The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Oldschool Emps-Scape
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59:09 pm »
You do understand magic is op as it currently is, hitting close to a 60 maxhit with 6 speed spells, that also can be used for stacking? You want to add vengeance to the mix? It was enough to have people running around in 3A (which  at least used to have HIGHEST melee defence in game  ???) and spamming vengeance along with Rod of Invadis. Magic should be a combat style of ''utility'', having abilities such as Ice barrage to freeze and blood barrage to heal up, i'd also like to see a buff to shadow barrage though (prayer drain). The state of magic and it's gear in OsRs is FAR better than here, I really don't know what you meant by that. I think it's maxhit is 40 or 41 with Ice barrage and I feel as if it shouldn't be higher in OSES either, (and in EW aswell lol) the gear would rather improve your accuracy, which you would know, is so useful, if you've ever done hybriding or even used blood barrage on some bosses, etc... The lunar spellbook definitely has to stay, it should also have more working useful spells in it.
I see the same problem with range. In my opinion, range at least used to be the most unbalanced combat style (I'm unaware of the new defence updates). Yet again, range is something that hits like a truck, while also being very luck reliant with Javelins being Extremely inaccurate, yet high maxhit, dragon bolts being able to hit 70+ and such. The main problem I see, is that everything offers range strength bonus - I'd see it being balanced if ONLY items such as the whole armadyl set offering 5-8 range strength bonus. This wouldn't make range underpowered since bolts are actually really strong, though not overpowere, also, a dark bow buff in necessary, if Specs were to be removed in OsEs.

Armor and their bonuses - I still haven't gotten the point of
1) No negative bonuses - would balance out magic taking my previous suggestion about magic into consideration, having negative mage defence on certain melee armors (barrow melee armors, excluding veracs, bandos, rune and dragon, etc...) Having melee armors offer respectively small or huge negative offensive bonuses to magic and ranged (plate armors offering a huge offensive bonus to magic accuracy)
2) All of the gears having overall really good defences against all styles, along with magic having highest melee defence bonuses (Again, i'm unaware of the new update specifically that defence gear had) Yet as it seemed to me, it's still the case.
I hope it's obvious why i'm stating these two things, i'm trying to make the post as short as possible though I'll try to be active and reply again if required. This would also balance out range, if you think my previous suggestion about range was too big of a hit for it.

Untradeables - Ok, I am taking this straight from OSRS but I see this as the best solution. Having to fix your untradeables after death, costing cash. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, only that Minigames might be a bit dead. Opinions?
I personally wouldn't wanna see Elite void, if it was better than regular, and because of it's looks.

Changes with items that i'd like to see:
A staff dropped by the zamorak boss, being best in slot for magic.
Master wand being the second best one, maybe being a misc drop from another boss.
Zamorakian spear being dropped by the zamorak boss, still being 2H and basically without changing it's current form. Exept that I want the old ''swiping'' animation back, that was tight.  ::)
Dragonfire shield and Crystal shield should be two of SOME of the best shields in game, with dfs actually being a  rare item, maybe visage being dropped by KBD at a rate of over 1/5000 and mithril dragons of about 1/7500 or so.
I actually liked the ice crown, I think it should stay.

Zul'rah in my opinion is a definite no-no.

Didn't read the whole topic so prob missed some things but ye

Please don't tell me that you are able to hit 50s with magic on other players. This is way too overpowered.
Magic was not that strong in Emps-Scape (the bug where you hit 50s does not count) and it should not be that strong in OSES either.
I was looking for a max hit of 40-43 with rod of ivandis (strongest magic weapon) and the best magic gear. Since you cannot use any others spells with rod of ivandis, barrage will be weaker as well, because you need to use a different magic weapon with less magic strength bonus.
Ultimately, you should hit in high 30s using barrage spells. To give mages a way to kill their opponent, vengeance should be moved to ancient and even normal spellbook.

The combat triangle we have in Emps-World will not exist in OSES. Thomy mentioned that he would copy the item stats from OSRS.

