The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oldschool Emps-Scape
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:42:05 pm »
This is my version of what features OSES should have. Please have in mind that these ideas are based on the experience I made in Emps-Scape and Emps-World. Even though I do not like the current game at all, there are still some features that I would like having in OSES as well.

Table of Contents

1. Skills
2. Donator Shop
3. Bosses, other Monsters and Items
4. Quests
5. Voting
6. PvP
7. Mini-Games
8. Miscellaneous

1. Skills

At first I would like to name the skills of Emps-World that should not exist in OSES.

1. Thieving:
This skill reminds me of picking snowballs at the grand exchange. It is boring and it has no benefits other than getting seeds from master farmers.

2. Hunter:
As much as I like the value of chinchompas, I do think that making a whole skill around them was unnecessary.

3. Construction:
As far as I know the community of Emps-World wanted this skill to get added. I do not know any reasons why we should have skills like this in OSES. Yes, you can add an additional money sink by making planks, but what about the players who play the game for PKing? They would never train a skill that has no benefits for them. Regarding prayer, I do have a different solution that I will mention later.

This is the part where I will discuss the changes of the skills that should exist OSES.

Combat (Melee, Magic, Range):
I do think that having 5x RS xp rate is the best way to start as a newcomer. Early and mid game content does not get skipped that fast and players have more time getting an item based on their combat range (getting a dragon scimitar feels more rewarding at level 80 than at level 120).

Hitpoints:
I think copying OSRS formula where you get 33% of the combat xp rate is the best way.

Prayer:
When I think about prayer, I think about dagannoths. The whole dagannoth cave became dead area with 2-3 updates.
The first thing was reducing the experience of dagannoth bones (making them worse than dragon bones). The other reason was the release of farming. With the introduction of farming and the amount of seeds that were dropped, it was not even worth going to dagannoth at all. With the removal of Avatars in Emps-World, this area became dead content. I do think that making dagannoth bones the best bones in the game (600 xp) is essential, because it was the main reason why they were killed at all.
What I would also like to keep are the t70 prayers for ranged and magic. But I feel like all the "Piety" prayers need a quest to get unlocked.
Additionally, you can train your prayer on any altar in the wilderness (double experience).

Magic:
My favourtie skill of all time. I do think that with the OSRS item stats, this skill will be in a good shape. The only thing I would like to change though is the removal of lunar spellbook. The spell "vengeance" will be moved back to the ancient spellbook as it used to be in old Emps-Scape days. Unlocking this spell will require the completion of a new quest. You should also be able to train your defence with magic as well.
Additionally I would add a small fee of 10,000 coins whenever you want to change your spellbook. Moving Dark Mage back to the wilderness is something I would like to see as well.

Fishing:
This skill is in a perfect shape and no changes need to be done.

Cooking:
The only thing I would like to change is a nerf of cooking gauntlets. They should boost your cooking levels by 5, allowing you to cook fish sooner and making you burn less food because of the skill boost. The cooking skill cape will have the old effect of cooking gauntlets.

Woodcutting:

Firemaking:

Fletching:

Crafting:
The only think I would like to change is the option to tan noted dragonhides.

Smithing:
The only thing I would like to change about this skill is the animation speed when smelting bars or smithing items. This skill should be as fast as crafting or herblore.

Mining:
You will no longer mine double ores.

Herblore:
I think that adjusting the level requirements of high level potions to the OSRS level requirements would benefit OSES the most. Essential potions (e.g. super attack and super strength) will be unlocked sooner and help you to progress faster. To compensate the lack of high level content, new custom potions that work the same way as super combat potions will be added.
Wrath Potion: zamorak brew, super attack and super defence combined.
Paladin Potion: saradomin brew, super strength and super defence combined.
Archer Potion: saradomin brew and range potion combined.
Wizard Potion: saradomin brew and magic potion combined.
Overload: saradomin brew, zamorak brew, super attack, magic and ranged potion combined (untradable).
Unlike the overloads known in OSRS, the stats of these potions will go down like any other potions. But they will not have the damage dealing effect when you drink them. Additionally any of these potions (except wrath potion) work as a saradomin brew and boost your max hitpoints and heal you as well. Note that zamorak brews will not boost your hitpoints level.
The other features I would like to add is filling noted vials with water, making noted unfinished potions and decanting noted potions. All of these features should be done by a new NPC for a small fee of 100-500 coins each.

Farming:
There should not be any farming patches other than herbs and trees. Also to not repeat the mistakes from Emps-World seed drops should be considered as (very) rare.

Slayer:
I think that adding features from OSRS like unlocking new tasks and blocking tasks with slayer points (and a level requirement), as well as task extensions are absoluetly needed.

