The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Nilsolavcool

• Liked: 6 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Reset the servers?
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »
I think if we reset the servers, wiping all the stats and giving it a fresh start would make people eager to play again.
I'm wondering if you at emps-world headquarters have considered this.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Reset the servers?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »
Been suggested numerous times before. Even though this idea is a no go, You still got my support.  ;)

I do realize that a global account / economy reset could work out, but I'm pretty sure that this is just going to make the game even less popular. We're not just going to reset the game, because something isn't working out. Some people have put years of work into their accounts. I won't just wipe out the account database (we have backups :kappa:).

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:53:21 pm »
The problem here is that people suggesting this have most of the time completely trash accounts and thus lose fucking nothing if the server was reset. That's why this will never solve anything because there are simply too many players who would be demotivated by losing billions of XP gained over a decade or so.
The following users liked this post: Ravioli

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »
I think if we reset the servers, wiping all the stats and giving it a fresh start would make people eager to play again.
I'm wondering if you at emps-world headquarters have considered this.

I don't know if you guys whoever agree on this has ever checked this page

it might look just some numbers there, however it also defines the hours these players spent playing this game, not to mention the cash people spent on this game.

Refund them and reset the server.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:07:31 pm »
lol @ ameer, refund what? Only thing spent on that total level is time and how do you imagine one refunding time spent on emps?

I also was pro reset a while back but i think it was Otto who said that if nothing in the game gets changed then we will end up in exactly the same place a few months later. And that made me realise that reset would be a temporary solution to a bigger problem.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »
lol @ ameer, refund what? Only thing spent on that total level is time and how do you imagine one refunding time spent on emps?

That's the point my friend,

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Im Plsnorush

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:47:26 pm »

https://imgur.com/pGbofml.png

Why would you bring up refunds then? To make his suggestion look ridiculous without actually giving any constructive criticism?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 08:04:38 pm »
The time consumed for progress and ing cash spent on supplies or etc. Is their own choice. Nobody forced that on them. Eventually, they will get bored/demotivated at some point with a bunch of billions exp to stick around their accounts in high-scores. For some it has reason, for some it doesn't. I'm sure Thomy knows what's best for server already.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 09:10:19 pm »
emps-world headquarters
sounds better than Thomy's bedroom

how do you imagine one refunding time spent on emps?
The following users liked this post: Im Plsnorush

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 09:57:32 pm »
As said before, this is just a temporary solution to a bigger problem. I don't think this will help, it will most likely do the opposite and make people leave the server. I have high hopes for this new voting system that's going to be implemented soon, hopefully we can see some good results in a few years.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:21 am »

https://imgur.com/pGbofml.png

Why would you bring up refunds then? To make his suggestion look ridiculous without actually giving any constructive criticism?

His point is that since time is impossible to ''refund'', resetting all progress to end up in the same exact situation 2 months later will do absolutely nothing but waste a massive amount of time of bunch people.

''ermahgerd let's reset only the items and cash on every account hurrdurr''
To that I say we would be in the same situation in less than a week since high level supplies would be entering the game on day 1.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 12:15:18 pm »
Imo, when one of those top 2 nerdz aka skillz purez and lv persavoz get 250m xp in every skill. They should fulfill the prophecy.

Thomy should send the first one a gift worthy 2,5k$$+ for being the first one in over 10 years to max out every skill xp wise. He should also send them condoms. Cause when they got max xp. They will need it for the real life.

Aaaaand theeeen. The winner should get the final vote for putting down the server forever. Or just whipe it. Its destined to happend. Its the prophecy.
The following users liked this post: Skillz Purez, Earl, Bluesunrunne

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 06:06:16 pm »
Resetting this server is pointless because it has nothing to keep players in the first place. I'm also sure that the majority of the current players only play the game because they still have their items or rank. Once their status is gone (e.g. from a server reset), they would quit as well. Stakers are an exception because even if they have nothing, they still think that they will get rich someday.

The same goes for voting or advertising in general. Why bother when you cannot make people stay? Yes, the playercount might go up in the next few weeks/months just because of the curiosity of the newcomers. But they will leave just as fast as they have joined.

Adding new mid game content such as demon bones is just another waste of time, especially when the majority (~90%) of the online players are level 120+.

Just out of curiosity, how would you describe or advertise world to your friends?
- Challenging RSPS?
- Unique custom items?
- HD water?
- Auras?

Does anything of that (except HD water :kappa:) sound interesting to you?
Why join a RSPS for a challenge when you can play RS? All the other features World is known for are just a cheap version of RS3.

If you check out the succesful servers you will see they all have many similarities.
- OSRS or 474 source
- easy xp rates
- gambling (RNG)
- "pay2win"
- all types of ranks
- many pkers

I am not a fan of all of their features, but world does not have any of them. Also, simply copying some of their features would be the end for world as well, because of the state this server is currently at.

Thomy, you should have worked on an OSRS based version last year already and used your money to promote the launch of OSES instead of asking Mary for new custom designs or the new guy to advertise a dead game. But we all know that you cannot live with the fact, that these ideas are coming from me, one of the few members who cared for the server the most.

Isn't it funny that the guy who was against opening OSES the most does not play world either anymore. Also funny how the majority of the players who suggested things to be changed in the previous "Future of Emps" discussions do not play the game as well anymore and guess what, it will be the same in a half year.

It is not to late to work on OSES. But I am also certain that you will mess it up by making a server that you or the current community will like (Emps-World LUL) and asking me or some other players for their ideas is a no-go because of your ego.

Have a nice day

p.s. banning me from shoutbox for saying that world is dead indirectly was the best thing you have done. Now the leftover shoutbox users who do not play the game either can freely chat about whatever they want except for emps. :pogchamp:

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 06:47:48 pm »
Gotta agree with Junkz, he has probably best points out there. And, add up the fact - players grow up, priorities change...

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 05:57:10 am »
It kills the server, not helping alot, But it kinda help by fresh start for new players or tho,

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease
Pages: 1 2