The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
pvm highscores
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:50 am »
i have been killing monsters for more than 2 months(since the account was registered) because i like to pvm the most and i was thinking that a simple system of pvm highscores would be really nice. because things have become a bit too boring and repeated, **especially when you don't get a drop for a long time**  ::)

generally the idea is about how many kills of a certain monster you get in one month, i don't know how hard it is to track the number of kills for every monster in the game, but applying this to bosses at least is good enough.

i know that the idea of aimless counting would be a waste of time, but if we get some kind of reward for the most kills in a month for a certain monster ,that should be monthly announced by the staff team, it could help motivate some bored pvmers like myself.
the reward could be a title or maybe a cape that is specifically made for the winner every month (would lose the right to wear it if they don't win next month and it would be given to the next winner ) also the winner gets one special item every 2 or 3 wins that would give him the advantage over other average players when pvming, like some kind of an untradeable,  degradable item that gives better bonuses than normal armour (or its counter part idk)  or maybe a special potion that does the work of all the highest tier potions and keeps the boost as it is for a set amount of time (5 minutes maybe?)which could be called an overload.
this link might be a good reference for the model and other details  regarding this potion http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Overloads
simply said , i want to make pvm a tad bit more interesting , so if you have any ideas or comments please reply.
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight, Tomtim1

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: pvm highscores
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:14:39 am »
I actually like this suggestion.

This may give maxed players something to do as another achievement. :)
The following users liked this post: Bad Fight

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:27:25 am »
I disagree with the rewards, because I think taht the drops are rewarding enough, but a monthly seasonal hiscores would be cool. This could also be applied to skilling and other stuff as well :P
The following users liked this post: Yaz, Ledomy10

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:36:25 am »
I disagree with the rewards, because I think taht the drops are rewarding enough, but a monthly seasonal hiscores would be cool. This could also be applied to skilling and other stuff as well :P
Person with the most XP gained per month. I also like this idea.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 06:16:34 am »
I do like this idea, it'd be nice to have everything you kill tracked, but there's a reason we don't have this. It makes the character saves considerably larger if it has to save everything you kill, this is why I doubt we'll get this.
;
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 06:19:29 am »
I do like this idea, it'd be nice to have everything you kill tracked, but there's a reason we don't have this. It makes the character saves considerably larger if it has to save everything you kill, this is why I doubt we'll get this.
I'm sure Emps is fully capable of having this though...

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 07:19:21 am »
Why everything? It could just be limited to certain bosses/harder monsters/slayer monsters. No need to know exactly how many chickens you've killed.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Yaz

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 08:39:01 am »
I like the idea, I'll be pleased to it coming in-game.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
This would be a really nice feature to check how many bosses or other mondters you actually killed.

Rewards are not necessary in my opinion tho

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:44:48 pm »
Why everything? It could just be limited to certain bosses/harder monsters/slayer monsters. No need to know exactly how many chickens you've killed.
If there was a highscore for it, I would kill 1337 chickens. Don't ask.
I get your point though, some things shouldn't be tracked in order to save space, that makes sense.
;

Offline Hmm2

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • アニメが大好きです
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 05:49:24 pm »
then why not track the bosses plus widywyrm and ice strykewyrms ONLY, i don't see any other monster that's worth it to be honest
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:18:32 pm by Hmm2 »

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »
then why not track the bosses plus widywyrm and ice strykewyrms ONLY, i don't see any other monster that's worth it to be honest
Me love Banshees  :'(

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 07:11:01 pm »
The.idea.of.aimless.counting?what?

I.and.alot.of.others.would.love.to.see.how.many.of.a.certain.monster.you.have.killed.in.chat.after.you.kill.it.1-2-67...

I.dont.like.pvm.cape.or.reward.idea.
Les.spoz.youre.#1.doing.corp.on.a.month.your.reward.is.sigils.not.a.special.item.or.something...

Maybe.like.a.fking.pet.for.killing.1k.corps.(small.corp.pet)(not.a.drop.but.you.get.it.for.killing.a.boss.for.like.500x)
same.with.every.other.boss...

soulsplit.had.it.and.it.was.tons.useful.they.gave.pets.special.attacks.like.a.summoning.pet.but.you.got.them.for.killing.boss.5000x.and.it.didnt.require.a.summoning.level.

kill.corp.1k.times-get.pet-while.copring.again.with.that.pet.you.gett.slightly.better.drop.rates.or.the.small.corp.pet.actually.helps.you.kill.corp.but.only.in.pvm.or.whatever.

thats.fun.not.a.lame.cape.

edit:
im.aware.that.we.only.have.limited.options.developing.wise.but.fuckit.dream.bigger.

killcount.in.pvm-pet-pet.works.again.in.pvming-maybe.also.in.minigames.like.a.summoning.pet.but.not.in.actual.wild.
By.the.end.of.the.day.the.cape.is.still.a.lame.cape.that.is.useless.and.cosmetic.only...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:21:45 pm by Drugs »

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »
The.idea.of.aimless.counting?what?

I.and.alot.of.others.would.love.to.see.how.many.of.a.certain.monster.you.have.killed.in.chat.after.you.kill.it.1-2-67...

I.dont.like.pvm.cape.or.reward.idea.
Les.spoz.youre.#1.doing.corp.on.a.month.your.reward.is.sigils.not.a.special.item.or.something...

Maybe.like.a.fking.pet.for.killing.1k.corps.(small.corp.pet)(not.a.drop.but.you.get.it.for.killing.a.boss.for.like.500x)
same.with.every.other.boss...

soulsplit.had.it.and.it.was.tons.useful.they.gave.pets.special.attacks.like.a.summoning.pet.but.you.got.them.for.killing.boss.5000x.and.it.didnt.require.a.summoning.level.

kill.corp.1k.times-get.pet-while.copring.again.with.that.pet.you.gett.slightly.better.drop.rates.or.the.small.corp.pet.actually.helps.you.kill.corp.but.only.in.pvm.or.whatever.

thats.fun.not.a.lame.cape.
100% agreed , i was looking for a suggestion of this kind. capes are lame but i wanted something that won't affect our already messed up market  :P this is why i suggested this kind of reward\s

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
Would be fun, agree.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1