Runecrafting:
Runecrafting is a boring skill. But there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing we can do is make it more rewarding. Changing it back to the classical abyss runecrafting method without the additional rune altars is the way to go.

Agility:
This skill gets a rework to make it worth training and one of the most valuable skills in OSES. The stamina bonus you get normally should be nerfed slightly. Other than that, this skill will now interact with other skills.
Basically the feature that RS has with thieving, where you can pickpocket multiple times at same time will be applied to OSES with the following skills:
Woodcutting: Depending on your agility level, you will have the chance to chop 2-4 logs at once.
Fishing: Depending on your agility level, you will have the chance to catch 2-4 fishes at once.
Mining: Depending on your agility level, you will have the chance to mine 2-4 ores at once.
Farming: Depending on your agility level, you will have the chance to pick 2-4 herbs at once.
Runecrafting: Depending on your agility level, you will have the chance to craft 2-4 runes at once. This will stack with the multiplier of making runes in general. At level 99 runecrafting and the right agility level, you could make 12 death runes out of 1 rune essence, if you are lucky.
The chances for this to happen should be around 15-25%.

2. Donator Shop

I do think that the donator shop needs a complete rework. This items will be available through donating:

Member ring: Grants membership for 30 days.
Whip Dye: Colours an abyssal whip into the colour of your whip dye (and slightly increases its strength).
Mystery Box: Contains one random reward. The rewards could be any of the donator rewards (dyes, member ring, blades, phats, hweens, wings and santas) as well as multiple oldschools (there could be a cycle for oldschools on a weekly/monthly basis or you add different coloured mystery boxes that relate to the oldschool rare).
Blades should be a strong weapon with a strong special attack to make strength pures have a place in OSES. I think that dark bow dyes, tails and kbd outfits are not needed in the donater shop.

Ranks: Two ranks will be unlocked upon donating to OSES.
Donator: Make your first donation to OSES.
Super Donator: Have a specific amount of total donations (unlocks additional emotes on forums).

3. Bosses, other Monsters and Items

I was thinking about how far we should go back. When Emps-World returned, many players still thought that kolodion dropped zamorak godsword, etc. I do think that GWD was a good addition to make getting end game items more challenging. This is the list of which bosses we should have in OSES.
GWD:
Same way as usual. The bosses should not be so deadly. Making the bosses hit hard (40-50 without prayer), but not that accurate while the minions hit low (5-10) and very accurate is a nice approach to let players focus on minions first. The kill requirement to enter chambers should be 40 at the beginning.
I was thinking about adding a quest related to GWD that lowers the kill count to 20 when you complete the quest.
Items such as god bows (and arrows) and all the additional armour items (boots, helms, gloves) that we did not have in Emps-Scape should get removed from the game. Zamorak boss will still drop battle robes (no boots and gloves), making it the "T75" magic gear that is on par with bandos and armadyl.

Chaos Elemental:
This should be a boss related to magic items only. I think that adding rod of ivandis (also known as armadyl battlestaff in Emps-World) as a super rare drop will make this boss one of the most popular bosses.

Kalphite Queen:
This boss should drop a ranged weapon that will be on par with rod of ivandis. The first bow that comes into my mind is Twisted Bow from OSRS. This boss will also drop the ranger set.
I also feel like this boss needs a buff regarding its anti prayer. You should be forced to take atleast two combat styles to kill this boss, if you do decide not to use veracs armour.

Smoke Demon Champion:
Instead of dropping rod of ivandis, this boss will drop dragon claws now!

King Black Dragon:
This boss will be the only monster that drops uncut onyx. Another super rare drop will be the draconic visage which is also dropped by brutal green and mithril dragons.

It is time for their return with the drops they used to have: third age armour.

Kolodion:
One of the most popular bosses in Emps-Scape when it used to drop zamorak godsword (which had the same effect as armadyl godsword). This boss will drop trimmed amulets now.

Zulrah:
The only new boss OSES should have. it should drop the main items from OSRS (tanzanite fang, magic fang and serpentine visage).

Monsters that we have in Emps-World will no longer be available in OSES:

Tormented Demons:
Donator Whips should be the strongest whips in the game.

Wildy Wyrm:
Dragon claws will be dropped by Smoke Demon Champion leaving this monster without a place.

Ancient Cave Monsters:
This update is way too "new" for OSES and the custom items were out of place.

Frost Dragons:

These dragons were only killed because of the assigned slayer task. With the removal of these dragons, there is no reason to have access to "Neitiznot" island. However I do see a place for them in future.

Revenants:
Their whole cave should get removed.

