The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reset the servers?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 07:23:44 am »
Can someone please remind me what problems can a reset fix ? ( that can't be fixed on other ways )

EDIT : For real guys, can someone make a list ? ( You are free to include HD water there just saying )
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:05:36 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 03:15:19 pm »
Can someone please remind me what problems can a reset fix ? ( that can't be fixed on other ways )

EDIT : For real guys, can someone make a list ? ( You are free to include HD water there just saying )
The gap between rich player and average
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:31 pm »
The problem is this gap will reappear and you will have the same problems again.
However, I don't see a problem in resetting everyones items in world 2 simply to see how many players will come back. If it doesnt work out then just delete the world and things will go on as always and you will have actually have a proof for upcoming suggestions of reseting the server that it wont work out. I dont see any downsides to it. Even if it does not work out then we will probably gain some players.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Bluesunrunne

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 04:35:05 pm »

A reset won't teach shitty players to play better.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Est Mauler, Earl, Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane

Online Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »

That's how life is, its something that will happen with less than a month later.

The problem is this gap will reappear and you will have the same problems again.
However, I don't see a problem in resetting everyones items in world 2 simply to see how many players will come back. If it doesnt work out then just delete the world and things will go on as always and you will have actually have a proof for upcoming suggestions of reseting the server that it wont work out. I dont see any downsides to it. Even if it does not work out then we will probably gain some players.

You guys again with your suggestions, I do respect your idea however you're trying things out that could waste hours of their life for nothing.

Yes it is a game And YES they did chose to play the game however you can't simply remove everything and tell them that.
if thomy opens W2, some players might donate to help the project to stay alive or even spend hours of their life playing the game then a month later you tell them that the project failed and everything they have done is gone ?

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:10 am »

A reset won't teach shitty players to play better.
That's a fact. Unless players get through their heads that if you want something - you work for it. Same works in real life.

Offline Kaarel 123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 04:27:01 am »

You guys again with your suggestions, I do respect your idea however you're trying things out that could waste hours of their life for nothing.

Yes it is a game And YES they did chose to play the game however you can't simply remove everything and tell them that.
if thomy opens W2, some players might donate to help the project to stay alive or even spend hours of their life playing the game then a month later you tell them that the project failed and everything they have done is gone ?
I was thinking more of like a week or 2 weeks at most (if things wont work out). Then afterwards we can integrate them into the actual W1 game by perhaps transfering their items to W1.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Online Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 09:51:19 am »

I was thinking more of like a week or 2 weeks at most (if things wont work out). Then afterwards we can integrate them into the actual W1 game by perhaps transfering their items to W1.

Once the gap appear again these players will leave ( The gap will appear that is a fact since most of them only want to stake )
however 1 week or 2 might not be enough to see the results, eventho its still a lot of time and I doubt ppl will try it when they can simply use w1 instead.

People do want the change however if every person that wants a change starts from himself, then we can succeed otherwise we are wasting everyone else time.

W2 you guys are suggesting is already ing as an Iron-man mode, where you have to work for everything your self and enjoy the game.

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:31 am »
Honestly the game is already dead so it couldn't get worse imho.

If anything it will make the game more competetive for the top 5.

edit

if a reset was to happen a lot of work would have to be done beforehand (fixing drop tables, implementing item sinks etc)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:02:51 pm by Earl »
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare

Offline Kaarel 123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36:27 pm »

I was more pointing into the direction of getting players who dont play emps anymore back to the server. Sure the gap will reappear but my point was getting those people back to playing world 1 instead of world 2. So its instead a more of an advertising idea to get players playing again. A lot of people wont come over to w1 but some will and its already a win. It would also shine the light on how many people actually play with a server reset. I doubt it will require a lot of development time considering how drastic the change is and how much potential it could have.

Once the gap appear again these players will leave ( The gap will appear that is a fact since most of them only want to stake )
however 1 week or 2 might not be enough to see the results, eventho its still a lot of time and I doubt ppl will try it when they can simply use w1 instead.

People do want the change however if every person that wants a change starts from himself, then we can succeed otherwise we are wasting everyone else time.

W2 you guys are suggesting is already ing as an Iron-man mode, where you have to work for everything your self and enjoy the game.

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 06:50:18 pm »
This has gone for too long, the server will not be reset.
The following users liked this post: King125
Pages: 1 2