The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
Slaying barrow
« on: May 04, 2017, 08:59:49 pm »
I was thinking about adding barrows to the slayer system tasks,
The main idea of this suggestion to make the barrows more common among players.
This may lead to a drop in the barrows prices which is good for pkers and may encourage more people to pk.

Those tasks shouldn't take a long time, between 3 - 4 rounds each task (15 - 20) and should be assigned by Vannaka.
The following users liked this post: Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Slaying barrow
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:10:07 pm »
Sets other than the Dharok's are already pretty much worthless. Also making the price of Dharok's set cheaper will also cut in the profits of PKers. ALSO Barrows would be crap for slayer xp since the distance between each brother is so damn long. Let's keep slayer as a skill and not a minigame, shall we.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Land Rover 1

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:34:24 pm »
Sets other than the Dharok's are already pretty much worthless. Also making the price of Dharok's set cheaper will also cut in the profits of PKers. ALSO Barrows would be crap for slayer xp since the distance between each brother is so damn long. Let's keep slayer as a skill and not a minigame, shall we.

Saying any barrows set is useless besides dharok's is a strong statement, but also not true. Each set has a specific effect when worn, which can be used in/at variety of places. Bringing more Dharok's sets into the game will definitely bring the cost down, but in return make dharok pking more affordable to most players. which which would also slightly increase wilderness activity(Quantity over Quality ;D)

Those tasks shouldn't take a long time, between 3 - 4 rounds each task (15 - 20) and should be assigned by Vannaka.

12 - 18 barrow brother kills(2 - 3 chests) seems to be a better amount since it's not the quickest mini game, can be assigned by duradel as well since the barrows mini game is not so difficult.
The following users liked this post: Jandar

Offline H3lix

• Liked: 50 times
  • +0/-0
  • Il Pk I [01|May 10:35 pm]: lucifer was great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 06:43:57 am »

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 07:25:00 am »
I was thinking about adding barrows to the slayer system tasks,
The main idea of this suggestion to make the barrows more common among players.
This may lead to a drop in the barrows prices which is good for pkers and may encourage more people to pk.

Like Otto said, let's keep minigames and slayer separated, sorry but I have to disagree, I really don't see a point of this, slayer just had huge expansion and it works fine + the boost from boss tasks, I do not see why it should be pursued.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 08:59:09 am »

Saying any barrows set is useless besides dharok's is a strong statement, but also not true. Each set has a specific effect when worn, which can be used in/at variety of places. Bringing more Dharok's sets into the game will definitely bring the cost down, but in return make dharok pking more affordable to most players. which which would also slightly increase wilderness activity(Quantity over Quality ;D)

12 - 18 barrow brother kills(2 - 3 chests) seems to be a better amount since it's not the quickest mini game, can be assigned by duradel as well since the barrows mini game is not so difficult.

There's difference between worthless and useless. You can get a karil set for 2m but dharoks is 20m. I spoke nothing about the usefulness of each set. The question is, how much cheaper you want to make the Dharok's set at the expense of making the rest of the sets even cheaper?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:02:35 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 10:04:39 am »
If you want dh sets to be cheaper this isn't the suggestion that's going to do it. I wouldn't mind them being cheaper at all to be fair.

Rather than focussing on just bringing more sets into the game through kind of forcing people to do more barrows it's generally a better idea to focus on the other rewards. Nobody is going to enjoy getting the barrows pieces that aren't dharok's in their slayer tasks. Giving those more of a use would directly impact how much fun it is to do barrows.

I'd also like to bring up sort of a reroll option for chests at the cost of barrows pieces. This would automatically increase the value of all pieces without the need to rebalance the sets yet again. It would also sink pieces from the game, which would help them retain their value. Might write out this idea into a suggestion of it's own.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 10:43:49 am »
If you want dh sets to be cheaper this isn't the suggestion that's going to do it. I wouldn't mind them being cheaper at all to be fair.

Rather than focussing on just bringing more sets into the game through kind of forcing people to do more barrows it's generally a better idea to focus on the other rewards. Nobody is going to enjoy getting the barrows pieces that aren't dharok's in their slayer tasks. Giving those more of a use would directly impact how much fun it is to do barrows.

I'd also like to bring up sort of a reroll option for chests at the cost of barrows pieces. This would automatically increase the value of all pieces without the need to rebalance the sets yet again. It would also sink pieces from the game, which would help them retain their value. Might write out this idea into a suggestion of it's own.

Or, you know, the sets could be buffed. Verac's were 20m when people actually used them. If the only use of them would be to reroll rewards until dharok items, why even have them kept in-gsme? That's fucking retarded

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 11:01:02 am »
Or, you know, the sets could be buffed. Verac's were 20m when people actually used them. If the only use of them would be to reroll rewards until dharok items, why even have them kept in-gsme? That's fucking retarded
I wouldn't be against buffing unused sets or creating a place where they should be used. That's a lot more difficult to do though. I'll take that into consideration when writing the suggestion, thanks.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 12:26:23 pm »
I wouldn't be against buffing unused sets or creating a place where they should be used. That's a lot more difficult to do though. I'll take that into consideration when writing the suggestion, thanks.

If the Barrows pieces were to be used as reroll fodder at the minigame and their price would go up to, lets say, 2m each, I dont think too many players would even use them at point. Dharoks pieces are only 5m each, so if you wanted to actually profit from it, people would need to get Dharoks 50% of the time. (Current drop chance is 1/4) If we take into account the goal of reducing the price of Dharok items, the minigame would have to reward Dharok pieces 100% of the time to even break even. That's dumb and unrealistic. Spending money to give higher chance of getting a reward will only increase the prices.

As long as majority of the sets have absolutely no demand in the market, there's no point in going to Barrows over GWD. Even if you're midlevel player with a dragon set and anger baxe, it is more profitable to gather a small team and go Bandos. I'd even choose revs over Barrows.

"But there are other drops too!"
They'll fund the used supplies assuming they even sell. Do barrows for dragon darts lol, they're 10k each.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:31:37 pm by Someone12116 »
Pages: 1