Ice Strykewyrms:
This was my most favourite slayer task in Emps-World. They were rather easy to kill, dropped the best boots in-game and you got alot slayer experience.
I do feel like they are too new for OSES. Their boots however, should get introduced at a later stage of the game.

Spectrals:
PvP items were simply too strong for Emps-World. The fact that you could charge your items basically for free made other items become useless.

Aquanite:

I think that having amulet of fury and amulet of glory(t) are more than enough for rangers This is why there is no place for this monster.

Mutant Tarns:
I do not feel like they fit into OSES.

Other Monsters:

Dagannoth Kings:
They should drop berserker, archer's and seers rings as well as the helms. The ring upgrades will be obtained in a different way.

Brutal Green Dragons:
They will drop the ranger set and draconic visage.

Mithril Dragons:
They will drop draconic visage and zamorakian spear.

Black Demons:
Nobody liked them having as a task. I think that making them the only monsters to drop dragon and onyx bolt tips will increase their popularity.

Items:

Zamorakian Spear:
Making this a one handed item (attack requirement of 70) as well as introducing strength and weaknesses to bosses and other monsters is the best thing to add strategic gameplay to the OSES. People would need to adapt to weaknesses in order to kill monsters more efficient

Twisted Bow:
This bow will work like god bows known in Emps-World. It will be the strongest ranged weapon.

Rod of Ivandis:
No changes.

Dragon Claws:
Now that dragon claws will be a super rare drop from one of the strongest bosses in OSES and we now longer have the combat triangle from Emps-World, the special attack of this item will be as fearsome and deady as it is supposed to be.

Armadyl Godsword:

No changes.

Zamorak Godsword:
I think that this weapon needs a buff to make it more viable: This is the only weapon that can freeze bosses as well.

Saradomin Godsword:
Saradomin Godsword should have a fixed recovering amount of 10 + the hit you do with its special attack.

Bandos Godsword:
Bandos godsword should have a fixed defence reduction of 10 + the hit you do with its special attack. Also remove the cap of defence reduction to make this one of the best special attack items in the game.

Dark Bow:
This bow never had the power that everyone desired. I do think that this bow is doomed to be viable for pures only.

Seercull:
With mutant tarns no longer being available, this bow will be obtained from clue scrolls. The special effect of it should be reverted where it reduced the stats of the enemy.

Master Wand:
I think that obtaining this item the way you obtain defenders by upgrading Beginner's Wand is the best way to make all of the wands have a use. Beginner's Wand can be bought from the Zaff's shop for 100,000 coins. The monsters that drop the upgraded versions are Wizards (Apprentice Wand), Monks of Zamorak (Teacher Wand) and Infernal Mages (Master Wand).

Boots:
Dragon/Bandos Boots, Infinity Boots and Ranger Boots should be the best boots ingame. Adding an upgrade to them (turning them into T75 boots) by either adding cerberus (which I am against) or making other removed monster from Emps-World drop the scroll/crystal to upgrade them is an option, but not needed as of now.

Helm of Neitiznot:
Only obtainable from a mini-game.

Barrow Gloves:
The overall best gloves for magic, ranged and melee. They should be dropped by multiple stronger monsters (no bosses).

Fire cape:
The best cape for melee. They will be obtained the way it always was, killing Jad. Fire Capes will become untradable. If someone kills you in wilderness and you lose the fire cape, the killer gets a cash drop of 1,500,000 coins instead and you need to get a new fire cape.

Ava's Accumulator:

God Capes:

Defenders and Fighter Torso:
Untradable and need to get recharged upon death. The cost varies depending on the item. I think that Warriors Guild should get removed and the original way of obtaining these items by killing giant champions in Rimmington Dungeon should get added back to OSES.

Void:
The void set should be counted as a set with 3 items again (helm, body, legs). The parts will work the same way as defenders: Untradable and need to get recharged upon death. Only obtainable from a mini-game.

Rings:
I think that berserker, seers and archers ring should be the best rings in the game. Their upgrading scrolls (tradable) will be obtained from a mini-game. Warriors ring would be a cheaper alternative. Ring of stone will be only stronger when used with blade or an obsidian weapon.

Toxic Blowpipe:
One of the new Zulrah items. This weapon should have the strength of magic shortbow (when used with dragon darts) and the speed of darts.

Toxic Staff of the Dead:

One of the new Zulrah items. This weapon should have the same strength as a master wand.

Serpentine Helm:
One of the new Zulrah items. This weapon should have neutral stats.

Hunter's Crossbow:
This item should have identical stats as a rune c'bow. Its new effect will increase the accuaracy and strength during slayer tasks.

