The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Gauras

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
staking for PvMers?
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:22:33 am »
Yh its sounds crazy but i came up with this idea last night

Basic idea: tournament who ll get most kills of certain monster or boss in certain time

It could be like a tournament daily or weekly.
So people pay entry fee (1m-10m) to a NPC example Thomy. The tournament happens like this:
weekly- there could be week A and week B week.
 A is free for all so every one can participate
B is members only so only if you have membership u can play this torunament
So tournament could happen like this.  Sunday ppl register for tournament and prepare (get supply gear lvls), monday to friday slay monsters, saturday winner or winners announced and they take prizes.
daily- happens like this: one day tournament one day free (don't know how to explain it)

Prizes: if there is only 5 player playing then winner takes all money -10% fee from pot
          if 5to9 winner takes 50% runner up takes 30% 3rd takes 10% and 10% goes to fee
          if 10+ 1st takes 35% 2nd 25% 3rd 15% 4th 10% 5th 5%  and 10% fee again
if few ppl has same kc like in case 3 ,when there is 10+ ppl in tournament , they just split it example 2 ppl hold same kc of monster and they take 2nd and 3 rd position so 25+15/2 and both of em ends up with 20% of pot

There could be leagues divided by total lvl or better by combat lvl better league higher lvl req and bigger entry fee

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: staking for PvMers?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:07:41 am »
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, sounds really difficult to implement though. The free tournament sounds somewhat boring, given that most monsters that have elaborate mechanics are members-only. I would still rather see improvements to actual PvM than this however.
;

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:16:08 am »
Sounds boring tbh
The following users liked this post: Skymaster100

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:18:12 pm »
Since staking is all about that 50/50 chance of winning, I wouldn't call it 'Staking for PvMers'.

Anyway, the idea itself is nice and all, but it would just help the rich get richer. This wouldn't help new people pick up PvM because of their inexperience and/or inferior equipment. Leagues based on total level and such wouldn't work with our player count since ultimately there would be like maximum 5 players interested in this. Even in OSRS with higher player counts you can see the same people dominating the LMS tournaments even though there brackets for multiple skill levels.

You could just go bossing, get some loot, sell it and earn money that way.
> ''But I cant get a 7B bank that way quickly QQ''
You don't need one. You can play the game, get maxed and do whatever you want perfectly fine with your bank being worth less than 1B.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:20:37 pm by Someone12116 »
Pages: 1