The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
"Remove Post" option.
« on: January 13, 2015, 01:07:22 am »
Bring it back pls.

Wanted to delete my post from http://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=4505.0 because I didn't realise it was a dig and now I can't remove it... :'(
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro

Mod Mary

Re: "Remove Post" option.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:15:19 am »
No, i've had users deleting quite important posts, so it'll be up to forum moderation to remove them now if necessary.

Problem is we have absolutely no log or trace of whatsoever when a user removes his own post.

Offline H A R L E Y

• Liked: 64 times
  • +0/-0
  • Just an old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:57:59 am »
why can we not remove our own posts? seems like kind of a joke that we can't... if anything it lightens the work load slightly for staff, and who cares if someone deletes a post and you have no logs on it? it would be gone so it doesn't matter.

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:03:37 am »
Disagree for moderation purposes. If we infract someone for breaking a rule in a forum post, and then they delete it, there's no proof then. That could lead to a lot of problems.

Offline H A R L E Y

• +0/-0
  • Just an old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:11:43 am »
Disagree for moderation purposes. If we infract someone for breaking a rule in a forum post, and then they delete it, there's no proof then. That could lead to a lot of problems.
the infraction would have already been made, the post that the person was infracted for should be locked or deleted anyway so makes no difference

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 03:17:03 am »
the infraction would have already been made, the post that the person was infracted for should be locked or deleted anyway so makes no difference

You can't lock a post. I get what you're saying, though.

Still disagreeing, though. Players were never able to remove their posts, why should they now? No reason really. Just edit your post.

Offline H A R L E Y

• +0/-0
  • Just an old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 05:13:32 am »

Still disagreeing, though. Players were never able to remove their posts, why should they now? No reason really. Just edit your post.
if we can edit we should be able to delete.

Mod Mary

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:44 am »

if we can edit we should be able to delete.
You cannot edit a locked topic as user, also we have garbage for a reason: to log posts for moderation reasons (usually)
Just being able to remove a whole topic with user replies just because you made the OT, and without a trace is something that is not very handy.

Offline Neon Pegasus

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:41 am »
So what about you make a screenshot of the abuse? Then you can make your own proof and just add it into your punishment history. Then we would be able to delete our topics or replies and you guys would still have your proof in case someone deletes proof :)
They can take your glitter, but they can't take away your sparkle

Mod Mary

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47:47 am »
So what about you make a screenshot of the abuse? Then you can make your own proof and just add it into your punishment history. Then we would be able to delete our topics or replies and you guys would still have your proof in case someone deletes proof :)
Not just because of moderation purposes, for example I saw a pretty important bug report/feedback topic somewhere that I knew Estpure16 posted it, it also had a few replies.
The next morning i was not able to find it at all, not even in estpure's post log. So he deleted it (mod didn't delete it else it would be logged).

The cons far outweight the benefits of less moderation for us. Just request it to be removed if you accidentally replied somewhere you didn't wanna reply, or let us move your topic to garbage if you didn't plan on posting it.
The following users liked this post: Neon Pegasus

Offline Neon Pegasus

• Liked: 29 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 11:57:33 am »
Not just because of moderation purposes, for example I saw a pretty important bug report/feedback topic somewhere that I knew Estpure16 posted it, it also had a few replies.
The next morning i was not able to find it at all, not even in estpure's post log. So he deleted it (mod didn't delete it else it would be logged).

The cons far outweight the benefits of less moderation for us. Just request it to be removed if you accidentally replied somewhere you didn't wanna reply, or let us move your topic to garbage if you didn't plan on posting it.
Yeah al right I see your point here, thanks for clearing it out! I just guessed it would be really annoying for staff-members to be busy with such not important matters, while u guys have to do much more important work then just deleting posts. Emps-world is gaining players everyday, imagine 50 ppl asking you to delete their posts  :o
They can take your glitter, but they can't take away your sparkle

Mod Mary

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »

Yeah al right I see your point here, thanks for clearing it out! I just guessed it would be really annoying for staff-members to be busy with such not important matters, while u guys have to do much more important work then just deleting posts. Emps-world is gaining players everyday, imagine 50 ppl asking you to delete their posts  :o
It really doesn't happen that much and it's just one click for us
The more players, the more staff members there will be available to do moderation too.

Locked.
Pages: 1