Anger Weapons
With the old item bonuses and added weaknesses to certain combat styles (hopefully), anger weapons can become one of the best weapons for PvMing.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:18:59 am by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay, Kaarel 123, Jandar, Iron Corne

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Oldschool Emps-Scape
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:42:28 pm »

4. Quests

Many players wanted to have more quests in Emps-Scape and Emps-World. The same will go for OSES. Even though I do not like quests, I think that quests are needed to make the game more interesting and rewarding. I do have many quests in mind which I would like to add to the game. They are in nor particular order and only the rewards are shown.

Quest 1: Unlocks vengeance spell (free to play).
Quest 2: Unlocks piety prayers (free to play).
Quest 3: Lowers the kill count requirement to enter chambers in GWD (members).
Quest 4: Unlocks the ability to train prayer on altars in the wilderness (free to play).
Quest 5: Teleport spells no longer require runes (donators).
Quest 6: Gives you 3 50k xp lamps (free to play).
Quest 7: Unlocks the ability to upgrade void (members).
Quest 8: Healers also restore your special attack bar and cure you from poison (members).
Quest 9: Veteran Cape (voters).
Quest 10: D'hide drops received from dragons appear noted now (donators).

5. Advertising

Nowadays, it is impossible to gain players without proper advertisement. I do think that voting and referral systems can help us alot when the rewards are acually rewarding. They should help you with your progression. Having Hiscores for top voters might also encourage players to vote. Following rewards should be obtained through advertising:

Skilling Brawlers:
A nice experience boost for the skill of your choice!
Emotes: One of the cooler emotes from RS to show everyone your dedication to OSES.
Trimming Items: You have never seen a golden armadyl godsword, have you? (if you lose the items, their untrimmed version will appear).
Quests: No quests in mind yet.
Titles on Forums: "Supporter" and "Super Supporter"
Membership: Self-explaining.

None of these items will have a direct impact on the economy. Additionally, everytime you vote, you will get a 20k xp lamp for free!

6. PvP

One of the most important aspects of the game. OSES will need PvP related updates in future. For the moment we should copy most of the features from OSRS.

Quick Prayers:
There is no way around it.

1 Ticking:
The ability to perform different actions (e.g. stacking health from fish and potions or swapping your weapon/armour while drinking potions) at same time.

Special Attack Bar:
You should be able to see your special attack bar next to your run energy (next to the mini map).

Gmaul Insta Special Attacks:
Copy the system from OSRS. Gmaul is one of the most often used special attack weapons despite having a low attack requirement.

PK Shop:
There are many players (pkers) who want a pk shop. The only problem I see is that it could get abused very easy because of the low player count. This is why I am personally against a pk shop.

7. Mini-Games

I think that we do not need many mini-games. What we need are mini-games where players compete with other players. Other than that, all mini-games should be rewarding.

Jad:
Let us have the jad mini-game we used to have in old Emps-Scape days. You face different waves as a team and try to kill jad together. However, only one guy gets the fire cape making this mini-game a competition. Since fire capes will be untradable, you can either do it once or try helping your friends getting a fire cape (clan activity).
This mini-game should take around 30-45 minutes depending on the amount of players.

Barrow Brothers:
Nothing really changes.

Duel Arena:
As much as I hate this mini-game, we still need it to satisfy a huge part of your community. Adding a small fee of 5k per staker (10k per stake) will make duel arena one of the best money sinks in the game.

Emps-Wars:
The classic mini-game with no flags, barricades, explosive potions, etc. You have attackers and/or defenders and try to kill the boss faster than your enemy. The alternative to it would be Soul-Wars which has the exact same goal just with other features.

Agility Pyramid:
A new mini-game (members only) with cash as a reward. This mini-game should be limited to 5-10 runs per day to prevent people from botting it. The amount of cash you should get is 500k-1m.

In my opinion there are no other mini-games needed. Brimhaven Agility Arena gets replaced by the Agility Pyramid and Pest Control gets deleted.

8. Miscellaneous

This are ideas which I forgot to mention above or which do not fit in any category.

Double Experience and Free Member:
This was one of the nicest features Emps-Scape once had. We should definetely have it on OSES. Instead of Facebook likes, we should try unlocking these weekends by reaching a specific amount of votes which will be shown as a bar on the Emps-World main page.

Locking Experience:
It does not hurt having it and PKers will appreciate having this feature.

Slayer Tower:
I do think that slayer tower needs to be multi everywhere. Additionally all monsters will be aggressive. This will make slayer tower one of the best ways to train magic with your ancient spellbook and ranged by using chinchompas.

Member Skills:
Agility, Crafting, Farming and Slayer should be members only.

