The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bad Fight

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
  • Many like to dream, but only some like to act
    • View Profile
Quests,Events,Scrolls and Puzzels
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:52:37 pm »
So I've been thinking a bit lately;we use less than half of the original map, and it really serves no point, atm. Lately, there have been a few updates that added new mobs to the map, but that's about it. It would be really nice if we found some use to this empty map of ours. My suggestion is that we should add more quests. Also, rewards for some quests could be EXP or a right to wear an item. I think that that makes the game more challenging.
As for events, we only have the falling star event. I think that we should add at least two more events that have unique prizes. Tbh, I don't know what the events should be; perhaps one could be a puzzle event. It would be nice if these events covered the whole map. Lastly, we should introduce Clue Scrolls. I know that this has been brought up quite a bit, but I'll bring it up once again.
I'm a fan of clue scrolls. The clue scrolls could be unlocked with quests, and they could offer some unique loot or new items. I don't think that everyone likes treasure hunting as much as I do, but it would be a nice addition to the game.
Now I know that this sounds a bit like OSRS but I'm just sharing my ideas. I'm not saying this because I want them in the game;I'm saying this because I think that the community would like these additions.
And that's about it. Thank you for your time.
All comments and ideas are welcome!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:51:26 am by Bad Fight »

Offline Bad Fight

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Quests,Events,Scrolls and Puzzels
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:08 pm »
If I have some spelling or grammar mistakes, please bring them up so I can fix them :)

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 10:09:10 pm »
People.need.to.be.more.active.towards.quest.and.actually.come.up.with.a.solid.quest(and.its.deatails)themselves.not.suggest.someone.to.implement.them.

1-2.quests.wont.be.added.cause.its.too.much.coding.for.something.that.doesnt.serve.its.purpose.

maybe.super.simplified.clues.would.be.a.good.idea???

spread.monsters.a.bit.more.not.just.add.them.into.existing.dungeons.etcetc
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:11:00 pm by Drugs »

Mary

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 12:48:15 am »
Quests are very low on the priority list because they are one-time content for every player, and this type of content is very hard and extensive to make. Hence why it's not worth making most quests over lets say a minigame or new boss/type of monster.

I agree with events and clue scrolls, and i'm pretty sure they would come in the future. They are a nice distraction within the regular gameplay.

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:26 am »
I'm really just here to correct your grammar, but I'll add something to the discussion:  Mary is correct about quests, and there won't be any coming anytime soon, by the looks of things; I think that clue scrolls are a good idea, so I'm not sure why we haven't added them yet (perhaps too much work); events can always be beneficial additions to the game, but they're a hassle to add.

So I've been thinking a bit lately; we use less than half of the original map, and it really serves no point, atm. Lately, there have been a few updates that added new mobs to the map, but that's about it. It would be really nice if we found some use for this empty map of ours. My suggestion is that we should add more quests. Also, rewards for some quests could be EXP or a right to wear an item. I think that that makes the game more challenging.
As for events, we only have the falling star event. I think that we should add at least two more events that have some unique prizes. Tbh, I don't know what the events should be; perhaps one could be a puzzle event. It would be nice if these events covered the whole map.
Lastly, we should introduce clue scrolls.  I know that this has been brought up quite a bit, but I'm bringing it up once again.
I'm a fan of clue scrolls. The clue scrolls could be unlocked with quests, and they could offer some unique loot or new items. I don't think that everyone likes treasure hunting as much as I do, but it would be a nice addition to the game.
I know that this sounds a bit like OSRS, but I'm just sharing my ideas. I'm not saying this because I want them in the game; I'm saying this because I think that the community would like these additions.
As requested, I quickly brushed through fixing grammatical errors and adjusting a few minor things.  I avoided tampering with the phrasing; otherwise, I would have ended up rewriting most of the suggestion.  If I did that, you wouldn't be able to recognize your grammatical mistakes because I would have written around them.

PM me if you have questions.

I hope that I don't fall victim to McKean's Law.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:49:16 am by Fate »
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight

Offline Bad Fight

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 06:26:35 am »
People.need.to.be.more.active.towards.quest.and.actually.come.up.with.a.solid.quest(and.its.deatails)themselves.not.suggest.someone.to.implement.them.

1-2.quests.wont.be.added.cause.its.too.much.coding.for.something.that.doesnt.serve.its.purpose.

maybe.super.simplified.clues.would.be.a.good.idea???

spread.monsters.a.bit.more.not.just.add.them.into.existing.dungeons.etcetc
I was expecting a comment like this. I've already came up with a few quest ideas, otherwise I would've not mentioned them in the first place. But looks like quests won't be added anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:30:19 am by Bad Fight »

Offline Bad Fight

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 06:57:56 am »
I'm really just here to correct your grammar, but I'll add something to the discussion:  Mary is correct about quests, and there won't be any coming anytime soon, by the looks of things; I think that clue scrolls are a good idea, so I'm not sure why we haven't added them yet (perhaps too much work); events can always be beneficial additions to the game, but they're a hassle to add.

