The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Soul wars capes (Red/Blue capes from the warrior guild shop)
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:17:54 pm »
So I just bought one of these capes for a whopping 1.9k tokens and I came to the conclusion they are inferior to a skillcape. There is literally no benefit to use these capes over a skillcape (except for the +1 bonus is all attack styles, but this is pretty much neglectable), making it dead content once a player has mastered a skill. (which isn't very difficult to achieve)

I therefore suggest to either change the stats of the capes, or lower their prices.

The stat changes should make it an unique cape which benefits the player in certain situations, whilst not making skillcapes useless. My suggestion is to give it a significant enough prayer bonus to use it instead of a skillcape when prayer is a deciding factor. Skillcapes give a +6 prayer bonus, so a +8 or higher bonus should do the job. (in the old version of runescape these capes had a +12 prayer bonus) In addition to the prayer bonus they could also give a small defense bonus in all styles, however I think this might make it a little bit too strong.

My second suggestion is to lower the price significantly to make it a cape low level players can buy with little effort. It will then serve as a better version of the legends cape/obsidian cape which are very easy to get. A price of 500ish tokens should make it harder to achieve than one of the previously mentioned capes, but still easy enough to make it a desirable item.

I personally am a big fan of my first suggestion, but the second one will also be a nice change.

Thank you for reading.

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Re: Soul wars capes (Red/Blue capes from the warrior guild shop)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:19:18 pm »
Would support a slight buff to the cape

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:16 pm »
Would support a slight buff to the cape

^

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline I Pk Ur Nan

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:52 am »
Wow, I was thinking of buying because it would be kinda near the Fire Cape stats, I agree to buff them.  Tokens just aren't worth its stats.
Pages: 1