Free Member Skills:
I do think that we should have the chance to reach max level without being member.
As for agility, the barbarian course will be free to play. It will take a while to get 99 as free to play, but you still have the chance.
As for crafting, cutting uncut sapphires should be as high as you can get as free to play.
As for farming, planting ranarr seeds should be the best thing you can do.
As for slayer, accepting tasks from the weakest slayer master should be free to play (NPC would need to get moved to a f2p area).

Clue Scrolls:
Adding clue scrolls to Emps-World was a good idea. However I dislike the items you can get from it (too many useless items). OSES should have clue scrolls filled with items that are useful or look actually good. Easy Clue Scrolls should get removed as well.
Saradomin D'hide Set: Purpose: GWD and an upgraded version to black dragonhides because of the prayer bonus.
Bandos D'Hide Set: Purpose: GWD and an upgraded version to black dragonhides because of the prayer bonus.
Zamorak D'Hide Set: Purpose: GWD and an upgraded version to black dragonhides because of the prayer bonus.
Armadyl D'hide Set: Purpose: GWD and an upgraded version to black dragonhides because of the prayer bonus.
Cosmetics: Every cosmetic item obtained from Smoke Dungeon (the chest inside of the dungeon would get deleted), every item obtained from crystal key chest (new crystal chest with skilling rewards would get added) gilded armour, black cavalier, highwayman mask, berets, etc.
Super Rare Cosmetics: Druidic Armour
Rune and Dragon Items: Helps unlocking mid game content faster.
Coloured Infinity
God Blessings: Purpose: GWD

Emps-Wars Reward Shop:
Helm of Neitiznot
Ava's Accumulator
God Capes
Imbued Scrolls
Void Armour
Herb Sack
Gem Bag
Filler

Broadcasting:
I think that broadcasting skill achievements and rare item drops gives the player more enjoyment playing the game.

Tokkul Shop:
I think that the only item you should be able to sell to the shop is a fire cape. The other items you can buy are
Obsidian Weapons
Obsidian Armour
Filler

Slayer Points Shop:
Anger Weapons
Slayer Helmet
Hunters Crossbow
Unlock Task
Block Task
Extend Task
Salve Amulet
Filler

Grand Exchange:
I have to admit this is one of the best updates in Emps-World and absolutely needed in OSES.

Grand Exchange Price Checker:
A nice feature (for PKers) to check selected items from your inventory for their average G.E. price.

1 Tick Prayer Flicking:
If you click on your prayers fast enough, you can have the prayer bonuses while not using any prayer points.

This is pretty much a summary of how the perfect private server should look like from my point of view.

Feel free to suggest changes or features you would like to see in Oldschool Emps-Scape.

Thank you for reading.

The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Jandar, Iron Corne

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 10:11:03 pm »
You put so much effort into this but I didn't read the whole post yet, only the first part so far and some bits from the second post.

One idea for overloads is also that they would boost your stats same as super potions (or +1?) but your stats wouldn't drain and if your boosted stats are lowered they would go back in the next cycle, in runescape 3 this is 15 seconds I believe.

Another idea for minigames would be to combine the rewards shops and make a new shared currency for minigame reward shops, some tickets perhaps. You would get these based on how long the round lasted so it would be very balanced. You would still earn these slower in other minigames depending how long you have to stay in lobby before a new game starts however but it would be vert balanced nonetheless. Reward prices would also have to be adjusted.

As what to comes to quests. We do have Emps-Script for quests which anyone can use to write quests and it's quick and easy to learn. Props for Thomy creating such a thing.

Brawler gloves would also be a great reward from voting? Some kind of XP rewards would be great here. How bonus XP in Runescape 3 works would also be great in my eyes.

Lastly what I'd like to mention is that how about changing how member tickets work? One ticket would grant 14 days of membership instead and of course the price would have to be lowered if that happens. You would be able to use multiple member tickets at once to get more member days and more benefits. (2 = 1 month, 4 = 2 months, 12 = 6 months and 24 for a whole year.)
I have no idea if that would be a better system than the current one due to how difficult it is to come up with proper benefits and what would be better/worse in that.

Oh yeah and one more thing since it'll be using osrs system, skilling pets! Would be great for skillers and anyone who is into skilling. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:21:15 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Iron Corne

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:55:40 pm »
Im only going to comment on your skills section as I've been a skiller for many many years and this is something I'd care the most about 'OSES'

Pretty much everything you wrote is plain stupid.

1) Thieving, Hunter and Construction. Your argumentation about why they are unnecessary or hurt the game in any way is basically nonexistent. Thieving is vital for farming to exist because you get seeds from farmers by pickpocketing them.
Pkers wouldn't train construction you said. They also wouldn't train firemaking nor fletching by that logic. So fock off m8, construction stays. And so will Hunter, how else you think people should get chins? Because even you 'like the value' of em.

