The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Removal of double xp scrolls and introduction of bonus xp system
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:39 pm »
Purpose behind this idea is to make double xp system as a whole more expandable feature and have more options in the future.
Double xp could be used as a reward from voting (if it's ever re-introduced), reward from something community releated (i.e "well of goodwill" -> deposit gp and once a certain milestone is reached double xp can be turned on for some time -> gold sink!) etc... whatever comes to your mind.

My idea would be to completely remove double xp scrolls from the donator shop and introduce "bonus xp scrolls" to replace them. Would have to introduce the whole bonus xp system as well.
They still function the same but they are far more "casual" user friendly, might even become more overpowered than the current scrolls. If they're changed to function like this you wouldn't be "time locked" anymore. You can go do something else if you get bored instead of being forced to sit one hour straight at your computer. You wouldn't feel bad if you accidentally waste half of your dxp scroll or suddenly need to leave and end up wasting the whole scroll.

How do bonus xp scrolls work?
Simple: Pick a skill you want to get bonus xp in and once chosen you'll consume the scroll granting you an x amount of bonus xp in that skill.
I.e You pick agility to put your bonus xp into and then you would get 300k bonus xp in agility skill. For the next 300k xp your agility xp is doubled. (Example amounts)

What this would also mean is that you would be able to store bonus xp in a skill, consume 10 scrolls and put all the bonus xp into a single skill and gain 3m bonus xp in that skill. (Or multiple)
Of course you would be able to only consume 1 scroll at once so you don't accidentally consume the whole stack in a single skill.

Thoughts? Questions? Yay or nay? And why?

Offline Ravioli

• Liked: 285 times
  • +0/-0
  • :)
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of double xp scrolls and introduction of bonus xp system
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:41:44 pm »
This could also increase the amount of rares in-game because atm people only buy dxp because it has the best EC to GP ratio, meaning you make the most money from them. Abyssal dyes and other such items are really left out.

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 05:36:41 pm »
let's try it
it's a yay from me

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:29:28 pm »
DXP WEEKENDS
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:31:50 pm »
-
Yeah that would be one thing that would be possible if this was changed. Double experience weekend could be a reward from anything that is community releated.
Some voting goal in Facebook or anything like that, well of good will? You're familiar with that but instead of it being a charity thing for us it would be a gold (idk about item?) sink. Everyone can participate and contribute towards a certain goal.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 12:01:55 am »
-
Yeah that would be one thing that would be possible if this was changed. Double experience weekend could be a reward from anything that is community releated.
Some voting goal in Facebook or anything like that, well of good will? You're familiar with that but instead of it being a charity thing for us it would be a gold (idk about item?) sink. Everyone can participate and contribute towards a certain goal.

I'd just like to have the old system back to give me a reason to log into Emps on weekends over RS, Warframe or the other 50+ games I have on Steam. The bonus would also be the exact same whether you're rich or poor in Emps, rich or poor IRL (I'm sad I even have to say that) or a new or an old player.
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 04:07:49 am »
When I was trying to max out my account I bought multiple tickets, there were many times where I had to log out due to emergencies and I would lose on loads of dxp time....

I love this idea and think it would be a great addition to the game.

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 12:16:19 am »
If the double exp scrolls are to be removed from the donator shop, won't the server not make/lose a lot of potential donations? They are pretty hot right now, there are quite a lot being bought. What do you think?
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 07:13:06 am »
If the double exp scrolls are to be removed from the donator shop, won't the server not make/lose a lot of potential donations? They are pretty hot right now, there are quite a lot being bought. What do you think?
Yes I realize that and this would potentially make them even more popular because now you can instantly consume them without having to plan when and how you're going to use that 1 hour.
Edit: As in more consumption of scrolls -> hopefully even more demand and thus hopefully more supply. (donations)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:50:06 am by Jp »
Pages: 1