The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rework of Mini-Games - A new Mini-Game - A new Skill
« on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:37 pm »
I do know that mini-games are not that popular anymore. Every time a new mini-game is suggested, it gets denied by same people over and over again by saying "we do not have enough players for a new mini-game".
Yes, Emps-World does not have as many players as before. But we do have enough players to keep the mini-games running everyday (thanks to all the hard grinding ironmen out there). We also should not forget that a mini-game is judged by its rewards and let's be honest here... Most of the rewards are a waste of time for normal players.

What we will need is an overall rework of the mini-games (shops included). But that is not all. To promote mini-games even more, there will be a new skill to make sure the mini-games will get the attention they deserve.

I have posted various topics about the changes that I think that need to be done in order to revive the mini-games. This time, I will fuse all the thoughts and ideas I had and post them in this topic while adding the new skill.

Let's start by reworking the mini-games!

Castle-Wars

I still think reviving the classic mini-game Emps-Wars is the best solution, but this will not happen. This is my suggestion of how to make this game more enjoyable.
In order to win this mini-game, you will need to steal the flags of your enemies. The goal is simple, but so is the current game. Most of the time, all the players run to the enemy base and take the flags one by one. Even though it is a "PvP" based mini-game, there is basically no fighting between players because it is not efficient. People who attack other players often get raged at for being a "troll".

My idea is it to make this mini-game a PvM based mini-game. The goal will be the same, but with new features. Let's talk throug the mini-game step by step.

1. You enter the portal and get placed into a team.
2. You get teleported to your base and can pick-up bandages.
3. You leave the barrier and try to get to the enemy base.
4. You can only use the "normal" way (the underground is blocked for you yet)
5. The castle including all floors and the island will be multi-target areas. The normal land-scape will be a single-target area.
6. In the centre of the map, you will see, that everything is full of barricades. I order to get to the second half of the map, you will need to make your way through. You will be attacked by the rangers and wizards of the enemy team while you make your way through. You see one of the enemy players and you try to attack him. You cannot! Yes, you heard it right. You will be no longer able to attack the enemy players. Once you made your way through the barricades and cross the second bridge, a big wave of warriors will target you. Since this is single-target aready, only one warrior will attack you. But do not worry. There are enough warriors for everyone and they know their business. They will have the same strength as now, but they will be able to ignore your prayers with the same chance as Verac, the defiled.
7. You can use the stepping stones to get to the other half of the map, but you will need an agility level of 85 (active membership) and a warrior will be waiting for you as well.
8. Once you open the doors of the enemy castle and enter their territory, the wizards and rangers will attack you and their attacks will hit all enemies at same time (aoe arrows and spells). You climb up the stairs and see one warrior as well as a new barricade blocking your way to the next floor. The warrior will have somekind of an earthquake attack that stuns players for 5-10 seconds. Using anti-melee pray is highly recommended. The barricade will have 1000 hitpoints and cannot be damaged by the warrior. The next floor will be a by-pass to the top floor where the flag is located at.
9. You take the flag and realize that you start bleeding (1 hitpoint/second). You will try to use the same way where you came from, but you cannot. You can only use the underground this time. You will come across the rocks, but you cannot mine them. Holding a flag results in you not being able to do any other actions, but running. You will not even be able to use the bandages you have in your inventory. But that is why you got your team behind you who can heal you, right? Your team mates will also mine the rocks for you so you can move on. In the centre of the map, there will be couple "Thomy" NPCs waiting for your arrival. A team mate should run ahead and tank the Thomys for you. If you die with the flag, the flag will return to the top floor of the enemy castle. Whether you choose to climb up the ladder or keep using the underground to get back to your base is up to you. The game is won after 5 flags have been stolen and succesfully returned to your base.
10. The amount of tickets you get will be based of how much "damage" you have done to the enemies. Returning the flag gives you 1000 damage. The maximum amount of damage you can get every game is 5000. This equals 50 tickets. Winning the game will give you 25 additonal tickets. Losing the game gives you 10 additional tickets.

The reward shop will be reworked with new prices and items.

Pest Control

This mini-game is played by "farming" the portals for maximum damage. Everyone who does not do that, gets heavily flamed. In order to make this a team based mini-game many things will need to be changed...

1. The Void Knight will no longer be targeted by NPCs. From now on he will lose 1 hitpoint everytime a player dies. Taking food with you is recommended.
2. The goal will be the same as before: Destroy all portals before the void knight dies.
3. NPCs will need a rework of their abilities:
Shifters get a new spawn location (portal) and they ignore prayers.
Spinners will never lose focus -> heal portal till the end (even if you attack them).
Splatters will follow you (no attack move) and lose 1 health every second until they die (they only deal damage to players).
Torchers additionally freeze you (10% chance) for 3 seconds.
Ravagers will be removed from the mini-game.
Defilers will hit faster and more accurate while having less damage
Brawlers will hit less.
4. Only one portal will be "open" at a time. Destroying a portal makes all NPCs stronger and they will spawn faster.
Shifters deal more damage and hit more accurate.
Spinners heal more and have more hp.
Splatters lose health even faster and deal more damage.
Torchers can additionally freeze you for 6/9/12 seconds for every destroyed portal.
Defilers get more accuracy.
Brawlers will have more hp.
5. Destroy all portals to win the game. The amount of tickets you get will be based on the damage you deal. 2500 is the limit resulting in 25 tickets. Damage done on the portal is multiplied by 3. Winning the game gives you 10 bonus tickets. Losing the game gives you 0 bonus tickets. The top 3 players with most damage done get +1, +2, +3 additional tickets.