How can you even say that planting trees is useless.. Not having the ability to plant trees would mean we only have access to half of the skill.. In no way does that make any sense.

And why should agility level benefit you while mining/woodcutting/runecrafting/fishing? I don't see the logic behind that idea so Im going to strongly but politely disagree with that stupidity.
Right now having 99 agility right now grants you never ending run energy which should be changed imo.

Also there are changes to be made to other skills. There have been plenty of topics about bonfires for example and also i'd like to see nests instead of crushed nests from woodcutting.

Smithing and cooking ideas you presented were decent.

I understand this is just a suggestions thread but maybe you shouldn't take the whole 'OSES' on your own shoulders. As of now we hardly know whats it going to be like and what changes is Thomy willing to make.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Crusher123, Hi Im Ethan, Iron Corne, S Clegane, K Naut

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:52:27 pm »
These 3 things are the main things i dislike about your topic.

Ranks: Two ranks will be unlocked upon donating to OSES.
Donator: Make your first donation to OSES.
Super Donator: Have a specific amount of total donations (unlocks additional emotes on forums).
I really don't understand why we would need this, yes okay you funded the game, but you already got items for it so why would you need a rank for it. also if thomy decides to set it through i guess staff members should have 1 too.
Zulrah:
The only new boss OSES should have. it should drop the main items from OSRS (tanzanite fang, magic fang and serpentine visage).
Please for the love of god no. you talk about things being "too new for OSES" but im also sure that this shit is younger than our ice strykewyrms are. also with this having the power as a magic shortbow, it would ruin the pure wilderniss considering its 3x as fast as a magic shortbow. could be considered as our current gladiator helm, the toxic staff of the dead isnt purely a mage weapon, its also close to the best strengthwise weapons lol.

1) Thieving, Hunter and Construction. Your argumentation about why they are unnecessary or hurt the game in any way is basically nonexistent. Thieving is vital for farming to exist because you get seeds from farmers by pickpocketing them.
Pkers wouldn't train construction you said. They also wouldn't train firemaking nor fletching by that logic. So fock off m8, construction stays. And so will Hunter, how else you think people should get chins? Because even you 'like the value' of em.

How can you even say that planting trees is useless.. Not having the ability to plant trees would mean we only have access to half of the skill.. In no way does that make any sense.

And why should agility level benefit you while mining/woodcutting/runecrafting/fishing? I don't see the logic behind that idea so Im going to strongly but politely disagree with that stupidity.
Right now having 99 agility right now grants you never ending run energy which should be changed imo.

Also there are changes to be made to other skills. There have been plenty of topics about bonfires for example and also i'd like to see nests instead of crushed nests from woodcutting.

Smithing and cooking ideas you presented were decent.

I understand this is just a suggestions thread but maybe you shouldn't take the whole 'OSES' on your own shoulders. As of now we hardly know whats it going to be like and what changes is Thomy willing to make.
This was point three, i feel like il skill i explained it pretty good and i agree with him

also,
Black Demons:
Nobody liked them having as a task. I think that making them the only monsters to drop dragon and onyx bolt tips will increase their popularity.
tf is this about, i and im pretty sure many others enjoy them as a task since they are so afkable
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:02:47 am by Iron Corne »
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns, Hi Im Ethan, Jandar, K Naut

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:52:16 am »
I disagree with the removal of thieving. It could be buffed a little to be made into a half-decent moneymaking method. Hunter is also pretty enjoyable and relaxing to train, and is also very rewarding, so I don't see a point in removing that one as well. I agree with Construction a bit, but it's useful for transportation, prayer training, and is basically a skill where you invest money to make your life a little easier.

Now, I totally agree with the nerf of the cooking gauntlets. They are overpowered, and makes the Cooking skill a lot faster than fishing.

With the agility part, I would completely disagree with your suggestions because it would make Agility even more broken than as it is right now with unlimited run energy and those shortcuts. I suggest to make it so at level 1 agility you'd run out of run energy in about 60 seconds from full, and every level of Agility adds another 1 second, so at level 99 you'd be able to run for 159 seconds, which is a lot, but considering that it'll be harder to train the skill because of how fast your run energy depletes, it should be a worthy reward.

Now, about the Zulrah; I think that it should be like the one found in OSRS; Possible to kill at lower levels with welfare gear with all it's weaknesses in every form, but it would require a lot of skill and the memory of her patterns to be able to kill her even with the end-game gear. I also think that Blowpipe should be more of a PvM weapon like in OSRS, being as fast as the magic shortbow in PVP scenarios, and as fast as darts in PVM scenarios.

