The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Some random quest idea
« on: December 21, 2014, 07:27:01 pm »
The Scarab Menace

Requirements: Desert War -quest

You start the quest by speaking to the Emir of Al Kharid (a new NPC required). He tells you that he has received some worrying news from his cousin, Ali the Mayor, who lives in the Bandit Camp. He then sends you to visit Ali and see what's the problem.

When arriving and speaking to Ali the Mayor, the following dialogue could be something like this:

Player: Hello! Your cousin, Emir of Al Kharid, sent me to help with your problem.

Ali: Yes, I have received news that you would come, and I am sure that you are able to help me. You have certainly proven your capability of handling yourself in combat.

Player: So, what's the problem?

Ali: Our scouts have brought us some really frightening news from the south. It seems like the people of Sophanem have allied with the Scarabs of the Menaphos.

Player: Scarabs? How could scarabs be so frightening?

Ali: You see, they are no ordinary Scarabs. They are capable fighters just like we humans are. Not only that, their mages also posses magical abilities beyond our comprehension. They have been experiencing on the small harmless scarabs and have managed to transform one of them into a giant one! Whatever they are planning to do with it, it must be eliminated!

Player: That sounds complicated. How am I supposed to do that?

Ali: I'm sure killing the scarabs will not be a problem for an experienced combatant like you, but getting inside might be tricky. They only let in people who worship the demigod of the dead, who is know as Itchlarin (this NPC actually exists in Sophanem already lol). You must also be wearing a set of clothes that belong to their thugs. There is a camp north from here that is occupied by thugs wearing them. You should kill some of them to get the clothing. With this information, you should be able to get inside.

Player: Let's hope so. I'll see what I can do!

To access Sophanem, player must be wearing the purple and yellow desert thug clothing, acquired from the monster in Bedabin Camp. When approaching the city gates, a Sophanem guard will interrupt you. She will ask you ''Who do we worship?''. There will be 3 options:

1. ''Saradomin of course! Everyone worships him!''

2. ''Itchlarin, the demigod of the dead''

3. ''Zamorak, because all the cool people worship him!''

The answer is Itchlarin, like Ali told you previously. If you tell them one of the wrong answers, you will be knocked out and you will find yourself at a random spot in the desert.

After getting in to Sophanem, you should seek for a high-ranked person. You speak to the High Priest of Sophanem and tell him you have come to assist the scarab mages with their magic.

High Priest: Hah! Why should I believe you?

Player: While spending time in the Bedabin camp, I heard the scarabs are running low on runes.

High Priest: If you truly came here to help them, I'm sure you are carrying the runes right now.

If the player is not carrying any runes, they will be called a liar. If they are, the dialogue will continue. Any runes of any number will get you through this part.

*player shows runes*
High Priest: Very well. However, you look new to me. I'm not going to let you in to the Menaphos so easily: I have a task for you.

Player: What do you want me to do?

High Priest: I have got a word from the guards that the river snakes have been a nuisance to our slaves, who collect all our food. Simply get rid of some of them and I will grant you passage to Menaphos.

Player: I will be back in no time!

After killing 1-5 snakes, a giant river snake will appear in the middle of the river. (use the model of this guy http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Sea_Snake and name it 'Giant river snake'). Melee won't reach it so ranged or magic is required to kill it.

After killing the giant snake, talk to the High Priest again and he will grant you passage to Menaphos.

In Menaphos, you will be attacked by the scarabs. You need to kill the giant one (all the monsters required for the fight actually exist already, but are currently inaccessible). After killing the Giant Scarab, it drops a Keris dagger. You pick it automatically up.

Now all you need to do is to go back to Ali the Mayor and tell him you have done the job. He then sends you to Emir of Al Kharid for your reward.

Rewards:

You ask Emir about the dagger. He will tell you that it has some special abilities* against Kalphites. Then Emir hands you his sceptre (this model http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pharao's_sceptre with the name 'Emir's Sceptre'), which will allow you to teleport to any of the desert camps/towns with unlimited charges. Furthermore, pickpocketing from the Pollniveach villagers and bandits and stealing from the stalls anywhere in the desert will grant 5% extra thieving XP. 

*special abilities of Keris: It will have the bonuses of abyssal whip against all the Kalphites (anywhere else it's bonuses would be bad). All gem drops will also be noted when wearing it. Furthermore, it will ignore the protection prayers of Kalphite queen, similar to Verac's set. The dagger will degrade to nothing after 2000 hits. A new one can be acquired killing the Giant Scarab again. However, the drop will no longer be guaranteed. The dagger is untradeable and only can be possessed at a time.

More notes:

- Remove the Apmeken and Crondis NPC's from Bedabin Camp. They are demigods similar to Itchlarin, so them just chilling at the camp would make no sense. Only the NPC's wearing the purple and red desert clothes should remain.

- Make the desert clothing drops more common. They are way too rare currently, if they even exist.

I hope the idea isn't that terrible
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:38:47 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline In10ce

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Some random quest idea
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 07:59:38 pm »
The idea is really cool. But arent the rewards just too good?

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
Sounds intresting!
you have my support :)

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 08:09:05 pm »
The idea is really cool. But arent the rewards just too good?

Added this to the description of the dagger: The dagger will degrade to nothing after 2500 hits. A new one can be acquired killing the Giant Scarab again. However, the drop will no longer be guaranteed. The dagger is untradeable and only one can be possessed at a time.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »
Sounds like a lovely idea but wouldn't this make kalphite queen too easy?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:37 pm »
Sounds like a lovely idea but wouldn't this make kalphite queen too easy?
Same stats as a Whip on the Kalphite Queen + anti prayers have no effect.
Doesn't sound that OP ???

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »
I'm liking the quest, but the rewards seem OP.  The dagger just seems too powerful, however I do like the sceptre which can teleport you in the desert :)

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »
I like the idea, support :P

Offline Lets Pk333

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 09:29:18 am »
good idea

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 05:49:08 pm »
Aye, you have my axe!
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 08:29:55 pm »
If you're gonna use {hr}, add some bold/bigger size titles with it too :kappa:

kek dialogue, You have my support.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 12:46:34 am »
I love the idea of new quests and this sounds very interesting indeed.

I support this.
Pages: 1