The reward shop will be reworked with new prices and new items.

Soul Wars

How to get there?
Enter the portal located between Edgeville and Barbarian Village to teleport to the Soul-Wars 'area'.

How to start the mini-game?

Enter the portal (no capes allowed) to randomly get placed into a team (saradomin or zamorak).
Once you have got enough players (atleast 5 in each team), the countdown will begin (30 seconds). After that, all players will spawn inside their graveyard and the game begins.

How to win the game?

The goal is simple. Kill the enemy's boss  known as Avatar of Creation and Avatar of Destruction before they do. You will have 15-20 minutes to do that but that won't as simple as it sounds.

Anyways, at the beginning of the game the boss is invicible. He will have a combat level requirement of 150 to get attacked. To lower his combat level requirement, you need to collect soul fragments which will be dropped by two NPCs (spots marked as orange and green in the screenshot). The weaker npc will drop 1 fragment and the stronger npc will drop 2 fragments.

The area around these npcs will be single-target combat. However, everything else will be multi-target combat and this where the interesting part kicks in.
Once you collect some soul fragments, you need to sacrifice them to the obelisk in the middle of the map. Since this is a war and multi-target area, you can possibly die.
Do not worry, you will not lose any items except all the soul fragments you have collected. These fragments can be picked up by any other player since they appear visible for everyone at the moment you lose them. As soon as you use your fragments on the obilisk, the combat level requirement gets lower by the amount of fragments your team has sacrified.
But that is not everything. The lower the combat level of the boss gets, the weaker he becomes as well. Calculating how much time and fragments are needed compared to your team's damage output is the key to victory.

There will be a scoreboard that shows you the following things:
- team names (saradomin and zamorak)
- combat level of the bosses
- fragments sacrified
- hp of the bosses
(optional)
- time left

Some of you might have seen the capturable graveyards in the screenshot. They will have a usage as well.
The team that has more soul fragments sacrified captures the graveyard which is close to their base. This means upon death the 'winning' team(based on sacrified soul fragments) will spawn at their 'new' graveyard while the 'losing' team spawns at their base.
As harsh as it might sound for the losing team, there is still hope because they will have a closer way to their supply area, which means they stock up (bandages, explosive potions and barricades) faster and can possibly get back into the game by killing the enemy's attackers.

The Boss:

The strength of both bosses as well as their abilities will be equal. The only difference they will have is their appearance.
The total strength of each boss will depend on two factors: How many people are inside the game and what is their combat level.
Their appearence, as well as their abilities can be discussed here.

Rewards:

The team that kills the boss first wins the game and is granted with 8 zeal points (ZP). The losing team will get only 4 ZP. A draw results in 6 ZP for everyone.
The 3 highest damage dealers to the boss from the winner team will be rewarded with +1, +2, +3 extra tickets.

A reward shop with new items will be added.

New Skill: Mini-Games

Easy and simple. You will get xp while playing mini-games. But there will be more. Many rewards obtained from the mini-games will have lvl requirement. Basically, if you want to wear ava's accumulator, you will additionally need a mini-games level of 50.

A formula of how much experience you get at which mini-game will need to be thought of, but it should be based on the amount of tickets and stardust, tokkuls (and whatever gets added in the future) you get.

A skill based on playing mini-games will force players to play it in order to get their max cape or being able to wear certain items. The mini-games should have a huge collection of items for skillers and normal players.

I am open for suggestions which items could get added to the reward shops.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:49:44 pm by Eddie1408 »
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Eliminator, Iron Bart

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rework of Mini-Games - A new Mini-Game - A new Skill
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:17 pm »
I personally don't think that Castle-Wars needs to be reworked, atleast not like this.
Your suggestions for CW and PC would remove the possibility to play on lower lvl accounts (or skiller accounts), since they can't do anything.
I would be fine with the PC changes, but currently it's lacking options for low lvls. They would be a liability instead, since void would lose hp each time they die.

Soul wars however seems interesting, I'd like to see it.

Fyi, mini-games are popular when double tickets are activated. Without them no-one's interested. In my opinion, we need better rewards for minigames. There are already enough avas, voids etc ingame and most players just don't need anything from the minigames anymore (especially higher lvls).

Minigame based skill could temporarily increase the activity, but when it's maxed we end up with the same situation. We could have a level that decreases over time, so you would have to constantly play them, but this might not be liked.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »
A skill based on playing mini-games will force players to play it in order to get their max cape or being able to wear certain items. The mini-games should have a huge collection of items for skillers and normal players.

Idk if it's good idea to force players to play content THEY DONT'T ENJOY so they can wear pieces of equipment they were previously able to wear freely.

IMO a much better way of making would be to make the minigames actually enjoyable. Like getting rid of the farming for pc tokens shit, it results into nothing but people flaming each other during the games. The old emps-wars back in scape was also way more enjoyable than the flag capturing we currently have. Also, #MakeVoidUntradeableAgain and XP rewards to both minigames.

Offline Skrillex123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:19:37 pm »
HELL NO .

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »
I agree with the minigame skill and how it affects gaining tickets, Idc for castle wars, but preventing low level players wouldn't do any good you know.
Pages: 1