Now, the agility pyramid shouldn't be a thing, or the cash rewards of it, would ruin the gold value.

The Slayer tower shouldn't be changed, no. This would make the slayer itself a faster skill since 30% of the tasks are in the slayer tower, but also it would be a lot harder to use melee on them since they are all aggressive.

Other than that, I feel that some changes would be healthy for the game.

Zulrah:
Please for the love of god no. you talk about things being "too new for OSES" but im also sure that this shit is younger than our ice strykewyrms are. also with this having the power as a magic shortbow, it would ruin the pure wilderniss considering its 3x as fast as a magic shortbow. could be considered as our current gladiator helm, the toxic staff of the dead isnt purely a mage weapon, its also close to the best strengthwise weapons lol.

Uhm, http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Toxic_blowpipe Here, read this first. It has an attack speed of darts against monsters, and an attack speed of a magic shortbow in PvP.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:34:40 am »
Keeping useless skills still offers more content or things to do to not make players get bored that quickly, most skills are done to get 99 and nothing besides that.

I like this topic a lot and I still wonder why all these forum nerds constantly bashed your posts

Also: NON TRADABLE PETS
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:37:41 am by Freestuffyay »

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Attacker35, Iron Corne

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:48 am »
I still wonder why all these forum nerds constantly bashed your posts
Yeah wonder why, maybe because he wrote shit like Brimhaven agility course should be replaced and Pest Control should be deleted ???
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:12:29 am by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
I didn't read most of the topic tbh, but from what I read I understood that we are almost looking for a copy of OSRS
I believe what thomy meant is, We're having an older version of the game ( the unique game we had in 2010 or so ) not just copying OSRS

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 11:07:51 am »
The following users liked this post: Attacker35, Hi Im Ethan, Ameer, S Clegane, K Naut

Offline K Naut

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »
Just because you like PKing does not mean the server has to be PvP based. (All I have ever done in this game is PKing)

even though some of the stuff you suggested was good your overall attitude is wack, id rather play the current game
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Someone12116, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 02:54:07 pm »
Just because you like PKing does not mean the server has to be PvP based. (All I have ever done in this game is PKing)

even though some of the stuff you suggested was good your overall attitude is wack, id rather play the current game
Good PvP has a shitload of benefits for the economy, pking being shit is a reason why the current economy is really bad.
A lot of people look for private servers just to pk and not do anything else.
So investing in a good PvP system should be a top priority.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Attacker35

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 05:55:54 pm »
I only read Bosses, other Monsters and Items cus that's the only chapter I think that I have enough knowledge of to form an opinion on, and I agree with the changes suggested there.

Edit: Looking back at it, I think 1 handed z spear might be broken unless it's weaker than the current z spear. Also, I think that the rune c'bow shouldn't be the best c'bow in PVP, either keep the Hunter c'bow the same way it is rn or introduce a stronger c'bow.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:06:57 pm by Just Humen »

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 06:02:05 pm »
I wonder why you guys are hating so much.

This is just my point of view of the features that I would like seeing in OSES.

Yes, it does have some features from OSRS (PvP aspect, slayer, zulrah and agility pyramid).
Yes, it does have less skills than Emps-World (no thieving, construction and hunter).

My idea behind it was to focus heavily on PvP activity and quality content while skillers are not left out entirely.
Otherwise I do not see the point of making an oldschool version of the game when you want to have the same unhealthy features as seen in Emps-World, which is the main reason why OSES was suggested in the first place.

@JP
I was not quite sure how to make the custom potions work, but I think that having them with similar effects as you and I suggested will benefit any kind of players.

Regarding mini-games, I think that having one mini-game with decent rewards is more than enough. Most of you probably do not know about it, but new mini-games were suggested alot in emps-scape and it was always denied because of the "low" player count (~400-500 players). When Pest Control got added, the rewards were splitted making emps-wars a good mini-game with bad rewards and pest control a boring mini-game with void.

I do not mind changing the way member tickets work. Good Point.

As for skilling pets, sure.

@Il Skill L

I was thinking about farming and you are right. Trees do have a purpose, but for skillers only. Maybe I was blinded by the ridiculous amount of seed drops and how easy it was to obtain them in Emps-World. As long as seeds are rather rare I agree with having farming the way it is (no random plants like onions though). Good Point.

Regarding the skills I cut out, there is no point arguing with you. Feel free to disagree with my version.

As for agility, I was thinking about how to make other skills easier to train and agility was the perfect skill for it. It is for members (makes membership more attractive) and the definition kinda fits the actions. I also agree that "infinite" running energy is way too powerful.

