The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Miuzu

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Slayer expansion
« on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:00 pm »
Everything we got in the past year was demon bosses and vyrewatches, which is getting rather stale. I suggest to add a slayer expansion to vary the tasks focused on high level players (70 - 99 slayer).

Currently, the problem I see with Shenven is that the tasks are meh, there's only little variety in bosses that you get and the point system is extremely unbalanced. 1k points for normal task that can take 1 hour and 4k points per boss task that can take 10 minutes?

My suggestions are these:

- Remove boss tasks completely or make the boss tasks a separate roll (let's say a 4% chance to get a boss task), which will give you a random boss to kill. Alternatively, you could choose between three options: Wilderness, Safe bosses and Hard bosses. Wilderness would be bosses in the wilderness, safe ones would be ones like KBD, Chronozon and Corp and hard bosses would be Nex and demons. To offset this chance, increase the amount that you get to kill or even give an option to choose how many you want to kill like in oldschool, except that the choice here would be from 10 to 30 kills.

- Add some of the dungeoneering bosses as solo-only task-only bosses in various parts of the map, similarly like the demon bosses. They shouldn't be hard to kill, and would drop alchables and supplies for herblore, gems, etc. Maybe even a rare drop that would boost some non-combat skill like magic secateurs, holy wrench or even skilling auras that are tradeable?

- Add a new slayer reward - a magnet. This would cost 40k points and could be attached to abyssal cape to give ava's effect. Might be too overpowered though.

Thoughts?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 08:49:59 pm »
- Add a new slayer reward - a magnet. This would cost 40k points and could be attached to abyssal cape to give ava's effect. Might be too overpowered though.
I actually made a bit more wider thread about a new magic cape not too long ago: https://emps-world.net/forum/feedback/capes/?~21377

- Add some of the dungeoneering bosses as solo-only task-only bosses in various parts of the map, similarly like the demon bosses. They shouldn't be hard to kill, and would drop alchables and supplies for herblore, gems, etc. Maybe even a rare drop that would boost some non-combat skill like magic secateurs, holy wrench or even skilling auras that are tradeable?
Quite a lot of them are already in use but there are still some left and I think we could add like 1 - 2 new "elite" slayer monsters in the future like ancient gladiator, abyssal watcher and ice demon are basically elite slayer monsters. I personally think the elite slayer monsters are quite nice concept.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
  • :3
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer expansion
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 03:21:27 pm »
Group bosses gave 100k-200k xp in past. Imagine how broken it was with double xp. Overall xp gain was nerfed by 90%. So i think it kinda evens it out. Shenven has no problems in my eyes as she can give you any boss task.
 Not sure what you mean by "little variety", when she offers to kill all of the existant bosses in game?
 Also getting a certain npc task has equal chance same as getting any other task. I dont think there are tasks that are more rare/common to get compared to others. Thats why getting a task has random roll and equal chance of receiving one certain or any other task.
 Slayer points have almost no use after being maxed so you can use the fact of "unbalanced" slayer point system to cancel all the tasks you dont like.
 Overall i dont see any issue with slayer/shenven atm. We got duo slayer, ability to extend tasks and now even proper extending task system in duo slayer as previously only one player was able to extend their task.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:42:41 pm by Iron 69 »
"Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:
Pages: 1