I like the idea of having bonuses stats for complete sets.
This would work very well on armadyl with range, bandos with strength (bandos boots and bcp would finally outclass fighter torso and dragon boots), and other sets maybe. Good point.

I agree that crystal shield and dfs should be the best shields for the moment, but I disagree to make them even rarer than in Emps-World. All super rare boss drop items should have a drop rate between 0.5% and 1% (pets excluded). Otherwise you would have way too many 120s accounts running in mid game items.
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 01:00:49 pm »
Skills

Not quite sure why you're removing skills based on the premise that pkers don't care about skills, some of the skills you excluded based on your opinion "but what about the players who play the game for PKing? They would never train a skill that has no benefits for them"

I would argue that pkers don't give a fuck about majority of the skills and should not be included in a debate of what content matters for skillers.
If you leech osrs content you can surely come up with benefits for construction like re-generating special attack and health?

Weapons/Gear

I disgaree with

Twisted bow
Rod of invadis
Toxic blowpipe
Toxic staff of the dead
Serpentine helm

Imo lots new people who give OSES a chance will try it out because it's old-school emps.. not old-school runescape. Sure I have nothing against slowly introducting those items into the game when players request it but surely not because of one topic straight off the bat. You could instead make barrows more viable or something more intresting than giving us what osrs already does.

Quests

Thomy mentioned something about source code and players being able to code quests in the future, that's all I'm going to say. We should leave this one up for the community for the most part. Who really cares about 4-5 quests in rsps anyways.

It's honestly really hard to give any solid feedback on black and white text having never got that into osrs, because lots of your items/content seems to be based on it. I think majority of people who reply have no idea how any of this will turn out and will reserve their feedback for once the server is actually out, thus pointing out things they clearly disagree with that you interpret as hate.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:08:56 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Iron Corne

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 01:50:23 pm »
You do understand magic is op as it currently is, hitting close to a 60 maxhit with 6 speed spells, that also can be used for stacking? You want to add vengeance to the mix? It was enough to have people running around in 3A (which  at least used to have HIGHEST melee defence in game  ???) and spamming vengeance along with Rod of Invadis. Magic should be a combat style of ''utility'', having abilities such as Ice barrage to freeze and blood barrage to heal up, i'd also like to see a buff to shadow barrage though (prayer drain). The state of magic and it's gear in OsRs is FAR better than here, I really don't know what you meant by that. I think it's maxhit is 40 or 41 with Ice barrage and I feel as if it shouldn't be higher in OSES either, (and in EW aswell lol) the gear would rather improve your accuracy, which you would know, is so useful, if you've ever done hybriding or even used blood barrage on some bosses, etc... The lunar spellbook definitely has to stay, it should also have more working useful spells in it.
I see the same problem with range. In my opinion, range at least used to be the most unbalanced combat style (I'm unaware of the new defence updates). Yet again, range is something that hits like a truck, while also being very luck reliant with Javelins being Extremely inaccurate, yet high maxhit, dragon bolts being able to hit 70+ and such. The main problem I see, is that everything offers range strength bonus - I'd see it being balanced if ONLY items such as the whole armadyl set offering 5-8 range strength bonus. This wouldn't make range underpowered since bolts are actually really strong, though not overpowere, also, a dark bow buff in necessary, if Specs were to be removed in OsEs.

Armor and their bonuses - I still haven't gotten the point of
1) No negative bonuses - would balance out magic taking my previous suggestion about magic into consideration, having negative mage defence on certain melee armors (barrow melee armors, excluding veracs, bandos, rune and dragon, etc...) Having melee armors offer respectively small or huge negative offensive bonuses to magic and ranged (plate armors offering a huge offensive bonus to magic accuracy)
2) All of the gears having overall really good defences against all styles, along with magic having highest melee defence bonuses (Again, i'm unaware of the new update specifically that defence gear had) Yet as it seemed to me, it's still the case.
I hope it's obvious why i'm stating these two things, i'm trying to make the post as short as possible though I'll try to be active and reply again if required. This would also balance out range, if you think my previous suggestion about range was too big of a hit for it.