@ Iron Corne

With ranks I mean titles on forums, sorry.
You have the title "moderator" and if you donated to Emps, you would have a "donater" title under your moderator title as well. I know this does not sound like alot, but having these kind of titles have the same effect as broadcasting ingame.

I was not sure about Zulrah. To be honest, I would not mind not having it, because the items you would get are overpowered indeed. Good Point.

@Saligta

Thieving is one of the skills that was only trained for master farmers or because you wanted to go for level 99.
I was not a fan of how easy you could get seeds in Emps-World and my version of OSES focuses more on PvP and PK than skilling.
If you find a solution for how to make this skill viable and enjoyable, feel free to suggest it. :)

I do not know if you played Emps-Scape before, but at the earlier stages of the game turoths were multi and the go to spot if you wanted to get 99 magic. The reason why it got changed was because players who were not member did not deal any damage to turoths, but still gained the xp.
Abyssal demons will still be easy to kill. Just make abyssal whip rarer to compensate the multi area.

@Freestuffyay

This is why i let them have Firemaking xD.

I expected them to hate. It is natural that the skilling based community hates on suggestions that are pvp based.
This is why any kind of pvp activity other than staking is nonexistent in emps-world.

Untradable pets? Sure, why not. Good point.

@ Ameer

Well, you should read the whole suggestion to judge to be honest.
I would say it is a copy of emps-scape with osrs based pvp system and some other features.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:59:27 am by Junkz »

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 12:12:52 pm »
You do understand magic is op as it currently is, hitting close to a 60 maxhit with 6 speed spells, that also can be used for stacking? You want to add vengeance to the mix? It was enough to have people running around in 3A (which  at least used to have HIGHEST melee defence in game  ???) and spamming vengeance along with Rod of Invadis. Magic should be a combat style of ''utility'', having abilities such as Ice barrage to freeze and blood barrage to heal up, i'd also like to see a buff to shadow barrage though (prayer drain). The state of magic and it's gear in OsRs is FAR better than here, I really don't know what you meant by that. I think it's maxhit is 40 or 41 with Ice barrage and I feel as if it shouldn't be higher in OSES either, (and in EW aswell lol) the gear would rather improve your accuracy, which you would know, is so useful, if you've ever done hybriding or even used blood barrage on some bosses, etc... The lunar spellbook definitely has to stay, it should also have more working useful spells in it.
I see the same problem with range. In my opinion, range at least used to be the most unbalanced combat style (I'm unaware of the new defence updates). Yet again, range is something that hits like a truck, while also being very luck reliant with Javelins being Extremely inaccurate, yet high maxhit, dragon bolts being able to hit 70+ and such. The main problem I see, is that everything offers range strength bonus - I'd see it being balanced if ONLY items such as the whole armadyl set offering 5-8 range strength bonus. This wouldn't make range underpowered since bolts are actually really strong, though not overpowere, also, a dark bow buff in necessary, if Specs were to be removed in OsEs.

Armor and their bonuses - I still haven't gotten the point of
1) No negative bonuses - would balance out magic taking my previous suggestion about magic into consideration, having negative mage defence on certain melee armors (barrow melee armors, excluding veracs, bandos, rune and dragon, etc...) Having melee armors offer respectively small or huge negative offensive bonuses to magic and ranged (plate armors offering a huge offensive bonus to magic accuracy)
2) All of the gears having overall really good defences against all styles, along with magic having highest melee defence bonuses (Again, i'm unaware of the new update specifically that defence gear had) Yet as it seemed to me, it's still the case.
I hope it's obvious why i'm stating these two things, i'm trying to make the post as short as possible though I'll try to be active and reply again if required. This would also balance out range, if you think my previous suggestion about range was too big of a hit for it.

Untradeables - Ok, I am taking this straight from OSRS but I see this as the best solution. Having to fix your untradeables after death, costing cash. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, only that Minigames might be a bit dead. Opinions?
I personally wouldn't wanna see Elite void, if it was better than regular, and because of it's looks.

Changes with items that i'd like to see:
A staff dropped by the zamorak boss, being best in slot for magic.
Master wand being the second best one, maybe being a misc drop from another boss.
Zamorakian spear being dropped by the zamorak boss, still being 2H and basically without changing it's current form. Exept that I want the old ''swiping'' animation back, that was tight.  ::)
Dragonfire shield and Crystal shield should be two of SOME of the best shields in game, with dfs actually being a  rare item, maybe visage being dropped by KBD at a rate of over 1/5000 and mithril dragons of about 1/7500 or so.
I actually liked the ice crown, I think it should stay.

Zul'rah in my opinion is a definite no-no.

Didn't read the whole topic so prob missed some things but ye
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:18:22 pm by Attacker35 »
Pages: 1 2