The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
os emps
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:57:28 am »
make a client for 2009 emps, would def play

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: os emps
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:49:33 am »
8/8 feedback m8
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:52:15 am by Keiskelar »

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 02:01:50 pm »
I don't know if thomy has backups of emps in ~2009, but if he doesn't it'd be a lot of work. It would divide our playerbase, a lot of people wouldn't want to go because of the levels/items they already have in world. We don't have much more than 200 players online in w1, dividing the playerbase isn't gonna help that. It would take more money for thomy to host a 2009 emps as well.

Pros of 2009 emps
  • More nostalgia
Cons of 2009 emps
  • Costs development time
  • Costs money
  • Divides our already quite small player base
  • Won't have updates that a lot of players like (farming/gwd for example)

This is why it won't happen.

My opinion on it aside,
>Moved to suggestion section
Older graphic Versions - Emps will not revert to older versions. We updated to new ones, and wouldn't re-update to old ones, that'd be an useless downgrading process.
;

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »
I don't know if thomy has backups of emps in ~2009, but if he doesn't it'd be a lot of work. It would divide our playerbase, a lot of people wouldn't want to go because of the levels/items they already have in world. We don't have much more than 200 players online in w1, dividing the playerbase isn't gonna help that. It would take more money for thomy to host a 2009 emps as well.

Pros of 2009 emps
  • More nostalgia
Cons of 2009 emps
  • Costs development time
  • Costs money

My opinion on it aside,
Older graphic Versions - Emps will not revert to older versions. We updated to new ones, and wouldn't re-update to old ones, that'd be an useless downgrading process.
old players would return and play, it wont neccesarily divide in 2
thomy must have 09 cache, so dw abt time
players will donate on 09 too
it can have custom updates

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »

Pros of 2009 emps
  • More nostalgia
Cons of 2009 emps
  • Costs development time
  • Costs money

My opinion on it aside,
>old players would return and play
mate
uWOT?

If they didnt come back after finding out about Emps-World, what makes you believe they'll come back to Emps-Scape? 2009 was 6 yeas ago. Most of the 12 year olds who played this game at the time have outgrown it.
And even if they did return, there'd only be a handful of them. Aka only those who had lots of pixels in their bank.
And aside from that, people who already play Emps-World would be the only others who'd make that backwards transition, effectively removing players from the current playerbase.
Don't support this even if thomy has a "09 cache" ready to go.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »
A downgrade is not going to happen, it would mean re-designing the entire game because many items, monsters and places wouldn't exist anymore. I also don't see a point in competing with oldschool graphics due to the existence of OSRS. The newer graphics and game engine provide much more development freedom. We can also bring in unique content, such as custom wings or custom GWD items.

Besides... I think the majority enjoys better graphics and a fullscreen client with high fps rates (openGL)
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Chazz, Bad Fight

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:48 pm »
A downgrade is not going to happen, it would mean re-designing the entire game because many items, monsters and places wouldn't exist anymore. I also don't see a point in competing with oldschool graphics due to the existence of OSRS. The newer graphics and game engine provide much more development freedom. We can also bring in unique content, such as custom wings or custom GWD items.

Besides... I think the majority enjoys better graphics and a fullscreen client with high fps rates (openGL)
looks like im the only one that wants old emps :/ thanks 4 the reply

Pros of 2009 emps
  • More nostalgia
Cons of 2009 emps
  • Costs development time
  • Costs money

My opinion on it aside,
>old players would return and play
mate
uWOT?

If they didnt come back after finding out about Emps-World, what makes you believe they'll come back to Emps-Scape? 2009 was 6 yeas ago. Most of the 12 year olds who played this game at the time have outgrown it.
And even if they did return, there'd only be a handful of them. Aka only those who had lots of pixels in their bank.
And aside from that, people who already play Emps-World would be the only others who'd make that backwards transition, effectively removing players from the current playerbase.
Don't support this even if thomy has a "09 cache" ready to go.

bcus world is trash
Pages: 1