The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
Spirit shields & EP shop
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:03:05 pm »
  • Add a timer to the spirit shields' damage negating effect.
Well, makes it easier to use, especially in PvP.
  • Add more consumable rewards to EP shop.
Currently we only have Auras as consumable items, so when players have got their hands to those cosmetic items, they don't feel the need of EP's anymore. In addition, not everyone has interests in cosmetic items. By increasing the need of EP's would also make the events hosted by staff to be more attractive -> more participants. What could be added as new rewards? Well, I haven't played osrs, so I don't know much about what kind of items exist, but maybe something like:
  • A new food which restores more HP than Manta Ray.
  • A new range ammo (arrows/bolts) which is better than god/dragon arrows.
  • Overload potion.
  • Skilling rings that has the teleports to skilling places, e.g. Fishing Ring, has the teleports for Catherby/Mudskipper Point/Rimmington, Farming Ring (teleports for all farming patches). These rings are degradeable. Cannot be recharged.
  • Some kind of tablets that would switch your mage book of your choice.

Feel free to suggest more what could be added.

(AI: Why I want to host events? Because when I was a "normal" player, I always wished that mods/admins would host events to give some variation to PvM/Skilling/PvP, because when you constantly do it, it eventually becomes boring grinding.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:04:56 pm by Division66 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit shields & EP shop
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 12:13:00 pm »
Timer is a good idea. The visual effects do match up with it exactly to the tick, but a timer is always nice.

I'd generally want more things to be available in the EP shop but I don't really like anything you've listed. Would just like more auras. May come up with my own ideas at some point.
;

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:06 pm »
the tablet to change the spell books would be super over powered in wilderness, so that's a no from me.
but the idea of reviving the ep shop sounds really cool, because currently, there isn't much use for ep, except the auras.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:11:36 pm »
No point in putting best-in-slot gear and top tier supplies as EP rewards when completing tasks take 5 minutes of your day. Anyone with low level skills would be able to acquire them. There would be no point in training skill other than for skillcapes.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
the tablet to change the spell books would be super over powered in wilderness, so that's a no from me.
but the idea of reviving the ep shop sounds really cool, because currently, there isn't much use for ep, except the auras.

Maybe a restriction that you can only use it outside of wilderness will fix this? As I find quite annoying when I have to switch mage book pretty often.

No point in putting best-in-slot gear and top tier supplies as EP rewards when completing tasks take 5 minutes of your day. Anyone with low level skills would be able to acquire them. There would be no point in training skill other than for skillcapes.

The point was more likely to make these as PvP/high class supplies , meaning their price won't be too low, but nor ridiculously high (a price where you can't easily stack tons of them, but can get enough for a few fights). Now you can gain 2 EP/day (3 if you are a member), so I doubt those supplies will overflow.

Anyways, I haven't played osrs, so there could also be better rewards to be put into EP shop.  :P

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
Maybe a restriction that you can only use it outside of wilderness will fix this? As I find quite annoying when I have to switch mage book pretty often.
then it'd be fine

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:47:12 pm »

The point was more likely to make these as PvP/high class supplies , meaning their price won't be too low, but nor ridiculously high (a price where you can't easily stack tons of them, but can get enough for a few fights). Now you can gain 2 EP/day (3 if you are a member), so I doubt those supplies will overflow.

Anyways, I haven't played osrs, so there could also be better rewards to be put into EP shop.  :P

Except for the fact that there's nobody PKing and barely anyone PvMing so the supplies would either stack up or the tasks would remain being ignored.

Just increase XP rewards so they are at least somewhat relevant. In RS3 you can eatn upto 300k xp per task depending on the skill. Usually you get like 10x the XP you earned while completing the task. In Emps I get 20k XP for earning 100-200k XP. That's so damn useless. The dxp tickets used to be a perfect reward.
Pages: 1