Untradeables - Ok, I am taking this straight from OSRS but I see this as the best solution. Having to fix your untradeables after death, costing cash. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, only that Minigames might be a bit dead. Opinions?
I personally wouldn't wanna see Elite void, if it was better than regular, and because of it's looks.

Changes with items that i'd like to see:
A staff dropped by the zamorak boss, being best in slot for magic.
Master wand being the second best one, maybe being a misc drop from another boss.
Zamorakian spear being dropped by the zamorak boss, still being 2H and basically without changing it's current form. Exept that I want the old ''swiping'' animation back, that was tight.  ::)
Dragonfire shield and Crystal shield should be two of SOME of the best shields in game, with dfs actually being a  rare item, maybe visage being dropped by KBD at a rate of over 1/5000 and mithril dragons of about 1/7500 or so.
I actually liked the ice crown, I think it should stay.

Zul'rah in my opinion is a definite no-no.

Didn't read the whole topic so prob missed some things but ye

Please don't tell me that you are able to hit 50s with magic on other players. This is way too overpowered.
Magic was not that strong in Emps-Scape (the bug where you hit 50s does not count) and it should not be that strong in OSES either.
I was looking for a max hit of 40-43 with rod of ivandis (strongest magic weapon) and the best magic gear. Since you cannot use any others spells with rod of ivandis, barrage will be weaker as well, because you need to use a different magic weapon with less magic strength bonus.
Ultimately, you should hit in high 30s using barrage spells. To give mages a way to kill their opponent, vengeance should be moved to ancient and even normal spellbook.

The combat triangle we have in Emps-World will not exist in OSES. Thomy mentioned that he would copy the item stats from OSRS.

I like the idea of having bonuses stats for complete sets.
This would work very well on armadyl with range, bandos with strength (bandos boots and bcp would finally outclass fighter torso and dragon boots), and other sets maybe. Good point.
The magic maxhits I spoke of were from world. In a way it was stating the obvious that it shouldn't be the case in Oses.
You can still cast barrage with rod,  it's got +100 accuracy and I think is the best accuracy wise. If Thomy's going to get stats from osrs this has to be balanced however to about +25 or +30.
I'm glad you mentioned this because there are two things that you reminded me of:
Prayers - I hate the fact that you can have different combat style prayers on at the same time (The ones that offer you 15% respectively).  It takes a lot of skill out of the game when it comes to pking. I prefer it how it is in osrs, that you can only have either melee prayers, the range prayer or the magic prayer on at once. (With the defence prayer being an exeption)
Autocasting - switching staves will nullify it. It also makes pvp way too easy, manually clicking a spell is something I personally prefer, as there will be a lot more skill involved.

About dfs, I just don't want them to be a common item, I'd like it to be quite rare.

I didn't mean set bonuses, quite frankly the opposite of it. I hate how in world, if for example you needed to use range you just took best in slots and rolled with it. Say in osrs, often at times people use melee platelegs for defence, even if it's a small trade for a couple bonuses of range accuracy. Or when meleeing, using a ranging body like karils or dhide, when fighting someone who uses magic. I think this was even irrelevant in scape, though correct me if i'm wrong.
In a nutshell i'm trying to say that defence should matter way more. Not only in pvp, where catching someone in robes with melee or range can be deadly, but in Pvm aswell.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:10:27 pm by Attacker35 »
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Junkz, Iron Corne

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »
I personally think that saradomin and zamorak brews shouldn't increase your max hp. This has been bothering me for a long time yet everyone, including me has gotten used to it. It changes up a lot and makes bridding and NHing specially unenjoyable. Don't think it changes much PVM wise other than guthans and blood barrage being a bit worse. They should still overheal you, though, even zbrew.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 04:58:02 pm »
Saradomin brews were meant to be a purely defensive potion. Zammy brews shouldn't indeed heal at all.
Pages: 1 2