The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Phoenix boss
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:33 pm »
Welcome everyone, decided to make a new boss suggestion because i felt like pvm had become a bit boring for me over time.
I got the idea from browsing Runescape wiki: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix
I haven't really worked this trough, so my idea is very brief. I think the boss should be located in either wilderness in the original KBD area or in the crandor isle. Apart from that, i think it would also be a nice members feature so it would require about 85-99 slayer to kill.

Dragonfire shield and or antifire potions would be recommended to kill phoenix.
The boss should have a high defence bonus similar to any of the godwars bosses and also, a high damage range attack that the phoenix uses from time to time. Mainly, it would attack you with melee and dragonfire.
I'm not sure what about the health and the maxhits.
About drops, i think a 100% drop should be: Ashes, 3 phoenix feathers. the Phoenix feathers are used to make super antifire potions that are made with high herblore and a dwarf weed herb.
As far as the rare drop goes, i thought of two things. A melee battleaxe with a completely new mechanic to the game, just like we saw with SoL. Because i saw Mary remodel a green dragon into a griphon, it would be awesome if something like this was possible from for example a dragon battle axe to a fancy phoenix-winged battleaxe.
The other idea is a staff for magic that preserves soul and fire runes. soul rune, wings, phoenix? get it?
I took my time to make this post for fun, though i'd still love to see something like this being featured.
Thanks
EDIT: It would give the boss a bit of variety if it had a rebirth ability, healing the phoenix about 30% of health after death and making it enraged, similar to tormented demons.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:33:08 pm by Attacker35 »

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix boss
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »
No phoenix pet? Nty.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:56:37 pm »
Want me to draw the Phoenix wing battleaxe?

:D

The rebirth after death would be pretty cool. Let me suggest some other boss mechanics I have in mind for it:

After being reborn:

- Throws a fireball at everyone currently attacking it, dealing very high damage to anyone who gets hit by it and applying a burning effect that damages you continually for half the damage of the initial fireball, could easily kill you if you don't dodge it. This attack can he avoided by stepping out of the way, like the corporeal beast.

- You can prevent the rebirth by using a water spell on it when it's hitpoints hit zero,  but it will become enraged instead.

When enraged, the Phoenix will use dragon fire much more often and attack speed will increase until it is slain. It's accuracy will also be increased while enraged.

All effects could be capped.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Attacker35

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 06:15:20 pm »
Want me to draw the Phoenix wing battleaxe?

:D

The rebirth after death would be pretty cool. Let me suggest some other boss mechanics I have in mind for it:

After being reborn:

- Throws a fireball at everyone currently attacking it, dealing very high damage to anyone who gets hit by it and applying a burning effect that damages you continually for half the damage of the initial fireball, could easily kill you if you don't dodge it. This attack can he avoided by stepping out of the way, like the corporeal beast.

- You can prevent the rebirth by using a water spell on it when it's hitpoints hit zero,  but it will become enraged instead.

When enraged, the Phoenix will use dragon fire much more often and attack speed will increase until it is slain. It's accuracy will also be increased while enraged.

All effects could be capped.
I agree with everything :)
heres my illustration of the bAxes i drew, go ahead, i'll be waiting for yours :D
The following users liked this post: Try Again Fo

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:46:43 pm »
I agree with this, sounds great, bubblebeams suggestion as well sounds good,

Battle axe looks good as well
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
As far as super antifires go, not making the recipe for them involve regular antifire potions would make regular antifire potions completely redundant. Not only that but super antifires would be crazy expensive due to everything being in the wilderness.

As far as the boss goes, pretty solid idea. My take on the rebirth ability would be that at a certain % of it's hp it would start to channel rebirth, if he finishes he would heal back to 50%, you would have to quickly kill it before it finishes. This would take some time to fine tune but should be a nice boss mechanic. Kbd place is okay as far as a location goes, going to it will be a journey through the wilderness, but once there you won't be in a PvP zone. Inb4 lars shoots me, you go down some stairs and then use a lever. The place with the lever is still PvP and you wouldn't be able to use the lever if teleblocked. It would be nice to have lava erupting from the ground similar to corp's mage attack in the second phase. This would target players even if they aren't in combat with the boss. There should be a few spawns for feathers in the room, the boss should drop some every kill as well.
;
The following users liked this post: Attacker35

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 10:22:38 pm »
Late af, but if there's a new boss + new wep. Then why not add another set. Being that it is a battle axe, I would say that this could part of the set of a b axe, crest(pic), chainskirt, helmet, gloves, and boots.
Still not sure how this armour would be used.. Would it be an alternative to ancients? If so, would it degrade or would be ultra rare?

http://tinypic.com/r/ok35s8/9
(File too big to attach)

Offline Attacker35

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 11:06:23 am »
Late af, but if there's a new boss + new wep. Then why not add another set. Being that it is a battle axe, I would say that this could part of the set of a b axe, crest(pic), chainskirt, helmet, gloves, and boots.
Still not sure how this armour would be used.. Would it be an alternative to ancients? If so, would it degrade or would be ultra rare?

(File too big to attach)
Not to ruin your idea, i like it and all but this is how i see the current state of the gears, etc. We have the strongest armors - ancient armours and if we were to get a set thats better than it (for a single combat style) it will make the triangle unbalanced. However, if we were to make 3 sets for each of the styles, imo that would be overpowered because ancients are strong as they are.
Anyway, i also though of a shield for mages with an operate option of some sort. It would have about +8 Magic str with our current Ely having +10 and spectral +5. OR the same thing with range, i'd still prefer mage though.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 11:19:39 am »
I completely agree with your suggestion. Would be awesome if it was strong enough so people couldn't solo it and actually had to get a team together.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »

(File too big to attach)
Not to ruin your idea, i like it and all but this is how i see the current state of the gears, etc. We have the strongest armors - ancient armours and if we were to get a set thats better than it (for a single combat style) it will make the triangle unbalanced. However, if we were to make 3 sets for each of the styles, imo that would be overpowered because ancients are strong as they are.
Anyway, i also though of a shield for mages with an operate option of some sort. It would have about +8 Magic str with our current Ely having +10 and spectral +5. OR the same thing with range, i'd still prefer mage though.

Yet that logic doesn't apply to adding another melee weapon that is potentially stronger than anything else; since it will require 85-99 slayer to attempt to get task + tag team it + actually getting the drop + mage shield..

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 03:47:13 pm »
Mages have books, range is the style that lacks the shields.

Yet that logic doesn't apply to adding another melee weapon that is potentially stronger than anything else; since it will require 85-99 slayer to attempt to get task + tag team it + actually getting the drop + mage shield..
A full armour set would be way more significant than a weapon. If there isn't a counterpart for the other styles it could lead to unbalance. Ex: There are no sets for 1 def for melee, while we have multiple sets for range and mage that can be worn on 1 def.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
Mages have books, range is the style that lacks the shields.

Yeah, books that have bonuses inferior to those of a Rune Defender. BOTH, mage and ranged need more off-hand equipment. The leap between a 500k book and a 100M shield is way too large.

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 05:47:09 am »
 Instead of thinking about armour, Add the little idea i suggested before
A magical note that allows you to enchance the viking rings including the ring of stone to make them B ring I

Pretty solid idea, i love it.

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry
Pages: 1