The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: spectrals and stairs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »
I  agree with everything but the stairs at dwf. Imo it's a legit escape strategy. And about the corp cave; I never understood it's placement in the first place. Even before the games necklace you could teleport extremely close to it making it impossible to get killed.
Baisc math..
There are 2 stairs when you have to choose between up and down (2nd and 3r floor)
First time you have to make a choice you have 50% chance of picking the same as your victim..But there are 2 stairs with an option to choose up or down, which makes the chances of escape higher.
You as pker have 25% chance of picking the same combination(up/down) as your victim--->victim has 75%chance of escaping you..
This is already unfair to the side of the pker..
That 75% escaping chance is just for 2 options, but the victim can be doing the up/down thing all day--->guaranteed escape.
I don't think this will happen. Mainly because of the Spikey Chains inside the Slayer Tower and the ladder inside the Taverley Dungeon at the Black Dragons.
??????
what does that have to do with the fact there is a free escape in the wilderness?
Climbing things in combat. Those are located in areas with aggressive monsters. Maybe this will make it too hard to code.

I'm on your side with this thing. Just mentioning some possible reasons why it will be hard to get this to work.
mm you have a point there, but that's why I suggested atleast 3things.
If that is a problem you could make it unclimbable while tbed..

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Ironman Tim

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Main: TomTim1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 12:34:29 pm »
I  agree with everything but the stairs at dwf. Imo it's a legit escape strategy. And about the corp cave; I never understood it's placement in the first place. Even before the games necklace you could teleport extremely close to it making it impossible to get killed.
Baisc math..
There are 2 stairs when you have to choose between up and down (2nd and 3r floor)
First time you have to make a choice you have 50% chance of picking the same as your victim..But there are 2 stairs with an option to choose up or down, which makes the chances of escape higher.
You as pker have 25% chance of picking the same combination(up/down) as your victim--->victim has 75%chance of escaping you..
This is already unfair to the side of the pker..
That 75% escaping chance is just for 2 options, but the victim can be doing the up/down thing all day--->guaranteed escape.
I don't think this will happen. Mainly because of the Spikey Chains inside the Slayer Tower and the ladder inside the Taverley Dungeon at the Black Dragons.
??????
what does that have to do with the fact there is a free escape in the wilderness?
Climbing things in combat. Those are located in areas with aggressive monsters. Maybe this will make it too hard to code.

I'm on your side with this thing. Just mentioning some possible reasons why it will be hard to get this to work.
mm you have a point there, but that's why I suggested atleast 3things.
If that is a problem you could make it unclimbable while tbed..
That sounds like a possible solution indeed :)

Player Moderator since the 10th of November 2015

Nothing again since the 14th of March 2016

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 06:27:52 pm »
Dean Ambrose Is on, baby. And you know something, shit-faced pker, Fireblast12 or whatever you call yourself... Stop crying, just because PvMers got a strike, FINALLY on rushing at spectrals, don't you dare to insult people, when you, Pkers, are the ones making them run away. No wonder, they over the time thought of escape, and it's paying off. Just because, you can't kill player within 23 - 29 wildy, doesn't mean you are good at pking. Oh, and by the way, for those who complain about it even more, Glory amulets and other dragon jewellery supposed to teleport you up to 30 wildy, not 20, so it needs buff, not your cry talks, you drama queens.
I don't even know what to say to you since your braincells aren't developped yet...
I'll ask you one more time, please stay away from this topic..
Keep crying. Kids these days. :) Will do ANYTHING to make game easier to play, by making everything perfect for them, not for just everybody else. :)

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »
Oh dear lord the QQ is real.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot, King Jan

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:43 pm »
now that I think about it, lures are going to be easier if few points were applied there, but all you have to do to anti-lure anything just ignore any player tells you to follow him to a strange place whatsoever. Idk anythin about these, I agree with specter disappearing after x amount of time like the most one.

I basically think the only things that could be right for the obstacle in either making it what beyond it wilderness until a certain point, or when being tele blocked it will take half the amount of time that the normal tele block would take to be able to access it (or that's what I have in mind) but completely sealing the way isn't a solution for sure.
The following users liked this post: Fireblast12

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 09:35:03 pm »
You're making me god damn sick. And this guy Lars lel. Why the f**k you're always crying??? You can't kill a person - it's bug! It's not fair! Shut your mouth already. PLEASE. Just imagine what will happen with wildy if Thomy will really listen to this pathetic guy. Not all ideas he says is bad ofcourse... But now it goes too far.
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Lv Persavoz, Triangle Dot, King Jan

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 09:39:12 pm »
You're making me god damn sick. And this guy Lars lel. Why the f**k you're always crying??? You can't kill a person - it's bug! It's not fair! Shut your mouth already. PLEASE. Just imagine what will happen with wildy if Thomy will really listen to this pathetic guy. Not all ideas he says is bad ofcourse... But now it goes too far.

Ive never seen Lars crying.. He is arguing with propriety.

And in my opinion he has a good point in this case :-X

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 05:05:23 am »

Like i said, pathetic as f**k.
The following users liked this post: Lv Persavoz, Triangle Dot

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 10:44:37 am »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=15688.0
rediricting you all to that topic to reduce useless posts..
Anyway, the way the spectrals are now is not how it should be and I will spam this untill it gets recognition and people will understand the problem..
solutions?
-make  the spectral pj-able..(your attack on the spectral will make it dissapear, use the normal pj timer to define when you can attack the spectral..)
-make the spectral automaticly dissapear after an x-amount of time..
-make the player pj-able..
-???
pick one or pick all of the above, idc, just solve it already..

Another issue
There is a possibility to climb certain obstacles and ladders to guarantee your escape in the wilderness..
There are 2places that I have in mind
-The rock that bring you to the trolls at lvl 23wilderness, you can climb it and guarantees your escape(even when you are tbed).
-The stairs in the dark warrior's fortress, there are 3stages in that castle.
at the first floor you have the option to go upstair or downstairs which can guarantee you a free escape(keep hopping the stairs for 10secs and log out)..
solution for this problem could be :
-making stairs and obstacles unclimbable in combat
-deleting the obstacle at lvl 23, since I don't see any use of it
-making stairs and obstacles unclimbable while tbed
-???

The caves are fine IMO, while hopping at revs cave you still can attack your opponent(victim) if you click fast enough..

Last issue(for now)
The corporeal cave...
That cave was placed in the wilderness to make the travel there dangerous and risky, yet you can tele to it without a problem(game necklace)..
I don't think I will get much support on this part since the community is full of pvmers that don't want to risk anything, but you could make the pre-fighting room wilderness..
There are some flaws in that suggestion, I do agree with that but feel free to shoot some arguments..
As a pvm'er i agree with most of these arguments.
I wouldn't mind the fact that you're unable to climb the rock at lvl 23 wild. DWF though is not to be touched since the pker still has the chance to kill him.
As for your suggestion of to make stairs and obstacles unclimbable in combat : If it's possible to code something like this that it only counts in wilderness it's a yes from me. Otherwise it could indeed be a problem in slayer tower like Tim stated before.
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016
The following users liked this post: Fireblast12
Pages: 1 2