The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
PvP
« on: August 04, 2018, 05:05:30 am »
After reading the latest update notes, I decided to stop playing this game entirely, because there will not be an oldschool version of emps (and I do not mean graphics by that).

However, I still do want this server to be succesful again, even though the chances are quite low, because of player/items ratio and some other huge imbalances that cannot be fixed without a reset and big changes beforehand.

Anyways, here is a list of things I had in mind to make PvP more interesting. The things I suggested below focus on the pvp mechanics only and not on items.

1. New PvP settings/mode:
- People could choose between normal or pvp mode.
- The pvp mode does not allow you to chat (compare rs3 chat vs abilities).
- You can toogle pvp mode on/off with "enter" (compare rs3 system) or with a key binding.
- You can set your pvp related options (special attack on/off, prayers, spellbook, etc.) to any key you want.
- You can toogle "always attack" on/off, which allows you to either attack your target with a left click or allows you to loot items with a left click.
- You will see what hit you are about to hit on the top right of the screen (this is similar to the xp drops you see when you skill or deal damage. Instead of using your brain to calculate what xp drop equals to what hit, the system does it automatically).

This allows players to customize their pvp keys individually and remove all unnecessary options that are not related to pvp at the same time.

2. Advantage for skillful Pkers:
The best option to reward skillful pkers is one ticking. In my eyes, having this mechanic is even more important than having pvp settings. The current attack speed in seconds would need to get changed into game ticks to make this option work.

3. Combo eating and more different food:
This allows you to stack different type of food/potions to heal the maximum amount of health in one game tick (0.6 seconds). To make this work, food needs to be categorized in different types:
- main food
- support food 1
- support food 2

Main food should be anything above sharks. The better the food, the longer will its consumption take e.g. sharks take 4 game ticks to eat and manta rays take 6 game ticks. Main food cannot be stacked.
Every player needs to find out how many game ticks they can afford to sacrify in order to attack sooner.

Support food 1 can be stacked with main food during the main food eating animation once. This type of food can be consumed instantly with no animation cancelling or delay when eating only.

Support food 2 can be stacked with main food during the main food eating animation once. This type of food can be consumed instantly with no animation cancelling or delay when doing anything e.g. you can drink brews between your attacks without cancelling your attacks.

the food for each category can be discussed later.

Benefits:
- You can heal for 50+ health in one game tick. Good against big hits (PvP, PvM).
- More food diversity (PvP, PvM)
- Less max health in inventory -> Makes fights shorter/more explosive (PvP) and shortens trips at bosses (PvM).

4. Quick Prayers:
Simple mechanic that won't have a big impact for skillful pkers, but comes in handy for others, especially for prayer flickers.

5. Old combat system with positive and negative stats:

It is important to have positive as well as negative item stats to add more strategic gameplay. This can be applied to the wilderness to bring back the old combat triangle as well as bossing to add more diversity (weaknesses and strengths).

6. Lock XP:
I think this is absolutely needed to allow people to create any type of pking account they want. You will be able to train to any combat level you want without worrying about levelling up after. This comes in handy especially for pures who do not wish to level up to quickly or people who care about power spikes.

Using xp locks should be a member feature only.

7. Item/skill strenght bonuses:
Couple years ago, there was an update in scape that nerfed (max risk) low level pking to the ground by adding level requirements to increase your max hit.
Before that update, your max hit at strength level 1 one was a 7-9 with max gear. After that update your max hit was 1.
Since max hit was influenced more by levels and accuracy more by items, pures had no reason to risk anything at all, because they have no defense bonuses in the first place. Wilderness was flooded with 1 itemers and pure pking died out.

This are all suggestions for the moment.
Feel free to discuss or ask questions.
Remove my moderation.
Kthxbye.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:38:19 am by Junkz »

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: PvP
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:35:58 am »
spawn servers

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:41:03 pm »
I am not a pker my self, however
I don't mind having xp lock ing as its been asked by a lot of players ( and it won't hurt whoever don't want to use it ) however at the same time it might kill or reduce the use of lamps.

no idea about pvp mode / settings as it might give advantage to people who has their account made this way over people who already playing
unless its a settings you can turn it off/on then its a no from.
the rest i have nothing to say about, if people who pk wants it I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be ing.

I DO BELIEVE that something should be done about Economy, I've said it before around a million times and I'll keep saying it.
a lot of people left because their hours spent pvming worth NOTHING to them.
that's how their brain is working and we are talking here about number of people who left because of this that is around 5 times bigger than the current online players.
Something should be done about this.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:21:56 pm »
I am not a pker my self, however
I don't mind having xp lock ing as its been asked by a lot of players ( and it won't hurt whoever don't want to use it ) however at the same time it might kill or reduce the use of lamps.

Yes, XP locking opens up so many possibilities to create new type of accounts.
As for lamps, you could make lamps a requirement to lock a combat skill e.g. 50 lamps for 1 skill. The amount of lamps required could be doubled everytime you want to lock an additional skill.

no idea about pvp mode / settings as it might give advantage to people who has their account made this way over people who already playing
unless its a settings you can turn it off/on then its a no from.

Let me explain you the pvp mode abit differently.

At the moment, the only way to switch your tabs (inventory, prayers, etc.) is using F keys. They are fixed and can not be changed.
Since not everyone likes to use the fixed F keys, the next better thing would be to customize your F keys e.g. F1 should be your inventory.
The PvP mode however would allow you to bind your tabs to any key you want e.g. inventory to the key "A".
This way you can set the tabs you need to any key you like or/and are used to from playing other games e.g. league of legends where you use the keys QWER alot.
The only problem is that the letter keys are used to chat.
The PvP mode will turn off your chatting abilities temporary, so you can use the keys to perform actions instead. You can toggle pvp mode on/off by setting it to a key of your choice as well e.g. F1.
Since you got way more keys to use now (pvp mode on), you can add additional features that this game does not have yet.

Some examples are:
- setting arrow keys to WASD
- quick cast any spell e.g. vengeance could be cast with the key "V". You would not need to open your magic spellbook anymore.
- toggle special attack on/off
- toggle quick prayers on/off
- setting specific prayers to a key of your choice
- and much more.

This way, you allow every player to customize their pvp settings individually. Of course, there will be players who benefit more from it than others. But you give every player the same options to choose from. Whether they do it or not is up to them and using the pvp mode better than others is just another reflection of skill.

You could also call this feature "action mode" because now that I think of it, every player can benefit from it.

I DO BELIEVE that something should be done about Economy, I've said it before around a million times and I'll keep saying it.
a lot of people left because their hours spent pvming worth NOTHING to them.
that's how their brain is working and we are talking here about number of people who left because of this that is around 5 times bigger than the current online players.
Something should be done about this.

This is also one of my biggest reasons why world has no chance to grow anymore. OSES was one way out of it. I do not think there is another way.
Adding more item sinks or items with charges would make the game only harder for newcomers.
The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 07:38:16 pm »
tl;dr

only reason for xp lock is whip on a pure (or range on obby mauler) which is not a decent reason

pvp doesnt need another update or more attention, we just need more players

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that this sounds like a load of shite.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:16:59 pm »
Quick prayer pls