The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
PVP Game Mode
« on: June 24, 2018, 02:33:00 am »
Hello everyone, I would like to share something that's been on my mind for some time now and I would like your feedback on it. I was thinking of introducing a new game mode called 'PVP Mode' in this mode players will have the following...

• Very quick experience gain
  • Increased drop rate
  • Not able to trade or stake items
  • Dropped items will not appear to other players and will vanish in 5 minutes
  • Upon death the equipped items will disappear after 5 minutes and they will not appear to other players. (The items will be lost in the wilderness and player won't be able to retrieve them, the other player will receive coins or blood money (once implemented) instead)
  • These accounts will not be listed in the high scores.

The goal for this game mode is to target those players that just want to jump in and pvp without the grind, pretty much just to have fun.... as we all know, pvp needs some work and i think this game mode would really make it come back alive.... maybe.

I also think having the ability to customize the F keys and equipment presets would make PVP convenient for those that join for the PVP aspect of the game.

If you guys disagree with the idea, please share your own! I would love to know what the community thinks regarding pvp, what can Thomy implement to make pvp interesting :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:01:12 am by Jhonson101 »
The following users liked this post: The Saint, F A Q

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: PVP Game Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 06:36:44 am »
How do they get supplies and items to PK if they can't trade?
The following users liked this post: The Saint

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 06:47:14 am »
How do they get supplies and items to PK if they can't trade?
PVM, pretty much just like Iron man with the exception of a few items like dxp and member rings. With the increased drop rate shouldn't be a problem for them to go out and get what they need for PVP.  Trading isn't allowed for obvious reasons... if they were allowed to trade it would just ruin the market for rare items/armor due to the increased drop rate.(when I say increased drop rate, I mean by a lot so players in this game mode wouldn't really have to grind for days/weeks for a demon weapon or good armor)

As for potions and food, they will be able to make them in no time due to the extremely quick experience gain.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:49:38 am by Jhonson101 »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 07:23:51 am »
I have some questions for ya before I give my opinion on this,
whats the point on killing them at wildy if we can't pickup their items ?
How is it fair for normal players that still want to use their main account to pk with, however they're still forced to use bandos against torva ?
whats the point of pking for them if they can't sell the items ?
I might have few more questions however I don't have enough time now to ask all at once.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 07:54:53 am »
whats the point on killing them at wildy if we can't pickup their items ?
They will drop a certain amount of coins or blood money (once implemeted) instead. I do get your point, it isn't fair for them to get your items but you wouldn't be able to get the theirs. Gonna need to figure out a work around for this.

How is it fair for normal players that still want to use their main account to pk with, however they're still forced to use bandos against torva ?
they can just use PVP game mode? It's  really their choice, wouldn't make sense to PVP on a regular account if this mode was implemented.

whats the point of pking for them if they can't sell the items?

Maybe throw in a npc that exchanges items for the GE price?

This is just an idea though haven't really put too much thought into it. We can maybe spawn multiple shops in edgeville that sell the basic supplies for pking? Have a shop for food, potions, armor,  weapons, runes, etc... that way people don't really have to take to much time getting gear for PVP.  Rare items will still need to be obtained through pvm though.

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 09:01:29 am »
Apart from customizing F keys (good idea), this is one of the worst PvP ideas I have read so far.

Basically, people will need to create new accounts and play for themselves as soft ironmen just to fight in wilderness for nothing in return.

1. Since people play for themselves as ironmen, nothing gets contributed to the economy.

2. Same as PvM, PvP is meant to be a money making method. No, it is not because people just want to have fun. You wouldn't kill bosses and waste your time and supplies either, if you knew they dropped nothing but bones, would you?

3. Normal accounts would not benefit from killing the new accounts. They would even be at disadvantage because they would be risking their actual bank while soft ironman would risk nothing because of their items being 'spawned'.

4. Your NPC suggestion does not make alot sense. Why would I try to 'risk' my armour and get nothing in return when I can sell it to an NPC instead? The only way it would make sense for me is when you could use the money to buy supplies from the other spawned NPCs.

Just add a seperate spawn pk server, if you want people to only have 'fun' fighting each other without risking anything or spending alot time on skills, items and supplies. It would be easier to add with the same obvious outcome. Dead content.

Emps-World is too messed up to implement any PvP/PK activities. Thomy should either focus on a new pvp based server with feedback from experienced pkers that competes with Emps-World (risky project) or run Emps-World as a hardcore grinding server with no PK activity at all. Anything in between is pointless.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:14:51 am by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 06:46:58 pm »
Mixing these type of accounts with normal accounts in pvp is a no-no. It won't work no matter how much you try to figure out a way around it. The only way to make this possible is by making it a separate world (similar to w3, new accounts), but then it will separate the player base.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »
Mixing these type of accounts with normal accounts in pvp is a no-no. It won't work no matter how much you try to figure out a way around it. The only way to make this possible is by making it a separate world (similar to w3, new accounts), but then it will separate the player base.

This is true, the problem is the player base we have now is low enough for 1 server.

HOWEVER
can we just try it for a limited time ? like a month or so to see how things go ?
Like opening w2 to be a pking server only with thomy focusing on what the ' Expert pkers ' suggests
However it should be mentioned every time a player login that this project is limited and it might close within a month / 60 days or so.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 04:16:31 am »

This is true, the problem is the player base we have now is low enough for 1 server.

HOWEVER
can we just try it for a limited time ? like a month or so to see how things go ?
Like opening w2 to be a pking server only with thomy focusing on what the ' Expert pkers ' suggests
However it should be mentioned every time a player login that this project is limited and it might close within a month / 60 days or so.

Creating a whole new server for pvp using world 2 does seem interesting but we must not forgot that Thomy is the only developer here and i'm pretty sure he's going to have his hands full with updating this server alone, I can just imagine the work that's going to be put on him if we were to open world 2 as a spawn pk server. I was actually looking for ways to improve pvp on our current server without destroying the economy of course.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 08:10:42 am »
Didn't really read but mind aswell create spawn pk then
Pages: 1