The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Phoenix - Boss for New Players
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:29:51 am »
Semi-Boss: Phoenix
Boss Id: 8549

Coords: 3239 3037 0

Located west of desert mining camp, players can easily get there by taking the rug merchant’s magic carpet to Bedabin Camp.

Mechanics:
This boss is going to be very easy to kill, it will use magic fireball attacks that hits up to 3 targets and a melee attack. I would say a max hit of 15 – 20 at most and can be fully protected using the magic protection prayer/melee protection prayer. This boss will also drop for the 3 top damage dealers, so new players can fight it in groups.

Drop table:
(This is defiantly still up for discussion)
Since this is going to be in safe wild and easy to kill, don’t expect any drops that would make you bank. This boss’s main purpose is to drop supplies to help new players train their account.

Common:
Ancient bones (These will give 300 exp per bone)(id:15410)
Coins (10,000 – 25,000)
Beginner Seeds (5 – 10)
Beginner Herbs (5-10) (noted)
Swordfish 3-5
Rune Essence (5-10 noted)
Coal (1-5 noted)

Uncommon
Ancient bones x2 (noted)
Coins (30,000 - 50,000)
Medium seeds (1-6) (noted)
Medium Herbs (1-6) (noted)
Monkfish (1-5) (noted)
Rune Essence (20 noted)
Coal (10 noted)

Rare:
Ancient bones x3 (noted)
Coins (60,000 - 75,000)
Advanced seeds (1-3)(noted)
Advanced Herbs (1-3)(noted)
Monkfish (10)(noted)
Rune Essense (25 noted)
Coal (15 noted)
Darkmeyer armor set (1% drop rate for each piece)

(This will be a hybrid set so new players can train whatever combat skill they want while wearing it, it will be as good as dragon, black d hide, and infinity set) (Requirements to wear this armor is to have level 60 in defense, range, and magic)
Darkmeyer Torso (id:21597)
Darkmeyer Trousers (id:21573)
Darkmeyer Hood (id:21571)
Darkmeyer Boots (id:21574)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:32:43 am by Jhonson101 »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix - Boss for New Players
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:19:47 am »
I don't really know, its a good idea to have something for mid game however taking a look at xp rates people won't be at that level for long enough to try it
the set is not made for pures since that high defence level so its just for mid level people just before they start using void ( which is 10 levels higher than the level you suggested ).
in addition to what I've said above, the place you're suggesting adding it is around 30+ safe wilderness so people can be easily killed by higher levels just to troll around, eventho they're not losing anything however its still annoying to get there again.

eventho the drop table you mentioned is just as an example, its just bad even for mid level.
IMHO, it will be another dead content.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:13:53 am »
I don't really know, its a good idea to have something for mid game however taking a look at xp rates people won't be at that level for long enough to try it
the set is not made for pures since that high defence level so its just for mid level people just before they start using void ( which is 10 levels higher than the level you suggested ).
Good point, so how about if we remove the requirments and have the armor scale depending on the player's level? This way new players also benefit from this boss.

eventho the drop table you mentioned is just as an example, its just bad even for mid level.
IMHO, it will be another dead content.
The drop table is up for discussion as mentioned in the original post, I would love for the communtiy to share what they think would be a decent drop table for new/mid level players.

in addition to what I've said above, the place you're suggesting adding it is around 30+ safe wilderness so people can be easily killed by higher levels just to troll around, eventho they're not losing anything however its still annoying to get there again.
We can choose a closer spot where players that have high levels can't attack and annoy them or we can discuss a place that would be perfect for this boss to be placed in. Location must be easy to access for new players, don't want them going through a bunch of dragons and stuff of thay sort.

Offline Shuff1e

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 12:09:04 pm »
Great, anything new and cool for newcomers is a yes-go. Also, the idea with the armor scale depending on the player's level is perfect in my opinion.

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:45:09 pm »
I like the idea, but it has to be well thought through for it not to become dead end content, like Ameer mentioned.

First of all, I like the location, Al-Kharid desert is dead at the moment, except for some random shooting star spawns, and players passing through to get to the Smoke Dungeon. Don't really think people should be afraid of getting killed there, since barely anyone goes there. And if something happens, its not an issue since you won't lose your items.

Secondly, the droptable needs a buff in my honest opinion. If you want to keep it worth killing it should drop different types of skilling supplies; gems, bow strings, herbs and rune essence.

Also, about the armour set. I do think it looks great. Although I think having it scaling up along with your levels would make it more worthwile. If it has a minimum requirement of 60 magic, ranged and defence, and let it scale up all the way to a 75 level-tier armour. That way it'll be more worth to get it, and keep it for some time.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »
It will be dead content after release day 101% if it's not an end game boss with end game content. -> See Unholy Cursebearer and then have a look at the 3 demon bosses and 5 gwd bosses.
They're grinded and filled with people most of the day because they all provide you with some end game or near the end game content (armor, weapons, pvm action etc...).
It will not be the case with any filler bosses and I'm sure players would be more angry than happy if Thomy was to release a new boss and it turns out it's for low/med level players.

A game does not survive that long without end game content and releasing filler bosses is not the way to go in MMO games. It'd just be a waste of time for not so much (if any) content in return.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »
The drops are filled with absolute garbage and you can just buy any other set of lvl 60 armor from GE at basically no cost whatsoever, dragon armor being the most expensive lvl 60 set at 100k a piece. Also the location would simply be annoying as all hell to reach, closest teleport being at Al-Kharid for low level players.
The following users liked this post: Darker Manz

Offline Vindicate

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
  • I dont even know anymore :>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 09:12:20 am »
I like the idea of some lower level bosses with mostly skilling item drops, but the armour at 1% droprate doesnt make much sense imo. lets say you start doing the boss at 50 str/def/attk (which i doubt people will do with these xp rates), by the time you get the 3 armour pieces you probably are over 80 str/def/attk and they will be useless again :D.

Suggestion: maybe make them solo monster that just drop good skilling supplies (bowstring PLZ) and add like 3 off them at that place. Make it a higher lvl monster so that is will be more targeted for higher lvls. If you give it real good drops (like 100 bow strings, 100 essence etc) people might even fight you off to be able to kill one themselfs.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 10:38:26 am »
I aint really up to date with shit but don't you need membership to enter Al-Kharid? What new players would buy membership before being a high combat anyway?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 10:47:56 am »
I aint really up to date with shit but don't you need membership to enter Al-Kharid? What new players would buy membership before being a high combat anyway?
We actually removed restrictions on places from membership, players can go wherever they want now without being a member. Locking certain areas for members is so rs and doesn't fit in a rsps.
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay
Pages: 1