So I've been thinking a bit lately; we use less than half of the original map, and it really serves no point, atm. Lately, there have been a few updates that added new mobs to the map, but that's about it. It would be really nice if we found some use for this empty map of ours. My suggestion is that we should add more quests. Also, rewards for some quests could be EXP or a right to wear an item. I think that that makes the game more challenging.
As for events, we only have the falling star event. I think that we should add at least two more events that have some unique prizes. Tbh, I don't know what the events should be; perhaps one could be a puzzle event. It would be nice if these events covered the whole map.
Lastly, we should introduce clue scrolls.  I know that this has been brought up quite a bit, but I'm bringing it up once again.
I know that this sounds a bit like OSRS, but I'm just sharing my ideas. I'm not saying this because I want them in the game; I'm saying this because I think that the community would like these additions.
As requested, I quickly brushed through fixing grammatical errors and adjusting a few minor things.  I avoided tampering with the phrasing; otherwise, I would have ended up rewriting most of the suggestion.  If I did that, you wouldn't be able to recognize your grammatical mistakes because I would have written around them.

PM me if you have questions.

I hope that I don't fall victim to McKean's Law.
Thanks a lot :) . I wrote this on my phone at 1:00 AM so I had quite a few mistakes. At least there were no spelling mistakes. I like to speak in riddles that's why the build up is weird. Thanks for the feedback :)
The following users liked this post: Fate

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 11:25:04 am »
I'm only gonna talk about clue scrolls.

While clue scrolls themselves aren't a very bad idea, the chances of them becoming dead content are quite high, there are various reasons for this. First off, many of our players are not familiar with RS, and thus don't know of clue scrolls, if they got one, they wouldn't know what it is nor what to do with it. Rewards are also an issue, most of the original clue rewards are already in another place, if there aren't many rewards players would want from clues then nobody is gonna even bother doing them. If there are decent rewards for the clues, those will end up stacking up due to the lack of item sinks and clues won't be worth your time because the items aren't worth much. They will take up a lot of development time, we'd need to make sure they won't become dead content before development even starts.

Sorry, but I disagree with adding clue scrolls.

I am all for more events though. Evil tree could be a farming/woodcutting/firemaking event, I think this has already been suggested. We could also branch out on what we currently have. Shooting star could use some more rewards. And lastly, if you have ideas for what you're suggesting, please put them in your post in order to convince people. It makes a big difference.
;
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight, Kaarel 123, Hazerofdoom

Offline Hazerofdoom

• Liked: 56 times
  • +0/-0
  • Spiders scare me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 01:31:50 pm »
I am all for more events though. Evil tree could be a farming/woodcutting/firemaking event, I think this has already been suggested. We could also branch out on what we currently have. Shooting star could use some more rewards. And lastly, if you have ideas for what you're suggesting, please put them in your post in order to convince people. It makes a big difference.

This, so much this.
More random events will be such a blessing for interactivity and fun things to do.
Shooting star is amazing, however the rewards aren't very good for the cost / time invested -- except for d.pickaxe.
The lamp is useless as you can get 1k mining exp from one ore, and it costs 50 stardust (which isn't too bad but still pretty meh)
The ring is 5% bonus .. not very good unless on 2xp but still that's only 10% increase in exp - costs 1.5k stardust which is in my opinion way too much.

Having more unique rewards would be awesome.
Possibly things that are even just cosmetic, like a star sprite pet that follows you around.
Seriously, who wouldn't want a mini version of this following you around.
Need help about an issue like account and item recovery?
Make a helpdesk ticket!

Want information about something in game?
The wiki is exactly for that!

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 02:41:33 pm »

While clue scrolls themselves aren't a very bad idea, the chances of them becoming dead content are quite high, there are various reasons for this. First off, many of our players are not familiar with RS, and thus don't know of clue scrolls, if they got one, they wouldn't know what it is nor what to do with it. Rewards are also an issue, most of the original clue rewards are already in another place, if there aren't many rewards players would want from clues then nobody is gonna even bother doing them. If there are decent rewards for the clues, those will end up stacking up due to the lack of item sinks and clues won't be worth your time because the items aren't worth much. They will take up a lot of development time, we'd need to make sure they won't become dead content before development even starts.

And another useless explanation from Charr...

I agree on adding things like Clue Scrolls to the game. New features are always welcome  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:40:37 pm by Tomtim1 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »
And another useless explanation from Charr...
You might wanna edit your reply to be on topic, offtopic posting isn't really allowed.
;

Offline Lastipines

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 07:14:40 pm »
i really support the clue scroll thing

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:34 pm »
I support your suggestion.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight

Offline Bad Fight

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 08:41:35 pm »

I'm aware that it might become dead contet, but it's still a big MIGHT. I'm already seeing some support from other players. I also looked for other suggestions for clue scrolls and all I've seen is support from players. If we officaly introduce them in to the game I'm willing to make a guide for it right away.
Otherwise thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. Always good to see some critisism(no idea how it's spelled)
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Charr

Offline Mtn Alin0

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
  • #makeitbounce
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 10:14:24 am »
agreed! this game needs things like those!
Pages: 1