The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Prestige
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:45:41 pm »
I would like to introduce prestige mode into the game. How would this work you may ask, it's pretty simple idea but not sure how coding it into the game would work.

Once a player has his account maxed out he can simply speak to a npc and the npc will reset all the player's stats back to 1 and in return he will receive a prestige rank. The prestige rank can be an icon next to the player's name.

Examples for prestige rank:

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:45:17 pm »
I'm not sure if this post is a joke or not... :thinking:

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: 3st Ranger X

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:47:45 pm »
Not a joke, I think something like this would be pretty cool to have if it's possible. Gives people a challenge to reach that master prestige. This will be completely optional though, it's pretty much for bragging rights and to see a good looking prestige icon next to your name in-game.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 08:50:26 pm »
Changing the system into this after so many years of having 200M/250M xp as the ultimate goal for each skill wouldn't work at all. I doubt none of the current high ranked players would use it on their mains, thus they would have to make completely new accounts for it.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 09:32:26 pm »
Maybe make it into a game mode?
Normal/iron/prestige mode.

We can also have exp gain to be much more difficult than the normal/iron player.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 01:12:12 am »

We can also have exp gain to be much more difficult than the normal/iron player.

It doesn't need to be a new gamemode if it is something completely optional lol.
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:40:18 am »

It doesn't need to be a new gamemode if it is something completely optional lol.

I feel you bro, just throwing some ideas around. Maybe we can also reward the player with a cape for the prestige level their on? It will be a fancy cape with the prestige rank on it similar to skill capes.

Best paint skills on the block.

Offline Str8att7

• Liked: 288 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 06:13:32 am »
Just play COD if you want to reach 'master prestige'.
Emps-World Moderator Since May 12th, 2015
Emps-World Admin Since August 24th, 2015
Resigned Since October 29th
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 06:28:30 am »
Instead of resetting skills and entering a prestige mode how about "prestigious" game mode? Or legendary game mode whatever it could be called.
Anyway, it's a mode where dxp is disabled completely and xp rates are halved, no other restrictions. It would mainly be targeted towards people who seek sense of achievement from hitting 99s and in this game mode it'd be rather slow.
The following users liked this post: Bluesunrunne

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:21 am »
Instead of resetting skills and entering a prestige mode how about "prestigious" game mode? Or legendary game mode whatever it could be called.
Anyway, it's a mode where dxp is disabled completely and xp rates are halved, no other restrictions. It would mainly be targeted towards people who seek sense of achievement from hitting 99s and in this game mode it'd be rather slow.
na, they can go play osrs/rs3 for that. I'm trying to implement something new to the game such as a prestige system that players can rank up over time based on their dedication on training. With this system, we can lower the exp rate gain and disable dxp. We can than think about rewards to give the players that decided to choose this mode and get very high in prestige rank. Maybe thier own guild with an exlusive boss once they hit master prestige, that would give people motivation to want to accept this challenge.

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:04 am »
Just play COD if you want to reach 'master prestige'.
YES YES YES
i vote yes for call of duty mode!

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 12:33:19 pm »
While I really like the concept I do not support the idea of resetting progress. However I think that we could really enjoy a virtual leveling system, which theoretically works like prestige. That means you can level above 99 without getting any additional bonuses or combat power, just showing your progress in the game. I'll make an optional setting for that. :)

Here's the reworked skill tab interface:
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Jhonson

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 03:28:27 pm »
While I really like the concept I do not support the idea of resetting progress. However I think that we could really enjoy a virtual leveling system, which theoretically works like prestige. That means you can level above 99 without getting any additional bonuses or combat power, just showing your progress in the game. I'll make an optional setting for that. :)

Here's the reworked skill tab interface:

so you are saying let's make it like runescape up to lvl 120 and still be able to max it to 250m.
what about player who already got 250m xp do they automatically get lvl 120 or what?
even though i like the idea of getting lvls above 99 but if u are going to do that u must add additional bonuses, combat power capes even items that can be equipped on lvls above 99 but it also means u need to improve most of the npc's to power em too
although i do like the concept of the prestige mode.

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »
As the name says it's virtual, the levels don't impact the game above 99. Yes, you will 'automatically' gain those levels when you've already got the required experience. This is just an overlay that acts depending on your xp. There is also already a reward when reaching 200M xp - master skillcapes.
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 04:31:45 pm »
I really like the idea, Thomy. This might hype others to finally work towards getting 200m exp, but this won't really add any new content to the game if it's just virtual which was my aim for this prestige system. How about a new game mode? Just as JP mentioned, we can call it prestige mode and disable dxp and make exp gain tougher. Players that choose this mode will have a special icon next to their name like crossed swords to show their dedication. We can maybe also disable trading for these accounts, if a player finds it too difficult he can simply give up his rank by talking to a npc to be reverted to a normal player.

Edit:
As far as trading goes, we can also have members choose 1 partner that they can trade with, this should encourage team work. This partner cannot be changed, once selected they will be partners for eternity. (Otherwise players will keep trying to find new partners to find an easier way to max)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:37:00 pm by Jhonson101 »
Pages: 1 2