The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Steadfast/glaiven/ragefire gloves
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:41:00 pm »
The current best in slot gloves look rather shitty when worn with Nex sets. It's obvious they were designed around the gwd armour sets. I propose we release gloves that look like the boots dropped by ice strykewyrms and don't look out of place when worn with nex sets. They would make max gear look a whole lot better.

What gwd gloves look like with nex sets.

Now, we've had more than enough powercreep with the last update. I don't propose these gloves get higher stats than are already available to us in some way. For that, golden precision bracelets and the gwd gloves are what we'll be looking at.
  • Golden precision bracelets offer the highest accuracy bonus at +20 for each style.
  • Gwd gloves offer the highest str bonus at +7 for their corresponding style.
  • Gwd gloves offer the highest def bonus at 17 (own), 21 (resistance) and 7 (weakness).
  • The accuracy should be +16, higher than gwd gloves but lower than bracelets.
  • The defense bonus should be slightly lower than gwd gloves in order to not make gwd gloves completely irrelevant.
  • The strength bonus should be +7 to match gwd gloves.
Gwd gloves should be made to be relatively on par with their boots.

As far as obtaining the gloves goes, what monster they're from doesn't really matter all that much. They can be added to ice strykewyrms or glacors could be introduced, that doesn't matter much to me. So long as they're made by upgrading gwd gloves that should be okay. Whatever is going to be the source for these should drop a kind of scale that is used to upgrade gwd gloves and boots. This should put the demand for gwd gloves and boots on a somewhat equal level. The upgraded variants should remain tradable.

It might not be fun for the people that have the boots/gloves currently as their prices are likely to fluctuate. However, I personally don't think that's too much of a problem.
;
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Earl, Tomtim1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Steadfast/glaiven/ragefire gloves
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:56:13 pm »
tl;dr - let's get it done. I support it.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:04:45 pm »
Personally I would like to see a new boss whether that being a custom one or some quest boss (i.e Nomad) because Nex is the newest boss from Runescape that Emps revision has. Or it could even be some hard mode variant off any currently existing bosses in Emps-World like KBD for example. Just make the NPC bigger, add some mechanics and make it harder. Sounds simple but probably isn't in reality lol

That boss then could drop three new gloves whether they're custom as well or how about gloves from Dominion Tower? Goliath (melee), Swift (range) and spellcaster (magic)? I believe they exist in our revision.
They wouldn't necessarily need to have "high" stats compared to currently existing gloves. Instead they could have some passive or active effect.
Few examples: melee gloves passive would be same as what god bows have but for melee weapons only, magic would have an active effect which makes your next spell deal bleed damage, range would have an active where your next attack freezes the target.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:45 pm »
Personally I would like to see a new boss whether that being a custom one or some quest boss (i.e Nomad) because Nex is the newest boss from Runescape that Emps revision has. Or it could even be some hard mode variant off any currently existing bosses in Emps-World like KBD for example. Just make the NPC bigger, add some mechanics and make it harder. Sounds simple but probably isn't in reality lol
Glacors would be something with mechanics. Don't think it has to be a boss. Would just have to find something to give ice wyrms, but just flat improving their resource drops/alchs might be enough.

That boss then could drop three new gloves whether they're custom as well or how about gloves from Dominion Tower? Goliath (melee), Swift (range) and spellcaster (magic)? I believe they exist in our revision.
Dom tower isn't on the map though, so I wouldn't know exactly. My guess would be they aren't. Glacors might not be either tbh.

They wouldn't necessarily need to have "high" stats compared to currently existing gloves. Instead they could have some passive or active effect.
Few examples: melee gloves passive would be same as what god bows have but for melee weapons only, magic would have an active effect which makes your next spell deal bleed damage, range would have an active where your next attack freezes the target.
I'd prefer stats over gimmicks, they're far easier to balance.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 10:10:25 pm »
Use the bracelet noob, it's already better. I also think that steadfast, ragefire and glaivens should be actually worse than GWD boots since they're dropped by an easy as fuck to kill slayer monster instead of a boss monster. I disagree.
The following users liked this post: Nedaz

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:17 pm »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:29:12 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Kaner, Bubblebeam2, Earl, Tomtim1, Charr, Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:03:36 am »
barrow gloves ftw

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 08:08:42 am »
Congratulations, you've successfully guessed an update that is currently being planned. ;)
The following users liked this post: Iownu5xbetr, Charr

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 02:10:18 pm »
Congratulations, you've successfully guessed an update that is currently being planned. ;)
Wasn't a fucking guess, charr is being a dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Jp, Kaner, Il Skill L, Drugs, Tomtim1, Charr, Themarfish, Di Dot, S Clegane
Pages: 1