The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Skilling challenges in clue scrolls
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:37:12 am »
In osrs there is an npc called Sherlock, he will assign skilling challenges as the next step in your clue. I would like to see a similar functioning npc added to emps. It's an easy way to add more skill requirements to clue scrolls, which I don't think there are enough of. At least not ones that aren't 99 in a skill.

These skilling challenges are mostly doing some skilling related action once. Think of stuff like lighting a magic log or creating a potion. Some of them would require skilling materials and even if you don't have those banked they should be fairly quick to complete.
;
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns, S Clegane

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Skilling challenges in clue scrolls
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:06:37 pm »
Yes please, I was gonna suggest it myself together with replacing search clues with coordinates.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »
Killing certain monster with required slayer level is also an option. Or complete a game of Pest Control/Castle Wars.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »
Or complete a game of Pest Control/Castle Wars.

The actual challenge would be to either find friends to play with or create few alt accounts if you dont have yet to multi login with.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:58:55 pm »

The actual challenge would be to either find friends to play with or create few alt accounts if you dont have yet to multi login with.
True but potentially would arrange more use of minigames because right now they are mostly played 1 - 4 times per week and when it's double rewarding system on. Anyway, you speak truth.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »

True but potentially would arrange more use of minigames because right now they are mostly played 1 - 4 times per week and when it's double rewarding system on. Anyway, you speak truth.

There's also the zammy d hide clue and instead of people going to CW to get the set they choose to beg for it in GE ;D ;D
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 11:15:19 pm »

There's also the zammy d hide clue and instead of people going to CW to get the set they choose to beg for it in GE ;D ;D
Initiate set not always sold at GE, am i wrong? :D

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:42 pm »
New additions to the clues would be nice, eventhough I'd rather prefer another kind of puzzle.
Anything that lowers the chance on getting wildy scan clues is an improvement though.
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, Themarfish, Danielshapz, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 06:50:44 pm »
New additions to the clues would be nice, eventhough I'd rather prefer another kind of puzzle.
Anything that lowers the chance on getting wildy scan clues is an improvement though.
Agreed. Wildy scan clues are too sick to do and yet risky as well. People will try to kill you regardless of you being skulled/unskulled and carrying only one or more items with yourself. Not sure, but coordinates could be done as in osrs to simplify spot of digging though spawning random style user from god wars dungeon (Spiritual Ranger/Mage/Warrior).

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 09:31:31 pm »
In osrs there is an npc called Sherlock, he will assign skilling challenges as the next step in your clue. I would like to see a similar functioning npc added to emps. It's an easy way to add more skill requirements to clue scrolls, which I don't think there are enough of. At least not ones that aren't 99 in a skill.

These skilling challenges are mostly doing some skilling related action once. Think of stuff like lighting a magic log or creating a potion. Some of them would require skilling materials and even if you don't have those banked they should be fairly quick to complete.

Generally, the idea is very good, but I feel it falls off when you are maxed, although, with the account which has not any maxed skills, this feature would be acceptable and would add variations to completing clues.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Pages: 1