. And people who used s att/str/def will now use super combat, making it straight up easier. It's a better replacement for the super potions but serves no purpose to people using zammy brews. I really don't see why you shouldn't change it. Drinking a potion that boosts a stat that has already been boosted by a different potion, only to lower the stat doesn't make a whole lot of sense tbh.

Mary

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:21:26 pm »

Then why add them to the game in the first place?  People who previously used zammy brews+s att+s def will still use those 3 instead of zammy brew+super combat because of the reason I mentioned above. And people who used s att/str/def will now use super combat, making it straight up easier. It's a better replacement for the super potions but serves no purpose to people using zammy brews. I really don't see why you shouldn't change it. Drinking a potion that boosts a stat that has already been boosted by a different potion, only to lower the stat doesn't make a whole lot of sense tbh.
no it doesnt but thats the way it works i guess
ill probably not be able to change it myself

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 07:28:58 am »
That makes sense, pots should not lower stats. I'll rewrite the pot code in the evening, thanks for this.
The following users liked this post: Lars

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:16 am »
New system implemented.
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Helpmeplease
Pages: 1